PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 -Full Review-

Resistance
27 Dec 2008, 03:23am
Now I know someone has already made a short-review. But it's kind of a bull-shit review to my eyes. Doesn't tell you the full cover of the story and gameplay. That's why i'm here.

I've done video reviews, but never done a review in a forums before, so let's get going.

Fall Out 3-

Story-

You were borned and raised as a boy or a girl, in Vault 101. Where no one comes in and no one comes out. You live your child-hood and then to your teenage years. Your father is a Scientist and Doctor of Vault 101. When you reached the age 16 in a vault you must take the G.O.A.T Test. Into which you are assigned to a job. As you are 19 years-old, you wake up to find Amata. She tell's you your dad has escaped. So now your main-objective is to find your dad and possibly go back home...

People have been saying "Oh well the story line was short and it sucked".

-No you are wrong. You must play it FULLY to it's full content! To find out what's really going on!

Then there's the "FallOut 3 is just Oblivian with guns"...

-My friend either your one big-ass noob. Or you really have a thick-minded narrow head.

It is NOT, Oblivian with guns. They re-designed on how you combat and level.

You can't level by running in a corner and expecting to level up. You have to gain experiance points in order to level up.

The Combat system has defanintaly changed alot, but you can see some npc's use their attacks in oblivian in some sort of way.

What bethesda have improved on-

They have definantly improved their A.I system. In oblivian they were to boxy and boring. But in FallOut 3. It's changed. The NPC's actually move and feel different from oblivian.

Answer- Because Oblivian had thousands of NPC's Bethesda couldn't script them all to give them a unique form of action. While FallOut 3 had just a couple hundred.

Now FallOut 3 is just such an immensive, unique, and extremely beautiful game if only you know what is going on and what to do.

Question Time!-

How come fallout 3 wasn't a never-ending game like oblivian?

-Answer- Well when Bethesda took right's from Interplay they had agreed to continue the old FallOut 3. The old FallOut 3 is the...Fall Out 3 Van Buren. It was just a demo of their new system, but sadly was never released into the public. Plus Interplay had given Bethesda the story-line of the Van Buren and then Bethesda took off from their.

-Question- How come it's so hard to kill things? I mean I could easily kill things in Oblivian in like 1 second!

-Answer- Oblivian wasn't mainly on skill-based combat. But FallOut 3 is, which means if your Skill in pistol is low. You'll have a harder time killing things and aiming things at a target.
It also concerns on the Repair skill. The repair skill is the health of the weapon. If your gun is damaged severly it will give less damage. But if it were to be un-touched or in fine condition. You would do full-on damage. Possibly killing the target in one hit.
So basically it's a Skill based onto what you do.

-Question- Bethesda Lied! They said they made over 200 endings but they did'nt!!!

-Answer- Oh you noob. Bethesda announced they made over 200 endings, but only used 8 or 6 in a mixed form Conjuction. Into which if your bad it can have a good ending.
If you good you can have a bad ending.
If your a coward you can have a bad ending
If your bad you can have a bad ending
If your good you can have a good ending.

See I just explained 6-8 endings in a mixed form of way!

-Question- Why can't you kill children in the game!!!!

-Answer- Will that's a tough one. Let's just say...Legal Issues

-End of Question Time!-

-Back to the Review-(The Questionair is also part of the Review)

If you like the blend of RPG (Role-Playing Game) and FPS (First-person Shooter), then I suggest you get this game immediatly.
Everything you do in FallOut 3 could leave a permanent mark in your game. PerSay if you were to keep stealing things from a shop-owner he could leave forever. Or by blowing up a town with a nuke. Now that's permanent, so watch what you do. It can leave a permanent mark and then into which will ruin other chances of accessing other quests.

Their is also a system called V.A.T.S which is...Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System. Which you are able to pick a certain body part of the target click away and finally watch the awesome cinematice scene of a person blowing up or getting killed.

