PDA

View Full Version : Why does left 4 dead...

James
22 Jan 2009, 08:41am
Have such retarded bots that decide, when they see a tank they think "oh, I must get right up close to it and kill it", where on expert they get knocked down with 1 hit. And when one of the bots get knocked down, the other bots try to run up to him/her and try and revive them, where they also get killed. I have given up with the single player because expert is near impossible with the ai system.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that the commands that you can choose, the bots do not follow them at all? say if you want them to stay put or retreat quickly, then nothing...

has anyone actually managed to complete any campaigns on expert?

Henrik
22 Jan 2009, 08:46am
not with bots that's impossible

but with players, all campaigns

Red
22 Jan 2009, 10:36am
I've completed all campaigns on expert, along with a few other SG members on here.

Not with bots though.

Wrathek
22 Jan 2009, 03:51pm
bots're designed to be helpful to human players, other than that just practice before you start having real fun online.

LVG
22 Jan 2009, 03:59pm
2 words or maybe its one Co-op James Co-op...

James
22 Jan 2009, 04:03pm
Well, I guess that no one is SG is playing L4D anymore i take it... D:

GrayFox
22 Jan 2009, 04:06pm
While playing verses, one of the bots opened the safe door.

Jaffa
22 Jan 2009, 04:19pm
on versus the safe door opens after a set time

Red
22 Jan 2009, 04:19pm

We still play.

I played just the other night with zero001, potshot, astrum

James
22 Jan 2009, 04:22pm
oh, well then could we arrange a time when we can play through no mercy or whatever then that would be great. I don't think i am working this sunday, or I can do it after college next week but whatever is best.

Frostbyte
22 Jan 2009, 04:58pm

I play it, it's just when I ask, most people say no. I play occasionally with KennyG, Eversmen, Jaffa, and a couple regs.

GrayFox
22 Jan 2009, 05:26pm
I play all the time, just no one ever asks me.

Jaffa
22 Jan 2009, 06:05pm
i play all the time, just msg me on steam if you want someone who doesn't do friendly fire every two seconds, rushes out of the safe room whilst his team is getting prepared, wnaders off by himself looking for treasure etc

Hiphopopotomus
22 Jan 2009, 07:29pm
I'll play if you make me....gets kinda boring on anything but Versus though...

Resistance
22 Jan 2009, 07:35pm
I play any day and any time james.

You just have to PM me!!!!

Anyways, bots were designed to be a starter or practice mode. Not for trying to achieve all the achievements. Then that's resulting in....

-Smashed keyboards
-Lots of swearing
-Drinking?
-Getting pissed
-Quiting the game
-(Dunno what goes here next LOL)

But yeah, i've yet to complete all campaings on expert though. I got advanced mode though. I just play around to much. :P

But on my serious game days. I can go into Expert mode in a breeze!

Greetz