PDA

View Full Version : Planting in PB

Daze
19 Jan 2009, 03:39am
Once again, another debate thread.

After reading through the recent admin complaint on Toxin here (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145381#post145381) I want everyone to see my opinon / read others opinions on this.

How I look at it is, sometimes the CT's are just way too good, let's take electric_large for instance, if the CT team is good enough, they will watch 1st cell from the moment the round starts, they wont open up until the gun from the cell second to the end of the top floor has been emptied or removed. This dilemma leaves the T's hardly any options to rebel unless they are lucky enough to knife a unsuspecting CT.

I think that it's okay to plant guns as long as your don't intend to kill them for it straight away. This is a smart plant, giving the T the gun to liven the game up and create action.

I'm not talking about planting a gun to a T with 8 CT's standing behind you watching you do it as that is plain stupid and will get you banned.

I know there's going to be some discussion through the BoD about this, but I want to hear your thoughts on this, so..what do you think?

Caution
19 Jan 2009, 03:49am
I honestly don't mind if a CT plants a secondary weapon on a T, it's the primaries I have a problem with. I think that the round can certainly be livened up by just planting a deagle or a USP. When you start planting M4s, AWPs, and AKs, it starts getting out of hand.

Daze
19 Jan 2009, 04:10am
I honestly don't mind if a CT plants a secondary weapon on a T, it's the primaries I have a problem with. I think that the round can certainly be livened up by just planting a deagle or a USP. When you start planting M4s, AWPs, and AKs, it starts getting out of hand.

Sorry I forgot to add this to it, but I agree 100%

Hotshot
19 Jan 2009, 04:44am
Yeah I agree with Daze and caution here. Planting is OK but only on some cases xD

Jaffa
19 Jan 2009, 04:49am
If i see a ct run out at start, chuck all his guns on the floor for ts (this happens a lot more than you'd think), then run back into armoury, i'll kick him.

Currently i understand that cts can plant guns on ts, as long as they do not kill the ts for it.

Generally i don't like to see cts planting, as it effectivly means that the cts who don't know about it can die (and these deaths have been caused by their own teammate). Planting guns can often kill the t as well, as a ct might panic shoot (possibly hitting other ts) if he says a primary on a ts back, or if a t draws his secondary (he might have autopickup, in which case he will automatically draw it). In this case, the planting ct has effectivly killed the t, and also contributed to his teammate freekilling.

I don't agree that planting is ok at all, ts should earn their guns and the win, not be helped along by their opponents. Likewise, cts shouldn't be punished by their own teammates for doing well and maintaining control.

Axel
19 Jan 2009, 07:09am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=13547

Nuff said
Suri clears it all up
Planting is NOT allowed...
If they do this admins should move them to the other team to prevent it...
If they contiune to join CT go through regular punishments
Slay/kick/ban etc
Thats how I see it now

Of course...
There are people we all know in the server and we find it funny if they do this
This is for the more annoying players who run into the middle of a room and drop their guns and run off
(Thank you Jaffa)
Those are the people who should get votekicked / votebanned
Too bad the server doesn't have it no more!

Daze
19 Jan 2009, 12:51pm
I'll quote a post from Suricruise in the Admin Complaint section:

But I believe the no planting guns was always a rule. Is is a RP server for a real life Jail Break. So why in the world would a real guard plant a gun for T's to kill him and his other guards??? Thats just retarded.

Lets discuss this now, PB is essentially a RP (role-play) server. I could say that if it was a real life Jail Break, then why in the hell would the Guards let the terrorists out of their cells at all? There has to be some kind of line drawn here. You could even say that the Guard is a dirty cop, he's being payed to supply guns for example.

Which leads me onto another discussion, players saying they cant swim when ordered to get in the pool. Should this be a legit reason for not entering the pool as it is RP and could happen or should they be shot for disobeying Guard orders?

Input please.

Axel
19 Jan 2009, 12:55pm
If you wanna be really clever then here's a thought
Would a guard REALLY kill a prisoner for not swimming?
I think not
The whole concept of "I can't swim" is bullshit
Do you have a keyboard deficiency?

As for planting
People could be working on the inside to break people out
IE like bad girls (programme ITV1 - UK only I think)
Still a gay rule...

Suicide nades are also a bitch =\

Jaffa
19 Jan 2009, 01:40pm
prisoners aren't kept locked up 24/7 in real prisons.

If we are roleplaying then, an i catch a "dirty cop", i'll "sack" him or maybe i will just "lock him up"

Chef
19 Jan 2009, 01:43pm
hmm...lets clear this up. planting = giving it to em and shooting them.

simple tossing a pistol down and leaving shouldnt be bannable. most the time we spend 5 mins waiting for someone to rebel.

either allow cts to give em small arms or make LR's mandatory.