Bethesda had also announced that they will be releasing Mods and Add-ons in the future.

-Alaska simulation....
-Going to pittsburgh to deal with the raiders and destroy the raiders....
-Joining the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel to rid the Capital Wasteland from the remnants of the Enclave....

Now that sounds alot of fun!

FallOut 3 is also based on a Karma-System.

Personally to me, in my own perspective, is that Being good will help you ALOT more better.

-Good-

You'll recieve gifts from people like in Megaton and BigTown.
Certain NPC's will follow you and go into combat or battle.
But the bad side of being good is that you will have Talon Company Mercanaries trying to kill you.

-Bad-

You'll be hated by many people.
You will not get gifts from people.
1 or 2 NPC's will follow you.
Gameplay will be to easy and you will say it "Sucked".
Talon Company Mercs and Regulator's will always try and kill you no matter what.

It's like what they say " Karma can be a Bitch ".

-The Rating from Me-

10 out of 10.

It's an outstanding game. There maybe a few bugs and glitches, but don't let that stop you from playing the game.

Well this concludes my Full review for Fall Out 3. Expect to see more game reviews.

Also this is for FullMetal...

-Fullmetal- Well FullMetal...Play the whole god damn game you stupid noob. I hate it when people make reviews after the FIRST 10 MINUTES OF THEM PLAYING THE GAME. Play the game for about a month or two then make a review. Don't make it after you played it in the first 10 minutes of you playing the game. God people need to know how to make a review. So yeah play the whole game first complete it, get everything assembled, prepare, then make your review.

Sincerely,

OverSeer_Luke or known mostly as....-Mod-

P.S- Bethesda announced that they are in the works of FallOut 4. So expect to see it in or around 2010.

Joeytron
17 Jan 2009, 08:32pm
Fallout 3 was a blast, played it through about 4 different ways.

Tcp-Kill
18 Jan 2009, 01:02am
Good review tbh.

Caution
18 Jan 2009, 01:52am
-Question- How come it's so hard to kill things? I mean I could easily kill things in Oblivian in like 1 second!

-Answer- Oblivian wasn't mainly on skill-based combat.

Not true. I'm a fan of Oblivion and used to play it quite regularly, and I can tell you right now that it is a HUGELY skill based game. It's not the typical "the more you spend on this weapon the more damage you do," it affects on if you can stagger opponents, if it degrades fast, if you can block well, etc. And the reason you can kill things quickly is because you have the difficulty turned down. Turn it up all the way and try playing it. Not too easy.

Anyway, good review, looking forward to playing it.

Resistance
18 Jan 2009, 02:13am
Thanks, it usually takes me a couple-months to work out a fully prepared review and let it be released to the masses of critics.

I've been working on several other reviews also.

So yeah thanks for the comments.

And yes caution I forgot to add that in there. I haven't played oblivian in a couple of months so yeah.

Greetz,

-Mod-

Hiphopopotomus
18 Jan 2009, 03:12pm
Lols did you know there is a motorcycle in Fallout 3 now? And a flying broomstick....

Metal
18 Jan 2009, 05:09pm
i replayed the game with the BABE mod and lol it was so much better

Wraith
18 Jan 2009, 08:12pm
what does babe mod do haha

mikec789
19 Jan 2009, 05:39pm
I just reinstalled Fallout 3, it's a awesome game.

Bald
19 Jan 2009, 10:05pm
very good review Mod, Your right about many things you've said in your review, the only bad thing i've done in playing fallout 3 is doing the main quest too damn early, therefore ending my story short. But with all the other things you've said it's very true. Fallout 3 is a very unique and is a very well made game at that. So i definetly recommend that whoever hasnt played it yet go slap your self with a trout and go get it.

bowchikabowwow
21 Jan 2009, 12:41am
Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all time on my 360, I beat it, but I love it so I go back to old saves to try to complete all the side quests and discover all the places. And great review!