PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Mic problem

B o B
20 Jan 2009, 09:04am
I got a Microphone that works in Ventrilo but not i css. Anyone know what to do plz help me :)

Jaffa
20 Jan 2009, 09:08am
i have the same (or similar) issue. Do you run vista by any chance? As i do, and i believe that there is some issue with steam not recognising mics on vista

B o B
20 Jan 2009, 09:16am
No. I´m Running Xp. Sucks that it works in Ventrilo but not in css.

Chobber
20 Jan 2009, 02:32pm
Is it a USB mic or mini-jack-connection mic?

Have you tried right clicking on the little speaker in your taskbar (next to the clock in the bottom right corner) and choosing "Adjust sound characteristics" -> go into the 2 tabs called "Sound units" (or similiar) and "Voice" .. On all drop-down menus, choose your sound in-/output (the name of your headset, I.E).. There should be 4 drop-down menus where you can find your sound entity..
Click enter and restart CS:S .. Yes, you have to quit the game and enter it again..

USUALLY works for me.. CS:S will on launch, go search for the in- and outputs it "needs" and use those untill next launch of the game.. Of course remember to turn on voice input in the options in CS:S..

I am sorry for any slobby translations in the menus etc, but my system is danish and I just quickly translated it :)

B o B
20 Jan 2009, 03:36pm
A mini-jack mic. ill Try that :)

Mammal
21 Jan 2009, 11:48am
I have the same problem but I think its something to do with my external sound card.