PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4

StrykerSwat
3 Jan 2009, 07:04pm
Well this game has been out since a few months ago(i think June or October)
But i managed to rent it after i bought my PS3(on tuesday)
beat it in 3 days just in time for me to think about my review since now.

Well anyway,since this is the last Mission of Snake I will try to not give out spoilers for people who want to play or have not yet passed this game.

I would tell u my likes and dislikes about this game.

Now here is my review of Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots

Story:
You play as Snake,a US Military Veteran,no you don't play has Raiden or Big Boss(Naked Snake).
As you all know that Ocelot is Liquid Ocelot, and of course this is Snake's last mission.
But you are trying to stop Liquid, from him trying to be more powerful than the Patriots although later on the game you will find out in this game what and why he is trying to do with his PMC's(Liquid's Army)

As Snake,you aren't like you used to look like, you are old,but MGS4 is 9 years after Shadow Moses Island incident(MGS1).
And some how Solid Snake,well in another words to put it,Old Snake,is aging rapidly,not like the human body does,and like i said about Liquid's plot,you will learn more about why his aging when from Young too Old.

Gameplay:
Well the game play is simple,Left Analog Stick you move,and Right Analog Stick you move your camera(press Right Analog Stick and your camera will be fix)
This is a good way for us players or people that had a complaint about the cameras of how we couldn't see one way,or sometimes a building is blocking us,well now you can move it on your own prefer view.

The gameplay is really good, you get guns, you can buy them off from a store and more things.
It is really enjoyable to play as Snake for Hideo Kojima's Last game of the MG/MGS4 series.

Characters and Bosses:
Well as you know some character which i will mention that were in the trailers and like that but anyway the characters for these games are

Snake(Playable Character)
Raiden
Liquid
Naomi
Otacon
Colonel
Drebin
Meryl
and more...

Bosses
Laughing Octopus
Raging Raven
Crying Wolf
Screaming Mantis

Well anyway,i wanted to get this review out fast as possible.

I will add more stuff later on after i finish it the second time.

Well i give this a game a 10/10
Great Game to play,and nice story.

Frostbyte
3 Jan 2009, 07:22pm
Nice, nice. I wish I had a PS3 to play this. It figures, the one game Raiden is badass in, you cant play as him. Go figure.

Huwajux
4 Jan 2009, 06:23am
Hmm, not so much a review. You've basically given us a lot of information about the game as a very brief introduction.

JoniX
4 Jan 2009, 06:01pm
Some guy had some kind of "marathon" he played Mgs 1, 2, 3 and 4 without sleep. (btw He fell asleep at mgs 4 and his friend continued)

Th3-Sn4k3
20 Feb 2009, 02:38pm
I have this game and i can say one thing: ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES ON THE PS3
Lots of things in mgs4 = win. LIKE....

The cutscenes (realistic, ability to zoom in and to see some flashbacks by pressing X)
The gameplay (Genius!!!! To many reasons!!!!)
The graphics one of the best graphics on PS3
Multiplayer (try it yourself) Download the multiplayer demo on PS3!
This game managed to make mah CRY!!! T___T

LegalSmash
20 Feb 2009, 03:54pm
I own this, I beat this, here's what I think:

The idea is great, but honestly, it is just a prettied up version of sons of liberty which tries way too hard to tie off every loose end. The storyline is honestly laughable, as is the pace of the game, there is no way to get past the 49 minute long cut scenes, or avoid the talking sections the first time. Its not that I don't like the story, but hideo kojima really went apeshit talking about antinuke and antiwar crap... its retarded after a while and WAY too TLDR. The graphics are great, and the multiplayer is entertaining but in dire need of polish to be honest. I think that the MGS series peaked at the last game, snakeeater, and they should have kept a lot more of the features in that game that made it great. Snake really just has too much going for him in this game, and the bosses are laughable, tbh.

Wrathek
20 Feb 2009, 03:57pm
I have this game and i can say one thing: ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES ON THE PS3
Lots of things in mgs4 = win. LIKE....

The cutscenes (realistic, ability to zoom in and to see some flashbacks by pressing X)
The gameplay (Genius!!!! To many reasons!!!!)
The graphics one of the best graphics on PS3
Multiplayer (don't try it yourself) Download the multiplayer demo on PS3 so you can delete it!
This game managed to make mah CRY!!! T___T

fix'd

the multiplayer sucks, seriously.

Italian Jew
20 Feb 2009, 04:45pm
I stopped playing (at least fully anyway) after the 2nd one. The story was way too fucking weird at that point for me and Raidan was a whiny little bitch. I have played a bit of 3 and four, but only little parts at someone's house.

I read up on what was in those games because I wanted to know where it was going, and I don't really think I could stomach hours upon hours of cutscenes for what I could read in a few minutes. Hideo Kojima needs to chill the fuck out when it comes to story telling because everything turns ridiculous after a certain point.

I can still find enjoyment out of playing the first one again and again, but that's about it.

Th3-Sn4k3
21 Feb 2009, 02:59am
fix'd

the multiplayer sucks, seriously.

The anoying things are: the lag ingame(multiplayer), the spawn killing ^____^(multiplayer).
AND CHAPTER 3!!!!!!!!!!!(singleplayer)

LegalSmash
21 Feb 2009, 08:06am
The anoying things are: the lag ingame(multiplayer), the spawn killing ^____^(multiplayer).
AND CHAPTER 3!!!!!!!!!!!(singleplayer)

Are you a cokehead cheerleader?

PotshotPolka
21 Feb 2009, 10:15am
I think they're called Dutch...

This, Resistance, and Killzone 2 make me wish the consoles would atleast be neutral enough to release shit on PC.

Italian Jew
21 Feb 2009, 10:51am

This, Resistance, and Killzone 2 make me wish the consoles would atleast be neutral enough to release shit on PC.

Then they wouldn't make any money because nobody would buy the console.

Mammal
21 Feb 2009, 12:41pm
I can still find enjoyment out of playing the first one again and again, but that's about it.

I loved the first one so much. Id just crawl around in my box XD

LinkNEO
23 Feb 2009, 06:45am
METAL GEAR!

Th3-Sn4k3
23 Feb 2009, 04:47pm

Btw i am not some kind of console fanboy or something near that I just like:flypig: MGS4!!!

and Whats wrong with the Dutch :amuse: we are just humans!!! Like YOU:wave: and MAH:sad2: And maybe sometimes we will reunite!!! :laugh: JK

Conclusion: Dont::oh:: + :sad2: =:sad2::sad2:
Do this: :oh: + :laugh: = :laugh::laugh:

Creeping Death
2 Mar 2009, 04:14pm
100% always love metal gear u can tell by my avatar lol