PDA

View Full Version : People Talking in Other Language

TopCat
31 Dec 2008, 08:23am
I'm not being racist, but there's been a lot of weirdos that keep talking in other languages. Isn't this against the rules?!

Red
31 Dec 2008, 09:08am
No

GrayFox
31 Dec 2008, 09:18am
I'm not being racist, but there's been a lot of weirdos that keep talking in other languages. Isn't this against the rules?!

I'd say thats being racist, or whatever the term may be for people speaking their own language.

Itch
31 Dec 2008, 09:21am
I don't see why it would be a problem... ?

As long as they aren't mic spamming who cares what language they speak.

trakaill
31 Dec 2008, 09:52am
people having a conversation over the mic in a different language is more ennoying than someone speaking english (nonsense babel is annoying over the mic) .. If someone speaks a lot in a different language which often feels like its not concerning game play I ask them to take it over chat cause its annoying most players I think..I usually dont take any admin actions as far as punishment unless maybe muting if it goes out of hand..
If its just a word here and there I let it go..

Chef
31 Dec 2008, 10:10am
hmm...always seen people(admins) tell people to keep it to english on servers.

It eliminates any chance of disrespect towards admins or players in a language you cant understand.
and its rather annoying, especially when its just 1 player who speaks and he expects us to understand....

I think it should be a courtesy to type or use steams voice chat.

Svendy
31 Dec 2008, 10:21am
search buttom ftw: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10142
asked and discussed before.

Danny G
31 Dec 2008, 02:18pm
I agree, as long as the other language-speakers don't spam or anything it is ok, even though I find it a bit annoying sometimes, I cannot blame them for it.

LVG
31 Dec 2008, 02:28pm

Once again another stupid post, how is it weird that people can speak other languages? i consider you a weirdo because some of your ridiculous posts, If there's 2 players who are constantly talking and spamming i will tell them to stop and if not mute them. But no it's not against the rules to TALK ANOTHER LANGUAGE.

Tcp-Kill
31 Dec 2008, 02:50pm
You're allowed.
But, it's up to the admin if they want to mute them.
No bans should ever be issued for this.

XeNo
31 Dec 2008, 03:15pm
You're allowed.
But, it's up to the admin if they want to mute them.
No bans should ever be issued for this.
Unless you know what they're saying and it's being highly disrespectful...

Some time before Christmas there was two spanish guys saying they hoped all the admins of our servers got a pile of shit for Christmas cause our servers were shit and they want to fuck our mothers for having the shitty server.

Just saying, as example.

Lux
1 Jan 2009, 01:06pm
They could be saying something bad.
Most people can speak English.
Its probably annoying to other people in the server, hearing noises they don't understand.
Its an English speaking community, they're probably loads of servers based on their language.

So basically....I think they should be able to speak another language only if it is without any ill meaning, and only if people don't complain. If normal English speaking members don't like it either, they shouldn't be allowed.

Its not racist, but in order for the server to be fun for everyone, English has been chosen as the language, so people should speak it.