PDA

View Full Version : Left4Dead - Trickjumping

Jaffa
12 Jan 2009, 02:15am
Think your a hunter pro? Check these out:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x2BBLhTcc3w

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tN7PrqVxJys&feature=related

(Incidently, can anyone tell me th esong in the 2nd video?)

Wraith
12 Jan 2009, 02:48am
Some of those jumps in the first video are just worthless. They dont' go to anywhere a survivor might go or could even reach, and they dont' serve a practical purpose to position yourself those lovely 25 damage pounces.

The second video is pretty good. There is another with all those spots plus some more. Its a good video if you want to just watch it to find new places to wait and ambush.

As my side note, if you dont' know how to jump off walls yet as a hunter in L4D, while yoru crouching and pouncing, jump towards a wall and turn and face where you want to go then pounce again, as long as its away from the wall you can jump along it, while continiously holding your crouch button. A nice practice stage is on no mercy's apartments.

Hiphopopotomus
12 Jan 2009, 03:18am
Yeah when you pounce at a wall you are supposed to do a 180 turn and jump again over and over as much as you like....i really havent tried it yet.

Jaffa
12 Jan 2009, 04:10am
I think you missed the point of the first video entirely wraith, they weren't intended to go anywhere particularily useful, just to show off jumping

Ganzta
12 Jan 2009, 04:20am
i never knew that you could do 25 dmg just by pounce the survivor from high places

Jaffa
12 Jan 2009, 04:39am
its awesome when you do it :)

and should be some good new spots to find when they release death toll and dead air on versus

SpEeD
12 Jan 2009, 01:10pm
lol makes me looks horrible (although i aim as the infected =/)

Wraith
12 Jan 2009, 01:27pm
Most of those jumps in the first video were death toll and a few dead air if you haven't noticed. I do understand the first video but my idea of trick jumping falls in two categories, the first being the obvious one to get to a nice vantage point to make a good ambush and get the pounce damage. The second use of trick jumping is as a distraction, if you can jump back and forth between a few walls and get 3-4 of the survivors attention you give a door way for your friends to attack them as they are consentrating on the stupid hunter that they can't hit bc its moving around crazily.

For the 25 dmg pounce, its not all about the height you jump from. It also has to do with how long your air time was before you hit the person. Just go practice and take notice of the damage notes on the left side of your screen.

Smallsasaurus
12 Jan 2009, 11:25pm
Wow, for as much as I have played L4D so far, I didn't know about the 25 dmg either. Looks like I have something new to practice.

Wraith
14 Jan 2009, 11:07pm
recent update stated that max damage has been increased on the hunter but i have yet to test it. If ya want some tips lets play sometime.

GrayFox
15 Jan 2009, 05:12am
How did they get to play on death toll and dead air?

Jaffa
15 Jan 2009, 05:35am
likely used their own server and uploaded the maps