PDA

View Full Version : [Rejected] SST2

trakaill
5 Feb 2009, 12:57pm
Can we please remove this map because....

-Its a lot of running with no traps or anything fun...
-Huge open areas where zombies get owned...
-Rocks dont do shit but kill teamates...
-Same for the armored car....
-When zombies dont actually get owned, they get into the base and knife THROUGH the stupid ship... so the zombies end up winning even tho humans escaped..

Its poorly designed and the worst map smause ever created he said he would finish it properly but nerver did!!!

Dont come in here and say I love this map..if you do like it state why and will see if you have some valid reason beside being a rank whore that like to pawn low HP zombies...

Troy
5 Feb 2009, 01:30pm
This is an okay map I dont hate it.. But it could be a little updated. This map usually brings people to the server and fills the server for the whole map. It does get boring just running straight in wide areas. There's been a thread for bill to update this map in new map reviews. I dont think it should be removed because its a slot filler for the server.

andre1028
5 Feb 2009, 03:14pm
I love this map.

Harpr33t
5 Feb 2009, 03:31pm
The reasons for the server being full or this map being a favorite is b/c it's easy to get kills as humans.

Lux
5 Feb 2009, 04:18pm
SST is utter SHITE.

Really, its just full of zombie hunting, retarded cars/rocks, and camping.

Least fun map to play on, for CTs and Zombies (who have any brains, as in don't find hunting with 30 other CTs any fun when the round lasts 30 seconds).

Mammal
6 Feb 2009, 06:19am
SST is utter SHITE.

Really, its just full of zombie hunting, retarded cars/rocks, and camping.

Least fun map to play on, for CTs and Zombies (who have any brains, as in don't find hunting with 30 other CTs any fun when the round lasts 30 seconds).

Right, this map is rubbish, it should be removed, even if it is loved by all the score whores...

Daze
6 Feb 2009, 08:06am
It's boring, there's no alternative thing to do. I'd like it removed.

Jazz
6 Feb 2009, 09:52am
I like when the dorpshift arrives (the song)

Paladin
6 Feb 2009, 11:52am
Yes it's a terrible map, but it fills the slots up in a hurry and in the end, that's all that matters.

trakaill
6 Feb 2009, 12:09pm
trap escape filled the slots can we get it back then??? cause I really liked it!!

Paladin
6 Feb 2009, 12:12pm
Trap escape would drop the number of people, don't try to say otherwise because I have been in the servers during it. I would see full server from previous map, drop to half players by the end of the map.

SST2 - Run run to, get to the last base, wait for the dropship, get in, fly off, boom. Definition of escape.

Trap escape - Run traps for the entire time. The nuke button at the end the guy had just added as an afterthought so he could enter it into the escape contest, but in the end it still wasn't meant to originally be an escape map.

Jaffa
6 Feb 2009, 12:24pm
Yes it's a terrible map, but it fills the slots up in a hurry and in the end, that's all that matters.

QFT

I hate it most of the time, but it fills the server. I think i made a thread somewhere abouts here about how it could be improved, so if someone is willing to work on a new version of it (obviously with bill smauz's agreement) they are welcome to steal ideas from it

Chobber
6 Feb 2009, 01:06pm
QFT

I hate it most of the time, but it fills the server. I think i made a thread somewhere abouts here about how it could be improved, so if someone is willing to work on a new version of it (obviously with bill smauz's agreement) they are welcome to steal ideas from it

Link, maybe? :/

trakaill
6 Feb 2009, 01:50pm
QFT

your post got deleted
@ paly..the trap thing was just being sarcastic...
BUT as stated before people dont necessarily run to the end..they run after the low life thats really easy to kill cause its so open he cant reach any humans...

Paladin
6 Feb 2009, 02:24pm
your post got deleted
@ paly..the trap thing was just being sarcastic...
BUT as stated before people dont necessarily run to the end..they run after the low life thats really easy to kill cause its so open he cant reach any humans...

Servers still full though regardless, and that's all that matters.

Jazz
6 Feb 2009, 02:26pm
You're all right, it may be a shitty map but:

We've had sst for a long time now. First time i played it i loved with Grim and Z3r0 but now they're gone and no one seems to like the map. However I'm going to be honest and say that i do like it.

Jaffa
6 Feb 2009, 03:04pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13196

Thats the thread i was referring to, probably should of linked it in the post above

imkrazie
6 Feb 2009, 05:59pm
so if someone is willing to work on a new version of it (obviously with bill smauz's agreement) they are welcome to steal ideas from it

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9664

basically...Bill would like someone to complete sst and finish ze_ship.

*Queen VenomousFate*
7 Feb 2009, 01:39pm
Trap Escape = Deathrun

SST is probably our second most popular map. After playing through all the complicated maps it is sometimes nice to go back to a simple passage run away escape and SST fills that.

When it comes down to it, there are only 2 reasons i will remove a map from the server. Because they either a) arent really an escape map (Trap Escape) and b) cause the server to loose a SIGNIFICANT number of players.

SST will NOT be removed any time in the near future. The fact that the map is poorly designed and one sided (I actually find that Zombies win more often than humans, the only reason they usually cant win is if you get a lone zombie, but then again a lone zombie on ANY map will get raped) does not mean it should constitute removal. Popularity is what decides what maps stay.

If you don't like SST simply leave the server and go play VIP or one of our others servers until the map changes. Sorry :(

REJECTED

*Queen VenomousFate*
7 Feb 2009, 01:41pm
If you want Trap escape back make a sperate post. I will not deal with that in here too. Sorry :(

Hellz
22 Feb 2009, 03:18pm
Its fun to play when your a human :)