PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Demo Review

Frostbyte
15 Feb 2009, 04:48pm
Well, today I finally got my hands on the Resident Evil 5 demo. (Xbox 360)

First off, fans of Resident Evil 4 will feel right at home here. The control scheme is pretty much the same, which is a drastic improvement on the old one. (Resident Evil 1-3 remakes plox???)

The new character Sheva is a welcome addition IMO. There is a noticable increase in the number of undead and the extra gun(s) really help in certain situations. If your not playing with a parter online, the friendly AI is really good.

The graphics are amazing.

There were 2 playable levels in the demo, the public assembly and the shanty town.

The shanty town is a new take on the first encounter in resident evil 4, with the village. There is a chainsaw guy.

The public assembly however, was different. The first part allows you to barricade a house to set up for the oncoming zerg rush. About 3/4 the way through the holdout, a massive fellow with a battle axe the size of a fucking ladder lumbers his way in destroying everything in his path, undead too. You have to hold him off until the helicopter arrives.

I would just like to say I loved the animations, theyre really really good.

Heres a quick overview of the weapons. (all of which besides the sniper have a laser sight)
Pistol- Quick shots, accurate.
Shotgun- Can't go wrong
Sniper- Amazing.
SMG (Mp5)- Basically the TMP from RE4

As I have seen from the trailers there are a few more weapons, and I would like to see the return of the merchant.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7oXx0qwe0wc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7oXx0qwe0wc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really enjoyed this demo, and I will be picking Resident Evil 5 up in March.

I hope you enjoyed my review!

zapper
15 Feb 2009, 05:33pm
lol the video

Henrik
15 Feb 2009, 11:58pm
that video is lolz

Jaffa
16 Feb 2009, 02:06am
Demo was ok....playing it on co-op with a friend was awesome

My problem was that the demo didn't feel very atmospheric at all, it just kinda plunged you into two fights

Hopefully the full game will be better

Jazz
16 Feb 2009, 01:08pm
lol a man picking on other people then get arrested! ??

Bad Dog
16 Feb 2009, 09:51pm
In the demo I didn really like the slow aiming and shit, and I got so pissed off at the low ammo IN the demo but thats just me. I dont think im gonna get it tho it looked cool but since i played demo the gameplay kinda turned me off :(

StrykerSwat
17 Feb 2009, 06:31am
lolz for that video even tho its already old
but i like the demo(PS3) its really kickass and it does stay the same view like RE4 did
but sometimes the AI when u play single player isnt that good imo
but its really better to play with somebody at home
online it sometime gets annoying because sometimes people dont have a mic and u die
they hog the ammo and stuff like that

overall i give this them a 9.0

and the review a 1.0(jk)

ReneGade
17 Feb 2009, 08:14am
Me and my roommate had a blast playing this demo last week before my xbox360 when rrod and I had to send it in for repairs.

Creeping Death
2 Mar 2009, 04:24pm
its ok. i wish they change some gun sounds and camera angels were changed casue they all sound the same from re4. ill buy just for the story line since i played all R.E

jigglebelljr
2 Mar 2009, 05:47pm
I liked the demo the vidoe was funny i would buy this game if you odn't have it its pretty good

Frostbyte
10 Mar 2009, 05:51pm
I liked the demo the vidoe was funny i would buy this game if you odn't have it its pretty good

Its too damn bad it released friday, idiot.