PDA

View Full Version : Notorius

Caution
17 Jan 2009, 01:21am
Just went to see this movie and I must say, it was really well done. The director really spent time learning exactly the way Notorius B.I.G. grew up and lived. It goes beyond the average rapper film, it really shows you a lot of the real struggles he faced and had to overcome. Would really like to see a 2Pac one now. :P

I would highly recommend seeing this movie when you get a chance. Even to those who don't like rap, you can still get past that and just watch it like you would any other movie. Acting was very well, along with the way it was set up (POV's, time sequence, ect.). This movie really surprised me, I thought it would be shit, just because most of the stuff that comes out now is. I stand corrected.

My overall score: 8.5

NOT A MOVIE TO SEE WITH YOUR KIDS

Harpr33t
17 Jan 2009, 06:01am
I'm just hoping its not like Get Rich or Die Trying.

Caution
17 Jan 2009, 10:39am
I'm just hoping its not like Get Rich or Die Trying.

No, not at all, trust me. I went in thinking it was going to be like that, but it's really not. It's almost as if they react his entire life, exactly how it happened, down to actual rhymes he was saying when he free styled.

DoubleSb
17 Jan 2009, 10:39am
I want to see that movie, I've heard good things about it and it's about 10x better than other rap movies :]

Caution
17 Jan 2009, 10:49am
I want to see that movie, I've heard good things about it and it's about 10x better than other rap movies :]

It's hard to explain...it just doesn't take the same approach as most rap movies do. This is the actual shit that he did, but it's not a documentary. The actors did a wonderful job portraying the people they played as. Lil' Kim was upset and said that this movie "made her look bad." Trust me, if any of you know you Lil' Kim is, you'd know she's portrayed exactly how she is.

LegalSmash
19 May 2009, 12:13pm
I just redboxed this, it was REALLY good.

FightingRooster
19 May 2009, 08:16pm
Sounds good. I'll probably download it.

I agree though, a Tupac one would be sick.

matt 187
19 May 2009, 08:23pm
the fake lil kim geting fucked was the funnest part of the movie

Caution
19 May 2009, 09:34pm
the fake lil kim geting fucked was the funnest part of the movie

Haha yeah it was

Thefreshprince
21 May 2009, 04:43am
Good movie. There is a 2pac movie, but its a documentary though I'm guessing you already know about it.

The funnest part is indeed the fake lil kim scenes :-].