PDA

View Full Version : Pissing me off AFK killers

Bad Dog
14 Feb 2009, 01:38pm
I dont even want to count the # of times I go to the bathroom/ grab a drink and then come back only to see myself get headshotted, Idk what the rule for it is or if there is one but the AFK killing NEEDS TO STOP!

:twitch:

Tcp-Kill
14 Feb 2009, 01:46pm
I agree, it is lame. But it depends if the CT wants to be some Über prision nazi.

SneakySnake
14 Feb 2009, 01:48pm
CT's can only kill and AFK if he/she is holding up the round (being last T alive etc). Unless your liek Axel, who only kills them earlier if they are afk in first cell, because that gives them an unfair advantage when they get back lets say if everybody is in pool or cage. I dont exactly agree with that, because being in first cell itself gives an advantage, if ur awesome and can 1-clip the whole ct team like me =).

ReneGade
14 Feb 2009, 02:07pm
It can definitely be annoying at times, but having to sit out the rest of a round you already missed half of is not something to get all irritated about. Just ask the CT's nicely to refrain from it in the future.

CandleJack
14 Feb 2009, 02:33pm
i agree i hate afk killers it gets annoying if your gone just 5 secs and come back dead

Caution
14 Feb 2009, 02:40pm
I asked Suri what the rule on that was, and he said it's upon the discretion of the admin on at the time. Me personally, I just tell the CT's to close the cells and re-open them when the player gets back. However, if the admin allows it then the admin allows it.

Bubbles
14 Feb 2009, 02:59pm
we went over this already, the way afks are treated is completely up to the admin currently in the server

ReneGade
14 Feb 2009, 03:24pm
What if no admins are on the server though, "which way will the player complaint go?" is an important question.

Kennith
14 Feb 2009, 03:36pm
I leave him there, if he doesn't come back and hes one of the remaining ones I move him to spec, if hes afk for a few more rounds I kick.

Smallsasaurus
14 Feb 2009, 03:58pm
Technically, a CT can give the AFK T an order, like "move", or "leave your cell" and when he doesn't, he can kill him. As long as he does that, there isn't much else you can do, although I agree its sort of a dick move. That and if an Admin tells you not to kill the AFKs obviously don't do that.

But I agree with ReneGade, if you are willing to get up, go take a piss, get a drink, whatever, during the middle of a game you know you can't pause and you happen to get killed during that round, that's a dumb reason to get upset. A new round will start in a minute.

And how often are you going to get a drink/piss that this is actually bothering you? I go AFK maybe once everytime I play CS. Do you urinate like every 10 minutes where this is a problem?

Dracula
14 Feb 2009, 04:12pm
Technically, a CT can give the AFK T an order, like "move", or "leave your cell" and when he doesn't, he can kill him. As long as he does that, there isn't much else you can do, although I agree its sort of a dick move. That and if an Admin tells you not to kill the AFKs obviously don't do that.

But I agree with ReneGade, if you are willing to get up, go take a piss, get a drink, whatever, during the middle of a game you know you can't pause and you happen to get killed during that round, that's a dumb reason to get upset. A new round will start in a minute.

And how often are you going to get a drink/piss that this is actually bothering you? I go AFK maybe once everytime I play CS. Do you urinate like every 10 minutes where this is a problem?

This and if your going to go AFK for that long them go spec or leave server then re-join when back.

Mammal
22 Feb 2009, 09:45am
Just go afk when you die or move to the side, or a safe bet is stand in the cage, your not very likley to break rules by being stood there.

Axel
22 Feb 2009, 10:57am
I will only kill an afk if they are:

1. In the first cell, giving them an unfair advantage if they were to come back
2. In the gun cell.
3. Harpr33t

Mammal
22 Feb 2009, 12:48pm

2. In the gun cell.
3. Harpr33t
4. Mammal
5. I'm in a bad mood

Fixed =D

mNote
22 Feb 2009, 05:20pm
I dont even want to count the # of times I go to the bathroom/ grab a drink and then come back only to see myself get headshotted, Idk what the rule for it is or if there is one but the AFK killing NEEDS TO STOP!

:twitch:

I agree, it is lame. But it depends if the CT wants to be some Über prision nazi.

CT's can only kill and AFK if he/she is holding up the round (being last T alive etc). Unless your liek Axel, who only kills them earlier if they are afk in first cell, because that gives them an unfair advantage when they get back lets say if everybody is in pool or cage. I dont exactly agree with that, because being in first cell itself gives an advantage, if ur awesome and can 1-clip the whole ct team like me =).

i agree i hate afk killers it gets annoying if your gone just 5 secs and come back dead

I asked Suri what the rule on that was, and he said it's upon the discretion of the admin on at the time. Me personally, I just tell the CT's to close the cells and re-open them when the player gets back. However, if the admin allows it then the admin allows it.

I leave him there, if he doesn't come back and hes one of the remaining ones I move him to spec, if hes afk for a few more rounds I kick.

With all due respect to these messages, my stance on AFK players is for them to die regardless of being AFK or not.

I kill AFK players if I am in a rush to get things done as a CT. Others will leave them and let them come back to join the group, but AFKs that I catch in PB will be killed.

I don't want to use my admin too much and bother sending them to spec, so the only way to get an AFK out of the game quickly is to simply eliminate him if he doesn't respond.

If you are going to be AFK on PB as a CT/T, you are wasting time in the game regardless if you are there or not. PB is treated differently than the other servers and is actually wide open for different interpretations.

The day they make it a rule against killing AFKs is the day that I will openly break those rules to get a point across that that rule is lame.

Harpr33t
22 Feb 2009, 06:58pm

2. In the gun cell.
3. Harpr33t

You bastard

Ganzta
22 Feb 2009, 07:03pm
well there are people that pretends to be afk and then "come back" when the cts forgot about him or bitches when he gets killed

juku
22 Feb 2009, 11:50pm
One way or the other just don't be afk.

The Ct's has the right to kill a T that does not listen to the orders to move to a certain area.
It is of the Ct's discretion to kill the afk. (since they didn't follow orders) Ex: Cages.

A way to avoid this is if you know you are going to be afk for alittle bit, switch yourself to spectate.
Less :cry: more :ballchain:.

tank40175
23 Feb 2009, 05:37am
well there are people that pretends to be afk and then "come back" when the cts forgot about him or bitches when he gets killed

That is why you close the cells!! If you do that then not much to worry about when they do it. This would be when fakers start yelling "OPEN!!" If they in teleport cell, or gun cell and afk, then ice them.

Justice...
23 Feb 2009, 07:26am
i just blow the head of the AFKers :) I mean its their own fault they are afk, im not gonna risk my life (in game life) on opening for that T. He might run behind a CT and kill him and rebel and your fked

Axel
23 Feb 2009, 07:53am
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/its-a-me-MARIO/fail_thread.jpg

GOING AFK IS YOUR OWN FAULT, DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES

Red
23 Feb 2009, 10:11am

Agreed.

Mammal
24 Feb 2009, 11:20am
Whoa, I got neg repped from garfield saying "pathetic" just for having a laugh with Axel's message...

Garfield if you have something to say please say it here for everyone to see, or don't say it at all. Your pathetic, I know Axel, I was having a laugh, tbh he probably laughed at it. Fuck off, your just an immature bastard. :wave:

B o B
24 Feb 2009, 11:56am

Agreed Nice pic

Suri
24 Feb 2009, 12:16pm
nice why to kill the thread there. thread is closed.

if you are afk you may get killed and thats how it is.

Suri
24 Feb 2009, 05:24pm
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn1/suricruise_zm/sg-seal_small.jpg