PDA

View Full Version : EPIC COH pvp 4v4

Red
9 Jan 2009, 10:36pm
Me, Potshotpolka, AndreiD and Legalsmash vs 4 other Humans on N13, was fucking crazy awesome.

Here's the replay:
http://zombiemurder.gbogh.net/8p_route_n13.2009-01-09.22-59-11.rec

Save it to your C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\playback folder

PotshotPolka
9 Jan 2009, 10:40pm
Best fucking game ever.

AndreiD
9 Jan 2009, 10:47pm
MumbayDriveBy = Red Tampon
GazaSTRIPtease = AndreiD
DarfurianRealtor = Potshot
NigerianScamMan = Legal

LegalSmash
12 Jan 2009, 09:07am
This was a really great game, I think that in the end, it was the lack of real time communication between their players that really gave us a competitive edge. There were at least 3 occasions where their tank heavy assaults pushed us 1/4 of the way from where we had started from, and the knights cross infantry was a pain in the ass at minimum, and really dangerous with stolen bazookas towards the endgame.

For the first time ever, the tigers and king tigers did NOT have a great game shifting effect, but rather, our biggest problem seemed to stem from the saturation use of the panzers, regular old panzer 4 tanks, and the occasional panther. AT guns are not as useful as they could be here, and the Pershing Tank is nothing more than a big waste of req points and a slot of upgrade. AFAIAC, they should patch the game to allow selecting between pershings, and perhaps a set of three "chaffee" light armored Veciles, maybe some of the Grant and Lee Tanks from the Early part of the war, allowing the US armor commander to have more mobility and firepower early on... truth be told, it is the weakest,and least effective of US doctrines.

Arty was useful as usual, as were trenches, mortars are a godsend, esp right around the 5-10 min mark in the lower half of the map where the gang of VG's are running around trying to fight my guys off over the connector point.

All in all, great game... go flamers.

PotshotPolka
12 Jan 2009, 09:55am
Encore.

But yeah, if not for Red's constant punishment from above with arty we wouldn't of been able to hold off those tank hordes or nebbelweffer forces. I think actually that Panzer IVs are actually more effective on emplaced guns, infantry, and mobile AT than the larger Panthers and Tigers, and cheaper to boot. Paired up with those Officers speeding up production they were very effective.

AndreiD
12 Jan 2009, 04:08pm
Didn't the M3 Lee (also known as the General Grant or General Lee Tank) have a cannon that only moved up or down?
If I recall right, allies used to put tin cans and sandbags on them because their armor was so shitty compared to the German tanks...
I would so like to see some Eastern European tanks in this game, like the T-34 or the Kliment Voroshilov Tank. The only tank from that part of Europe you see in the game is the German Hertzer which actually is a Romanian designed tank called the Mareşal Tank Destroyer.

LegalSmash
12 Jan 2009, 04:15pm
Yea the lee was crappy, but I fig as a really early beginning tank for the armored corps it wouldnt be a bad start off.

AndreiD
12 Jan 2009, 05:27pm
The Matilda II was a good infantry tank, that could be a quite good. The game needs more variety..

PotshotPolka
13 Jan 2009, 10:27am
Didn't the British and Russians both have American tanks due to lend-lease programs?