PDA

View Full Version : snitches in jailbreak

i shot the sheriff
7 Jan 2009, 04:40pm
I've been having a big problem with people on my team snitching on me to the CT's when I'm playing on the T team on the two jailbreak servers.

they tell on me (and others) for having guns, and give away where I'm going when I run away, for example, to the vents or armory.

there have been many times that I could have escaped unnoticed by the CT's but then some dumbass tells on me and I get caught.

I know snitching is considered Team Killing, having read the rules thread on these forums, but it does not say that in the MOTD on the servers. so when I tell people to stop tking me, they say "what? how are we tking you?" and I explain that they are snitching and they say "well the MOTD doesn't say snitching is team killing."

so could someone please add to the TK rule on the MOTD's on the two jailbreak servers that snitching is also considered team killing. please and thank you.

Dracula
7 Jan 2009, 04:45pm
it isnt against the rules....

Xtrm
7 Jan 2009, 05:19pm
Snitches get stitches.

Truth.

Caution
7 Jan 2009, 06:39pm
Snitches get stitches.

Truth.

Lol in real life yeah, but this is CSS PB. :toung:

However Sheriff, this isn't TKing, so please don't tell people in game that it is. There are snitches in the prison that will try and be friendly with the guards by helping them out to gain their trust. I know this can be lame, but it is not against the rules.

Bubbles
7 Jan 2009, 06:43pm
personally, i mute the "snitches" tell them not to do it, its the same idea as giving a T a gun, ur making it harder for your own team to win, i do consider it team killing, and i do the same thing for both occasions, i move the player to the opposite team because obviously thats who their playing for

ct gives guns away, i move him to T tell him to stay there

t tells the ct's whats going on, i move them to ct tell them to stay there

tank40175
7 Jan 2009, 07:55pm
The problem is, that it is not against the rules for a CT to give a T a gun, as long as he don't kill him. This is RP, and there are corrupt guards, and tattle-tale prisoners. And neither is against the rules.

Bullet Wound
7 Jan 2009, 08:39pm
This problem is easily solved, turn on teamkill.

Example-
You *Kill a CT and take his gun*
Somedumbnewb: Gaurds , GAURDS THE GUY IS OVE....*Killed by you*
You: Where am i now?

See problem solved

trakaill
7 Jan 2009, 11:05pm
I have been told by a BD that it wasnt allowed before...

XeNo
8 Jan 2009, 12:06am
The amount of rules on PB is getting annoyingly long.

XeNo
8 Jan 2009, 12:06am

Edit:
Apparently double posted itself...Reminder to never use Quick reply again.

Chobber
8 Jan 2009, 01:18am

QFT! I've really stopped playing it .. at least with a 3/4 or completely full server...
I cant manage all the rules, imo..

Bubbles
8 Jan 2009, 03:14am
i can manage the rules

then again

i am teh leetness

Mammal
8 Jan 2009, 10:36am
To be honest they snitch because they want a last request. They try to get teammates killed so they can be the last and get a knife fight, a gun toss or shot for shot.
To be honest stopping last request would be the best way to solve most of the problems. Before we had it the server was amazing and now its just boring...
As CT if a T is doing S4S or a LR and breaks any rules I have set I will still kill them. As soon as they fire in S4S, if they knife the CT in a knife fight, or if they run into first cell when going to armory they are rebels on my books. Last request or not.

Justice...
8 Jan 2009, 11:24am
i just say "Stop teamkilling (telling where your teammates are/have a gun etc.) if they continue i mute them untill next round, is that allowed?

edit: btw Mammal you dont have to give them lr

Henrik
8 Jan 2009, 12:17pm
well i dont think it should be a rule but your stupid if you snitch to get lr

i agree you shouldn't snitch

Metal
8 Jan 2009, 12:59pm
best thing to do is plant a Gun on your T friend.

Omar
8 Jan 2009, 01:38pm
Don't you guys understand? this is like real life prison :D, snitches should get previligies (big golden chain saying "SNITCH" just like in simpsons :P)

Harpr33t
8 Jan 2009, 01:52pm
The problem is, that it is not against the rules for a CT to give a T a gun, as long as he don't kill him. This is RP, and there are corrupt guards, and tattle-tale prisoners. And neither is against the rules.

Actually it is, u can ask Suri if u like.

Crimson
8 Jan 2009, 02:06pm
Admins shouldn't be slaying/muting/Kicking for this, this is a Roleplaying mod.

Justice...
8 Jan 2009, 04:06pm

i kinda disagree, a cop either gives a prisoner a gun because he is corrupted, or another cop is corrupted and the prisoner got to defend themselves (first 1 most likely).

So if someone is corrupt, someone gotta take care of it, and thats us.

You said it yourself, its Roleplaying

XeNo
8 Jan 2009, 11:09pm
Uhhh, thank god Last Request isn't something you have to follow?

I played PB again today and people keep trying to get Last Request and whine when they don't.

Last Request isn't something the CT's/T's have to follow. If they don't want to, then they don't have to.

Though, if a CT and a T are doing a last request, the other CT's can't kill them for it, unless the last request is like 'give me a m4' or something where he tries to kill everyone. Mainly because Last Request is kind of an guards' order if they both agree.

tank40175
9 Jan 2009, 05:45am
Actually Harpr33t, it's not agianst rules. Here: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12992

And there is another, I'll look for it.

