PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef/Hell's Kitchen

Paladin
31 Aug 2007, 11:08pm
I was wondering if there was any other fans of the cooking competitions on Bravo? I'm talking about the shows Top Chef, or Hell's Kitchen. For those who don't know either, Top Chef is a classier show, meaning all the food is high class food. Each of the competitors is a sous chef somewhere at least, including some people who own there own restaurants, whereas Hell's Kitchen are amateur chefs who are just being thrust into the cooking world.

HankTheTank
1 Sep 2007, 12:13am
RAMSY, FUCK YEAH haha that guy is my idol!

mew
1 Sep 2007, 12:51am
This season's winner, Rock, is an executive chef and he won! and omg, that Aaron guy, keeps bloody fainting!! surprised he didnt crack his head open after fainting and hitting his head against that steel ledge..

Arc
1 Sep 2007, 12:53am
Awww, I though this thread about Hells Kitchen was a reference to the place in Deus Ex. :(

Red
1 Sep 2007, 04:46am
Yeah I love both those shows, I was so glad Rock won.

James
1 Sep 2007, 07:25am
Awww, I though this thread about Hells Kitchen was a reference to the place in Deus Ex. :(

Well actually, hells kitchen is in Manhattan, and also included in Deus Ex. Nice observation Arc! I used to play that game :P.

Paladin
1 Sep 2007, 09:59am
I played the game as well, just kinda forgot. I personally prefer Top Chef though, cept for this recent season since they just got rid of one of the more competent chefs (Tre Wilcox). I liked the first season a whole lot more.

HankTheTank
2 Sep 2007, 05:21pm
*gasp* (and yes only one gasp this time) i didnt know there was a game

VOLCOM
2 Sep 2007, 05:35pm
Hellskitchen ftw

Paladin
7 Sep 2007, 10:16pm
I'd have to say recent episode of Top Chef supports my "I like that show better." They were doing a quickfire with a budget of $10 and a specific isle in a supermarket, and Hung got put into the cereal section. So for the whole quickfire he was making this little kingdom with cereal and having a straight ball with it, while other people are going "Are you making a smurf village?" Or in Brian's case, "I don't know what he's smoking but I want soooome." When the judges came around to it, their first reaction was "What the fuck is that?" Also CJ confused salt with sugar in his cooking and told the judges that, and the guest judge responded with "I want him to eat it first."

Zargotelc
22 Sep 2007, 05:19am
Hell's Kitchen is good but Kitchen Nightmares is better , I was watching the original British version on BBC a few months back and you see more of Ramsey as a teacher and not the yelling , irate chef that is so often seen in the Hell's Kitchen television show.