Caution
19 Jan 2009, 01:44pm
Which leads me onto another discussion, players saying they cant swim when ordered to get in the pool. Should this be a legit reason for not entering the pool as it is RP and could happen or should they be shot for disobeying Guard orders?

When I first joined the community I was told by several admins that as lon as you're in the pool area you're fine, because it's an RP server. Lol I even enforced these rules and had a complaint on me for it.

PB needs some serious MOTD adjustments.

trakaill
19 Jan 2009, 03:46pm
When I first joined the community I was told by several admins that as lon as you're in the pool area you're fine, because it's an RP server. Lol I even enforced these rules and had a complaint on me for it.

PB needs some serious MOTD adjustments.

it used to be that way then CT's decided to start fuckin up everything and enforcing unfair stupid rule and as I said before none of the higher ups really care

and yeah thats true but seems like it will never happen..

Axel
19 Jan 2009, 05:22pm
either allow cts to give em small arms or make LR's mandatory.

Surely this will make them NOT rebel
I have seen douchés wait to get a LR
There shouldn't be an LR...
If in a real prison there is only 1 prison, would you really was
"Noob, wanna play shot for shot?"
"Sure, what the hell"
"ZOMG YOU FIRED TWICE"
etc
CT's job is to guard them, not help escape
T's have to get off THEIR asses and rebel
zerg rush ftw

Caution
19 Jan 2009, 06:18pm
Surely this will make them NOT rebel
I have seen douchés wait to get a LR
There shouldn't be an LR...
If in a real prison there is only 1 prison, would you really was
"Noob, wanna play shot for shot?"
"Sure, what the hell"
"ZOMG YOU FIRED TWICE"
etc
CT's job is to guard them, not help escape
T's have to get off THEIR asses and rebel
zerg rush ftw

In a real prison would the T's have knifes?

DoubleSb
19 Jan 2009, 08:32pm

Maybe, if they snuck it up their asses.

Caution
19 Jan 2009, 09:48pm
Maybe, if they snuck it up their asses.

I love how the answer to every question as to why the T's would have a certain thing, it's that they stuck it up their asses.

Harpr33t
19 Jan 2009, 09:49pm

Yes and they are called shanks. Anyway this issue can be resolved by not letting the cts take away the pistol that is hidden in the cell. Also daze why are you the one
Complaining about it your one of the most strict cts.

Caution
19 Jan 2009, 10:04pm
Yes and they are called shanks. Anyway this issue can be resolved by not letting the cts take away the pistol that is hidden in the cell. Also daze why are you the one
Complaining about it your one of the most strict cts.

Wrong. In high security prisons (like Guantanamo Bay) they don't allow prisoners (such as terrorists) anything to make shanks out of. And if for some reason they did make one, not every single one is going to have a knife.

If we want to get technical we can.

Harpr33t
19 Jan 2009, 10:19pm
Wrong. In high security prisons (like Guantanamo Bay) they don't allow prisoners (such as terrorists) anything to make shanks out of. And if for some reason they did make one, not every single one is going to have a knife.

If we want to get technical we can.
Why don't you open your eyes to the fact that there are other maximum secruity prisons than GB. And they have had stabbing, riots, and murders all with concealed weapons. Btw GB wasn't even supposed to be a prison, since it's just a military base.

OH LAWD IT WENT TECHNICAL!!!

Caution
19 Jan 2009, 11:00pm
Why don't you open your eyes to the fact that there are other maximum secruity prisons than GB. And they have had stabbing, riots, and murders all with concealed weapons. Btw GB wasn't even supposed to be a prison, since it's just a military base.

OH LAWD IT WENT TECHNICAL!!!

How about you open your eyes and realize that there are maximum security prisons with 24/7 lock down that DON'T have riots? GB was a reference, I'm not saying it reflects all prisons, kkthxbye. Maximum security prisons don't give their prisoners items to make shanks with. And BTW, running around with a knife isn't concealed.

Actually, GB was a naval base used to detain refugees. It turned into the GB we know now years later.

OH LAWD IT WENT RETARDED!!!

Daze
20 Jan 2009, 02:26am
Also daze why are you the one Complaining about it your one of the most strict cts.

Notice the difference between a complaint and an educated debate over something?

Axel
20 Jan 2009, 03:00am
OH LAWD IT WENT RETARDED!!!

AGREED
This is a debate
Not a flame thread
Either play nice and get you view across or get the fuck out...
daZe isn't complaining, he is simply asking us what we think about planting
If you think it is okay, or if you hate it and it ruins your fun
This is about the players opinions...
Now can we all be friendly?

SpikedRocker
20 Jan 2009, 07:17am
Alright to end the debates. We've decided that CT's ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLANT GUNS. NO EXCEPTIONS.

As far as any other rule involving PB please refer to this thread: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11735

Between that and the MOTD (which will be adjusted to reflect our decsion soon) these should answer any questions we should have on PB. If it is not listed on either, it is not a rule and is fair play.