PDA

View Full Version : England, the problem.

Lux
11 Feb 2009, 04:16pm
Tonight we lost to Spain in what for them was a walk over.

The first more obvious reason was the team sheet.

From the players in the team, I would of only had 1 or 2 players in my 11. Due to injuries the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Hargreaves, Owen who would all be in my first team we struggled. Also not playing Ashley Young who is our best winger and using the likes of Beckham and Downing is really bad. Young didn't even come on, or Milner and I don't understand why when Beckham plays too deep and is just shite.

Also playing Glen Johnson, who would be my 10th choice, was suicide against arguably (other than Fabregas) Spain's strongest side.

To add to this, we had Agbonlahor and Hesky upfront, and later Crouch and Charlton Cole. To have these players as our best talent is terrible. I guess our 3 or 4 best are injured so there is some excuse but, these guys had some decent chances and didn't make the best of them. Not to blame them though, because our team let Spain attack without any pressure, and on the attack they put on masses of pressure and we folded and didn't manage to create many chances.

If Spain really wanted to they could of won this game by a bigger margin, and England need to get a fit team of better quality, and get their tactics together if we want to stand a chance against the elite teams.

James
12 Feb 2009, 07:29am
We got rolled...

Justice...
12 Feb 2009, 09:10am
england sucks hzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzzzhzzzzzhzzzzz.... ^.^

Omar
12 Feb 2009, 09:22am
Urgh, all the good players wasn't even in the game.. damn.

Too bad England, fuck 'em over next time..

but do consider, Spain is one hell of an opponent.

Jaffa
12 Feb 2009, 09:28am
Out of the team, including subs, i thought only carlton cole and beckham had decent games. As soon as Beckham came on, he started looking forwards and passing forwards, which most of our team compltetly failed to do. Carlton Cole, when he came on, was always running into space and looking for the link up (which crouch compltetly failed to do, no thansk especially to his crap first touches).

Englands probelm in this game was that the midfield was way too static, there was little overlapping from the fullbacks, Carrick was invisible along with Abonglahor (or however you spell his name), Barry and Lampard were always looking to pass the ball back to defense, the list goes on.

You know its bad when you get a decent positioned frekick inside the Spainish half, they play a short ball instead of getting it into the box, and end up playing it back to the keeper.

England lacked any desire to win the game, and Spain eaisly deserved the 2-0 scoreline

Mammal
12 Feb 2009, 09:42am
If it has been a proper match not a friendly then they would have been a man down from Heskey being fouled.
They would have been getting lots of yellows if they had commited their fouls in a proper match but as it was a friendly they are reluctant to give cards.

Jaffa
12 Feb 2009, 09:51am
If it was a proper game spain would of played their full strength team throughout

Lux
12 Feb 2009, 12:44pm
Beckham was playing too deep. He made a few ok chances but, I would of rather had Young on.

Mammal
12 Feb 2009, 01:33pm
If it was a proper game spain would of played their full strength team throughout

And we would have done the same?
Spain where missing one player. ONE!
We had millions gone :confused:
Agbonlahor is nowhere near good enough atm, I would rather have Heskey+Rooney upfront.

Tcp-Kill
12 Feb 2009, 03:16pm
Disappointing, but meh.

Jaffa
12 Feb 2009, 04:23pm
And we would have done the same?
Spain where missing one player. ONE!
We had millions gone :confused:
Agbonlahor is nowhere near good enough atm, I would rather have Heskey+Rooney upfront.

Sorry, what i was trying to say was we were lucky it was a friendly, with half our "team" (in inverted commas as England rarely play as a team) out, we would of been spanked baddddd

Fast Bullet
19 Apr 2009, 07:47am
england sucks hzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhzzzhzzzzzhzzzzz.... ^.^

lol

GrayFox
19 Apr 2009, 09:04am
lol

Theres really no need to bump a thread to compliment someone who was banned

Fast Bullet
19 Apr 2009, 09:54am
Theres really no need to bump a thread to compliment someone who was banned

HE WASENT BANNED FOR THAT!