PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Glitch/Error PLEASE RESPOND!

LEMON 27
13 Feb 2009, 03:16pm
Hey,
I'm about o rip my hair out, I am making a surf map which requires me to use the vertex morph tool (the bottom icon on the left toolbar). I use it frequently to match up the ends of curved ramps etc... However, if I, by accident, click and drag tool without selecting a vertex, it creates a "select box" that will not close. This forces me to close the program, reboot it and start all over again with almost EVERY single vertex unaligned. I cannot select anyhting while this box is closed and there is no way i can see to "deselect". It looks the exact same as when you click-drag teh select tool over empty space, but if you click outside of it, it doesn't deselect.

If anyone can help PLEASE RESPOND!!!!
Thanks,
LEMON

P.S. please don't call me a noob if there is an easy solution, i don't think my nerves can take it right now :smile:

GrayFox
13 Feb 2009, 03:55pm
Why not just make ramps that go into each other? Sure it doesn't look as good as a curved ramp, but it has the same effect. Or just cut a ramp from a square box manually.

Also, look on www.FPSbanana.com, I know they have some ramp prefabs there.

Daze
14 Feb 2009, 05:23am
www.solidsurf.info (http://www.solidsurf.info) have some excellent tutorials on surf mapping.