PDA

View Full Version : Votekick/Voteban

TopCat
19 Jan 2009, 06:25am
We need these back. I am not going to continuously make threads on the player complaints forum because of mic spammers, etc.

Daze
19 Jan 2009, 06:41am
We need these back. I am not going to continuously make threads on the player complaints forum because of mic spammers, etc.

Wow dude, your are quickly losing popularity here.

I am not going to continuously make threads on the player complaints forum

Simple answer, don't bother.

They're not on for a reason, it's been covered in many other threads about this. Look them up before spamming another new thread.

Paul
19 Jan 2009, 06:42am
Yeah like Daze said, people abuse them, sometimes a group of people will come on and voteban the enitre server. Then we have people appealing and we cant do anything.

SilentGuns
19 Jan 2009, 07:18am
Every time when im playing CS , I see someone abuse voteban. Example : ''EVERYONE VOTE BAN HIM , HIS A MUSLIM''.

Maxwelldon
19 Jan 2009, 07:21am
Silent_guns;145436']Every time when im playing CS , I see someone abuse voteban. Example : ''EVERYONE VOTE BAN HIM , HIS A MUSLIM''.
Harsh example because of having the racism in yours..

But yes, it's true - people tend to abuse voteban and votekick commands due racism or just because they want to get a rid of a person they themselves dislike.. Or find some sort of "kicks" in it up on success of abuse.

Axel
19 Jan 2009, 07:24am
No one uses votekick...
They tend to use voteban more
I have seen this abused
Paul you wanna lock it?
Maybe Spike could hmmm
Either way it isn't coming back

Mercy
19 Jan 2009, 07:31am
98% of the time the person that a SINGLE player wants votekicked/banned does not actually get votekicked or votebanned by EVERYONE because MOSTLY everyone does not really care about what the others want, so i think it's a great idea that votekick and ban were removed.

SpikedRocker
19 Jan 2009, 07:34am
Here's the thing with votebans/kicks. It has no logs. If people are causing problems on our servers and get votebanned or kicked 10-15 times we wouldn't have a record of it. Plus those bans are only for 2 hours. So this is why we want our players to report players breaking rules.

Svendy
19 Jan 2009, 07:53am
here is anohter ideá, get an admin in the server. ask for one in the chatbox, IRC, vent or steam

BOOWY
19 Jan 2009, 09:42am
<--- Victim of votekick/voteban abuse. It's usually initiated by people who can't take it when someone else is better than them at something or just good in general, to the point where it pisses them off and the only way they can deal with it is to voteban them out. Lots of little kids get votebans against them for talking too. I can imagine impatient little shits putting votebans in for the last survivors in a map like Big City as well. Piratewars too for people shooting at boats or people "hogging" the buses on Busesfromhell.

People have repeatedly proven that they are too immature to handle such a feature. Mic spamming should be a non-issue unless you play on the zombie servers. It absolutely astonishes me how people can say shut up on the mic several dozen times when they can take 5 seconds to go into the player list and mute them for good.

SilentGuns
19 Jan 2009, 09:51am
Harsh example because of having the racism in yours..

But yes, it's true - people tend to abuse voteban and votekick commands due racism or just because they want to get a rid of a person they themselves dislike.. Or find some sort of "kicks" in it up on success of abuse.

I didn't make it up ,someone really said that....