PDA

View Full Version : Game Play In Prison Break

Falcon066
28 Dec 2008, 10:47am
This isn't so much a question on the rules, but perhaps more of a general comment on the game play of Prison Break.

It seems like some maps CTs pick an "easy" way of playing the map that often leads to a lot of freekills and boring game play. Take a map like Electric, "Go to the big cell"...okay, that's fine if they want to get the T's organized while they setup or something like that, but to play the whole map in the big cage?

Where's the fun leaving all the Terrorists in the big cage for a full 4 minutes waiting for them to get bored and do something that will not only get themselves killed but get a lot of freeshooting / freekills.

If there's enough CTs they should be able to control that map and allow a certain level of roaming and not have the T's all in one small area with 7 guys getting bored ready to shoot for no reason.

Mammal
28 Dec 2008, 10:57am
I'm not quite sure of the response you are looking for so I will say this, when I have played maps, such as Electric where indeed this does happen, I try to encourage more open game play, either by sacrificing myself by charging the CTs, to encite my teammates to do the same, or by allowing 'oppurtunities' for the terrorists to escape or gain weaponry (inside the rules ofcourse).

Try it can help the game alot sometimes, but other times the gameplay remains boring, but we have two prison break servers.

tank40175
28 Dec 2008, 11:30am
I have to say, when CT's do "restrict" the map, it makes for a boring round. There are no rules that apply to this, so they are able to do it. Every round there are CT objectives put up, but noone follows these, and don't have to. But like Mammal, not sure what you're looking for here. As far as the general statement I agree, it does lead to massive freekills, and really boring. They put everyone in small area so as soon as 1 person does something they spray and kill half T's. Crossfire is thier defence, and it's a valid one most the time. My suggestion is rebel, and take controll before they get all in cage. If a couple CT's die b4 T's in cage, they retreat to the spray line and yell "Noone Cross!!". Once that happens T's win.

Falcon066
28 Dec 2008, 01:50pm
Well, I just played a little and basically it came down to CTs keeping prisoners in cell for a minute and 30 seconds, they basically get a defense around the big cage, awps, across the way, people on top of the cage, and then the go to big cage. A rebellion pretty much would have been pointless, even though the stupid cts ended up killing almost all the t's over some inane rules.

Now, I realize a rule can't be made for it, but I'd like to see the SG regulars and Admins at least encouraging a certain amount of roaming if they're on the server and happen to be CTs. The "boring" play usually ends up clearing out a full server in a matter of a few rounds.

Mammal
28 Dec 2008, 02:06pm
Well I was playing today on electric and I have a few ideas for players to use to stop this happening, or getting out of the habit once it starts.

1) Get organised, get people asking to go to the infirmary, talk over them, make them type and when they type take your oppurtunity to attack, or wait for a reload or someone to get a nade or pistol out, once theres a gun in the cage not much can stop the T from winning.

2) Use the pistol well, you only have one shot at it, so make sure you wait for the right moment and then boom, kill a ct, make sure you can get the gun or get covered by the other Ts so you can't be killed (assuming they don't freekill).

3) Stay in cells. If everyone stays in their cells, the CT will mabye kill one or two, but if nobody backs down then they will give in. Try ambushing a CT as he walks into a cell to check in, then pick off others from inside the cell.

4) Blatantly disobey rules, it may get you shot, in which case you can request to go heal and get a chance to find a weapon or stab a CT, and it may encourage other Ts to help, or distract CT while a T can escape.

5) Put up with it, don't moan about being locked in a cage, just suggest being allowed to pool, or ask if you can go to solitary, then make a run into the first cell to the armory. It's easier to win if the CT are laid back and not expecting you to attack or run, keep them talking and busy.

6) Get a CT to help, its not against the rules in the MOTD to give away a gun, just to plant, its not against the rules to let T escape through the vent or run for the armory. So it can be a good way to break this tactic by getting help.

Try some of these and you are sure to win =]

h3adsh0t
28 Dec 2008, 04:22pm
I Sorta agree here but then again i dont i agree its boring but cts have too have gun checks and sorts but when done with that maybe free and can get out of cage

Also Tho i dont know but like every round it used too i dont know if it still comes up but a box would come up at the begginig of the round and say keep T's under control

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
28 Dec 2008, 09:38pm
pfft!! ppl who "Blatantly disobey rules" will be shot, and not allowed to heal. As for talking over cts, i will still shoot ppl for breaking the rules w/o typing, just because the ts wont shut up.
Now for an actual answer to all this, the cts should be moving the ts around the whole match. Once i know all the ts are in one spot, i give them a new order and lead them to the next spot.

:rant: CTS IF YOU MOVE THE TS AROUND THE ROUND WILL END FASTER!!!!!!!:rant:

They will have more chances to try to escape/backstab ect, while you the cts, will have more chances to kill the ts for breaking your rules, therby leading to shorter or at the very least, less boring rounds.

try to make sure electric rounds go somthing like this
start out in the cage, then send em to pool, then send em to the garage, and finish out the round, with them in the cafeteria.

also jail electric SUCKS MY BALLS, and that is why we have so many problems with this shitty map.
its easy for the ts to be super fucking lazy cause the map is set up like a firing range. and you could order them around the entire map with just a few cts on the roofs.