PDA

View Full Version : One way door/area

Toxin
14 Feb 2009, 12:12pm
Guys, on my map, you have to break a wall to advance forward. But I want that after the players break the wall and go over it, they won't be able to return backwards, what could I do to do that?

Paul
14 Feb 2009, 12:19pm
You could add a trigger_push , the same size of the door. Make sure the push speed is set to something really high so they can get back through.

ReneGade
14 Feb 2009, 01:25pm
Paul's way is the only way I know to allow 1 directional access. Although its possible there is a way to make a 1 directional player clip wall, I am just not aware of it.

*edit* Oh you could also use a door that can only be opened from the outside, make a no draw door and just on the side they come from a no draw trigger/no collision trigger that opens the door for a given time. If set up correctly they may not even notice they triggered a door and it would prevent movement back thru once closed.

Toxin
14 Feb 2009, 03:11pm
Thanks you guys.

How do I make a wall that breaks after time from alone (without pressing any buttons)

ReneGade
14 Feb 2009, 03:31pm
Thanks you guys.

How do I make a wall that breaks after time from alone (without pressing any buttons)

Do you mean like a wall that just explodes after a period of time so that its no longer there?

Toxin
14 Feb 2009, 04:11pm
Never mind that, my biggest problem now are entities and shit. I will post later again if i need help.