Mammal
9 Jan 2009, 09:39am
edit: btw Mammal you dont have to give them lr

But you can't freekill them if you don't, so i'd rather they did something wrong thinking it was a LR =p
I'm very particular about my wording aswell :toung:

i shot the sheriff
9 Jan 2009, 11:24am

if this was a true roleplaying mod, then T's (and CT's) would be able to kill people on their own team. but you can't, because friendly fire is off to stop team killing. if you want a true roleplaying mod, then friendly fire has to be on. it would be more like a real prison, but then you would have teamkillers galore and jailbreak wouldn't be any fun anymore.

I think there needs to be rules for jailbreak to be fair and fun. I don't want a complete roleplaying mod, and I think snitching should be considered TKing.

Zealot
4 Feb 2009, 11:51am
It's a bad tactic, cause t's will hate you. But on the upside ct's will love you.

I only snitch on people as a joke (aka they dont have guns/aren't rebelling) or if I'm in a jackass mood.

Ghosting on the other hand is another topic. It's really gay, really really gay.

Toxin
4 Feb 2009, 04:26pm
;147592']It's a bad tactic, cause t's will hate you. But on the upside ct's will love you.

I only snitch on people as a joke (aka they dont have guns/aren't rebelling) or if I'm in a jackass mood.

Ghosting on the other hand is another topic. It's really gay, really really gay.

Nice bump :P

If you are snitching, you are automatically ghosting, lol.

Lux
4 Feb 2009, 05:18pm
I agree that snitching is bad but, in the spirit of roleplay it can be ok.

For example, a CT will give a T access to somewhere "special" for snitching, it happens in real life I'm guessing........

On the other hand, Ts doing it just out of spite should be punished, its unsporting.

Zealot
5 Feb 2009, 06:02pm
Nice bump :P

If you are snitching, you are automatically ghosting, lol.

Lol well I assumed he meant snitching in game. Ghosting is like being dead/in spec no?

SpEeD
6 Feb 2009, 07:42pm
snitches give me the itches, how do they get the riches when they be actin' like bitches!

DAAAAAMn

andre1028
7 Feb 2009, 05:50am
snitches give me the itches, how do they get the riches when they be actin' like bitches!

DAAAAAMn

Nowadays, Sammy the Bull's, got the game full
So he moved to a rural area to keep cool
They snitchin on the snitch now, it's nothing to tell
Nowadays your circle should be small as hell
Ain't tryin to meet new faces, this don't interest me
Even if we bubble slow, we get it eventually
No penitentiary, though we know clemecy
You will meet the lord snitchin, given us a century
These cats is rats now, the streets need decon
Thats how they react now, weak, when the heat's on them
Stop snitchen, you asked for the life you live in
This act is not permitted, no where on the map
It is forbidden to send a bitch to prison
If you've been in it along with 'em
And then snitch and become hidden
No X and O's, tex calicos
Aimed at your chest asshole.

Ibbz
7 Feb 2009, 06:56am
heres a rule from the projects snitches get stiches and die how about that ???

Justice...
7 Feb 2009, 10:24am
heres a rule from the projects snitches get stiches and die how about that ???

wtf?

CandleJack
7 Feb 2009, 04:26pm
justice it means that snitches get beat down or killed, its slang used in the ghettos of cities

anyways people snitch only if there r many ts in one small room and one has a gun so they say the name so that person is told to drop it.

Mammal
8 Feb 2009, 08:21am
justice it means that snitches get beat down or killed, its slang used in the ghettos of cities

anyways people snitch only if there r many ts in one small room and one has a gun so they say the name so that person is told to drop it.

Not true at all.
Some will say oh look hes gone down vents or, what are you doing in first cell and look out behind you ct. Things like that.

The General
8 Feb 2009, 10:49pm
I hate the snitchers. usually they are the 5 year olds crying because they never got the gun first.
and as far as teh ct's that give guns to t's I kill the ct that gives me a gun right away to teach him a lesson.

The General
8 Feb 2009, 11:06pm
please ban that fool Renegadeoffrunk

CandleJack
9 Feb 2009, 06:09am
Not true at all.
Some will say oh look hes gone down vents or, what are you doing in first cell and look out behind you ct. Things like that.

yea i know and general is right usually they r like 5 years old or just really immature:sleep:

Metal
9 Feb 2009, 03:01pm
who cares if people snitches, protect you balls.
And let others die.

Well what i would do is shoot someone and give the gun to a friend T, and let him die XD

SpEeD
10 Feb 2009, 04:50am
who cares if people snitches, protect you balls.
And let others die.

Well what i would do is shoot someone and give the gun to a friend T, and let him die XD

sooooo.... pretty much you teamkill? nice.

Metal
10 Feb 2009, 05:15am
Why not? its not a real tk, if there was a trap and you killed them than yes.
but its all good if you dont die

CandleJack
10 Feb 2009, 04:42pm
survival of the fittest man

ReneGade
14 Feb 2009, 04:54pm
I for one do not want to be accidentally shot in the face because someone is rebeling and not doing it in a smart way. If 5 of us are standing out in the middle of the room and 1 has a gun and is about to start opening fire should I really expect that he has a better chance to make the team win when 2 or 3 of us who haven't seen a smart opportunity will likely end up shot/dead as well?