PDA

View Full Version : PB Rules again

Justice...
2 Jan 2009, 04:26pm
Ok, got 2 questions regarding PB :P sorry

1. can admins swap people from CT to T if they feel they cant be a CT. In like, new people, let them get to know the game, or if anyone is just a complete noob. I think it would be less freekills

2. lately ive seen people plant primary weapons on afk's. Its not cool, but are we allowed to kill them? I mean, it would be kinda stupid if they came back and killed alot of people, just because we couldnt kill them since they were afk...

also for AOs: when people make a player complaint, and it goes trough, maybe u should give them + rep? Sure its a small thing, but the ones who complaint might get happier, and encourage them to continue to make player complaint.

Chef
2 Jan 2009, 04:38pm
CT'S SHOULDNT GIVE T'S GUNS.
SHOULD BE A RULE.

NOW ALLOWING THEM TO KILL YOU, HENCE GETTING YOUR GUNS, SHOULD BE ALLOWED.

THAT WAY WE KNOW WHO REBELS.

BUT DROPPING INTO THIER HANDS SHOULD BE BANNABLE

Justice...
2 Jan 2009, 04:41pm
SHOULD BE A RULE.

yea i agree. Giving Ts guns should be bannable, even if they shoot them or not. I count it as teamkill

DoubleSb
2 Jan 2009, 04:56pm
SHOULD BE A RULE.

Agreed, however back to Justice's post, planting on an afk?
Should we be able to kill them, because should they come back from afk they can be deadly.

New rule please?

Axel
2 Jan 2009, 05:33pm
SHOULD BE A RULE.

Why should it
It makes the game more interesting than people keep being sent to a gay big cage
It gives them the chance to rebel
Instead of sitting for 5 minutes doing sod all...

This SHOULD NOT be allowed
It is baiting and gives a ct a reason to kill them
Hardly fair
It's like annoying CT's who ALWAYS hold grenades and go into the big cage and blow everyone up...
VERY annoying and is freenading...

Justice...
2 Jan 2009, 05:44pm
Why should it
It makes the game more interesting than people keep being sent to a gay big cage

Hardly fair
It's like annoying CT's who ALWAYS hold grenades and go into the big cage and blow everyone up...

yer but as you say, PB is RP, so irl, a cop giving a prisoner a gun is corrupt, and needs to be taken care of. Ban = jail sentence =)

Dracula
2 Jan 2009, 06:11pm
Ok, got 2 questions regarding PB :P sorry

1. can admins swap people from CT to T if they feel they cant be a CT. In like, new people, let them get to know the game, or if anyone is just a complete noob. I think it would be less freekills

2. lately ive seen people plant primary weapons on afk's. Its not cool, but are we allowed to kill them? I mean, it would be kinda stupid if they came back and killed alot of people, just because we couldnt kill them since they were afk...

also for AOs: when people make a player complaint, and it goes trough, maybe u should give them + rep? Sure its a small thing, but the ones who complaint might get happier, and encourage them to continue to make player complaint.

1. I dont see any problem and it makes a LOT of sense.

2.This is a hard one id shoot em if I dont trust the player.

CandleJack
2 Jan 2009, 09:00pm
u should be able to swap them if they are not fir enough to be ct, even though they may whine about it. but planting and killing afks that would be under freekilling afks should be left for last

mNote
2 Jan 2009, 09:18pm

I'd just leave them alone and let the players yell at him/her if he/she doesn't understand the game. If he/she starts to free-kill, then drop them a couple of warnings letting them know clearly that it's punishable by ban.

I think it's easy to identify a person whose true intent is to free-kill versus a person who just joined for the first time and not understand how to play.

My view on AFK players is different from everyone else. I kill AFKs as if they were escaping terrorists without question.

My reason for thinking so is because I literally spec'd an AFK for a whole round until he was the last one alive. Then I see him type in "Do I get last request?".

That pissed me off to no-bounds.

AFKs to me will be KILLED-ON-SIGHT.

Justice...
2 Jan 2009, 09:32pm
My view on AFK players is different from everyone else. I kill AFKs as if they were escaping terrorists without question.

My reason for thinking so is because I literally spec'd an AFK for a whole round until he was the last one alive. Then I see him type in "Do I get last request?".

That pissed me off to no-bounds.

