PDA

View Full Version : [Added] zm_ATIX_panic_b3

Daze
29 Dec 2008, 03:20pm
It says to make a thread if you want the map back.

Venomous, I'm addressing this to you as your the AO in charge of Zombie Escape. You made a thread asking everyone what they're opinions were on roughly 10 maps. I'm just curious as to why you didn't listen to the opinions of the countless regulars who told you to keep the map?

I count 1 non support for this map.

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - I will personally chase you down and beat you with a tent peg if you get rid of this map! always a good laugh at the end

Remove all of them except ATIX_PANIC. It's very balanced in my opinion and brings in new tactics to the ZM Escape.

I mean seriously, who doesn't like barricades and escape mixed together?

Keep:

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - Map is not really an escape map, basically it starts off one sided for humans, and ends up one sided for zombies

KEEP
atx panic - great map

Keep

Panic - good map

atix_panic is one of the more popular maps on the server, i'd say it would be a mistake to remove it and leave maps such as malvinas, wasteland, canal and dust

NOOOOOOOOOO DONT REMOVE PANIC

Keep

zm_ATIX_panic_b3 - great map that combines napalm and escape nicely.

i support ze_echo_boatescape_extended and zm_ATIX_panic_b3 they good maps to play and all the others should be remove.

Nuff said.

Xtrm
29 Dec 2008, 03:48pm
I support bringing the map back. It was a great map.

andre1028
29 Dec 2008, 04:05pm
You forgot my post noob.

Daze
29 Dec 2008, 04:09pm
You forgot my post noob.

My bad, added.

andre1028
29 Dec 2008, 04:13pm
My bad, added.

:P Yeah, I really don't want atix_panic removed. It's epicness equals to the classic zm_lila_panic on the red crate :P

Henrik
29 Dec 2008, 04:19pm
bring it back atix_panic is a good map

*Queen VenomousFate*
29 Dec 2008, 05:15pm
i appologize. this map originally made my list because it is not really an escape map, and because i was made aware of a glitch on the map.

However, after hearing feedback i decided to put this map back on, and i thought i did, but once i had it on i accidently erased it, when i was trying to get rid of jet escape, which coincidentally did not get removed.

i realized that i had made a mistake a few hours ago, but as i am sure you have noticed, the servers have been down, so i cannot fix my error until they come back up.

Map will be re-added when servers work again :)

Edit: which is not right now, since my password doesn't work anymore :(

Thomas(norway)
29 Dec 2008, 05:52pm
plz put atix panic back, it was my favouritte map....

andre1028
29 Dec 2008, 06:08pm
one word.

W00T

Jaffa
30 Dec 2008, 11:06am
in respect to the glitch, maybe we should contact atix about editing it out?

Daze
30 Dec 2008, 11:44am
in respect to the glitch, maybe we should contact atix about editing it out?

We should, but maybe he likes it like that?

He regularly vacates the forums so he might see this thread..

Phoenix
30 Dec 2008, 05:54pm
tbh the glitch isn't really an issue, 9 times out of 10 only 1 person gets up anyway so he can't get over the wall, and i have only ever seen the zombie get over the top twice, and that was when i was zombie :toung:

Jaffa
30 Dec 2008, 06:09pm
well the map is still a beta version, so i guess changes are still possible to it

XeNo
1 Jan 2009, 03:05am
When boosting to the top there is no real glitch about it.

Only thing you can do there is either:
A. Help other people blow out the cade-doors so they get like 6 seconds shaved off their time going out.

B. Already be to the top with maybe 3 other guys with you.

Either way they don't really have an unfair advantage. Sure, they can't get tagged since they don't have to barricade anything, but they still end up in the same position the rest of the humans are.

ATIX
2 Jan 2009, 01:39am
Hay guyz wats teh talk all about? -LOLZ

I'm unaware of the new glitches, you guys gotta show me but I wont be working on this map as it was only a concept test for my upcoming mall map :O which will use the same gameplay.. I think i might pass over this map file to ggodd as he wanted to edit it and fix it

exclusive WIP to you guys:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/765/atixmalltest0001yc9.th.jpg (http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/765/atixmalltest0001yc9.jpg)http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9449/atixmalltest0000ok9.th.jpg (http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9449/atixmalltest0000ok9.jpg)http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6427/atixmalltest0002jn2.th.jpg (http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6427/atixmalltest0002jn2.jpg)

Jaffa
2 Jan 2009, 05:34am
New map looks sweet :)

The 'glitch' on Panic we were referring to is on one of the uppermost cading areas, where there is a single drinks machine and two crawl spaces to reach it (on top of each other). Players have found that at the entrance to these spaces they can climb on the fence and boost players up on top of the cading area, where they can further be boosted over another fence and into the middle, where the last defence point is and the heli picks the players up.

Daze
2 Jan 2009, 05:45am
I eagerly await that new map, looks awesome!!!

TofuShop
2 Jan 2009, 05:59am
ATIX, the map looks beautiful and quite promising.

New map looks sweet :)

The 'glitch' on Panic we were referring to is on one of the uppermost cading areas, where there is a single drinks machine and two crawl spaces to reach it (on top of each other). Players have found that at the entrance to these spaces they can climb on the fence and boost players up on top of the cading area, where they can further be boosted over another fence and into the middle, where the last defence point is and the heli picks the players up.

Jaffa, that is ridiculous.

I have been playing Escape for quite some time and have been to Panic quite a bit as well. You aren't talking about a glitch Jaffa, what you are talking about it poor player cooperation and just plain old bad playing.

When I first came across ATIX Panic and that particular area, CT's use to work together. Setting aside the 1/30 zombies that may make it up there by accident, CT's won everytime because of this. Now, everytime I play ATIX Panic, whether or not 1 CT or 39 make it to the top of the map, Humans barely get anything over 2 wins. I have to admit, I think this is roughly my doing since I am just that badass, but face it, if people don't work together, anything can become a problem and humans rarely win.

This map, while not a traditional escape relies primarily on group cooperation and a team effort unlike the others. That is the main reason why people don't like it, can't get it, or simply can't win. If that is the wrench messing up gameplay, you won't be happy when we finally "fix" the problem.

Jaffa
2 Jan 2009, 06:10am
notice i put glitch in inverted commas to show it wasn't my opinion but others :P

TofuShop
2 Jan 2009, 06:42am
notice i put glitch in inverted commas to show it wasn't my opinion but others :P

It was actually just a general statement, i read all of the other posts as well. The same logic behind this "glitch" is just generally ridiculous.

Jazz
2 Jan 2009, 08:44am
Well, it was laggy when i played it :ohwell:

Daze
19 Jan 2009, 12:53pm
Hey Venomous, I'm going to bump this as it seems you've completely forgotten to re-upload.