PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye: Source Beta 3

Astrum
13 Feb 2009, 02:03am
Alright, I know this is a bit late, but GoldenEye: Source Beta 3 was released Sunday, February 8th. I've been playing it all week long and I have to say the game is a lot of fun.

Back story for those of you who live under a rock or are too young to remember. GoldenEye 007 was a fantastic shooter released for the Nintendo 64 in 1997. It was one of the first FPS games on a console to be a huge success, and it was followed by Perfect Dark by the same development team (RARE).

Some very, very intelligent person decided to port this amazing game to the Source Engine. The last update before this new release was Beta 1.1h way back in 2007. Beta 1.1h was an okay game, although it definitely lacked in many areas. Since then they ported the game to the Orange Box engine and made it an amazingly fun mod.

So let's get this mod popular and play the shit out of it before someone decides to bring copyright infringement lawsuits on the dev team! There aren't a lot of servers but there are quite a few players that you'll get to know quickly. I usually play on the Tastes Like Pants License To Kill server, so if you want to frag it up in an old-school and kickass game with updated graphics, then download the client (http://www.goldeneyesource.net/)and join!

ReneGade
13 Feb 2009, 02:25am
i dled it and ill join you tomorrow

GrayFox
13 Feb 2009, 05:13am
I'm going to download it today when I get home.

Axel
13 Feb 2009, 05:24am
No crosshair
That's the only problem
If it has single player I'd do that
+++
New achievements
^^
Good game though
Will never be better than the N64 ver though

Svendy
13 Feb 2009, 05:50am
there is crosshair when you walk, i like the game exept you dont do any damage with hands

Axel
13 Feb 2009, 04:56pm
there is crosshair when you walk, i like the game exept you dont do any damage with hands

I never noticed
The only issue I have is with the sprays
NONE of mine that work fine in CSS can be used in GES
=|
Kinda annoying
Still a good game
More models, more players
Can't wait for the final release ^.^

Modgers1
14 Feb 2009, 11:34pm
Remind me tomorrow to download this Astrum...

-Modgers

Suri
23 Feb 2009, 03:26pm
Getting it now

StrykerSwat
23 Feb 2009, 03:43pm
i dl this and it reminds me of the Goldeneye from the N64 :)
good times :D

GrayFox
23 Feb 2009, 06:25pm
I played a round of Golden Guns, oh boy this game is fun. The graphics are pretty decent as well.

Astrum
23 Feb 2009, 09:49pm
Indeed. I personally prefer License To Kill servers. The game is a blast though, can't wait for the final release. Wouldn't mind opening up our own server for it either =).

Modgers1
23 Feb 2009, 09:58pm
It's fun so far, but the PP7 lags my game to an extreme amount for some reason...

-Modgers

Astrum
23 Feb 2009, 10:56pm
That's really weird, Modgers. I don't know why it would do that tbh. No one else who has played it has had this problem. You might want to pop on over to their official forums and make an inquiry about it or search for other posts that state the same problem.

Axel
24 Feb 2009, 08:12am
To be honest I was disappointed, but I loved the original version.
Graphics are better than N64
No crosshair
No single player
I still like it
But I will always prefer the N64 ver

Astrum
24 Feb 2009, 11:43am
No crosshair

Press shift. You didn't get a crosshair in the original unless you aimed. GE:S is nearly an exact port to the source engine.

Ms. Blargh
24 Feb 2009, 02:09pm
O.O

omg thanks for posting this.
This is one of my all time favorite games.

Axel
24 Feb 2009, 03:00pm
Press shift. You didn't get a crosshair in the original unless you aimed. GE:S is nearly an exact port to the source engine.

True but I don't like holding shift, its not like I'm using the N64 controller
God I wish I could XD

GrayFox
24 Feb 2009, 03:14pm
True but I don't like holding shift, its not like I'm using the N64 controller
God I wish I could XD

Change it to right mouse button, thats what mine is.

andre1028
24 Feb 2009, 03:54pm
First Source Match ever.

http://s5.tinypic.com/2rxd1tk.jpg

pies?
3 Mar 2009, 03:05pm
If I have the chance I'll go check it out!

Creeping Death
6 Mar 2009, 06:48pm
Gonna get this shit. best n64 goldeneye ftw