AFKs to me will be KILLED-ON-SIGHT.

well i kinda agree on that aswell. But as i understand, you cant kill AFKs unless they hold up the game. If it was up to me, id kill them for disobeying order, but if they dont have a gun, they are not really an issue either. So, rule should be: Kill afk, or kill afk when they have primary weapon, or maybe if they have a gun too. Can do severe damage with that

mNote
2 Jan 2009, 09:50pm
well i kinda agree on that aswell. But as i understand, you cant kill AFKs unless they hold up the game. If it was up to me, id kill them for disobeying order, but if they dont have a gun, they are not really an issue either. So, rule should be: Kill afk, or kill afk when they have primary weapon, or maybe if they have a gun too. Can do severe damage with that

I think killing AFKs are still up for debates.

You have players who purposely sit out for last request and people who pretend to be AFK to cleverly take advantage of the game rules.

Then you have admins and players with sand in their vagina when you kill them for being AFK and they use the excuse: "I was AFK for just 5-60 seconds."

Dracula
2 Jan 2009, 09:50pm

You are wrong there because there IS NO RULE saying you cant kill afks.

CandleJack
2 Jan 2009, 11:02pm
in my eyes we should have a rule against killing afks i hate whenever i go to the bathroom or go make some lunch i come back not minute or 2 after and see i am dead!

Bubbles
2 Jan 2009, 11:11pm
as suri said, afk players are delt with by the admin currently ingame, that being said, i just say fuckit and kill them...

CandleJack
2 Jan 2009, 11:13pm
yea bubbles i have caught my self doing that to. But i hate when they get back and go WTF WHY U KILL ME and U FUCKING NUB I WAS GONE 2 SECONDS! then the votebans start flying! it happans so much i can hardly believe it! :rant:

Bubbles
2 Jan 2009, 11:29pm
lol, well if ur with an admin who's taking the same approach as me, then there ya go

CandleJack
2 Jan 2009, 11:31pm
problem is usually no admins r i nthe server so i get called a freekiller whenever i do it ad when i say he was afk, if they have friends in there theyll go your lieing u faggot and then IT begins. :rant: but anyways bubble maybe we should have an auto slay for whoever is not of the cells in 60 secs? solves the kill the afk problem :clap:

Doctordan
2 Jan 2009, 11:37pm
no this would deafeat the use of cells for terorist with guns i say if the havent moved by 3:00 on the time then fair game

mNote
3 Jan 2009, 12:11am
in my eyes we should have a rule against killing afks i hate whenever i go to the bathroom or go make some lunch i come back not minute or 2 after and see i am dead!

No. If you are AFK, you forfeit the whole round if you are killed.

We're not going to waste our time waiting for you to fix your shit.

Caution
3 Jan 2009, 01:28am
Well, this is just me. If somebody is AFK, I will tell the CT's to not kill them, all they have to do is close the cells (really not that hard). If they end up being AFK for the majority of the round, then I will just move them into spec.

I talked with Suri about this, and he said there is no rule about killing them or not killing them, but upon the admins discretion.

Bubbles
3 Jan 2009, 03:20am
therefore, when im ingame, kill the fuckers.

and if we were to do it cautions way, then when they do come back from AFK i'd be the first to tell them tough luck, enjoy your cell

trakaill
3 Jan 2009, 07:05am
JUST REBEL NO ONE CARES!!!!

tank40175
3 Jan 2009, 08:58am
I used to wait till end of round for afk's, but have seen the ones who are just waiting for lr. So recently, have been letting CT's kill afk T, for that reason. If you are going to let them live then close the cells like caution says.

Caution
3 Jan 2009, 01:16pm
It's really not that big of a deal. Close the cells until they return, then open them when they get back. There's no need to kill somebody because they're gone 30 seconds to take a piss. Get your kills somewhere else.

As for the people doing it just to get a LR, they will be moved into spec or kicked after doing that a few times.

Harpr33t
8 Jan 2009, 04:22pm
Why should it

Hardly fair
Just b/c u enjoy giving guns to adena just so she can kill some cts should not be allowed.

Doctordan
8 Jan 2009, 09:35pm
well my question is what about when thereis no admin on what then how do we deal with afk there are just as large of a problems there need to be a decision because there will be disputes like this allways
and i would like the rules behind me when i play not confusion for all pb regs
the most freekilling comes from lack of understanding of the mod this all comes back to having some way of displaying the rules game becausr\e if it not in motd no one will follow it there not going to take time to search our fourms for an awnser
Apathy kills make a decion right or wrong at least we have somthing to follow