PDA

View Full Version : Several enforced rules on PB

Toxin
26 Dec 2008, 09:28am
Hey people, the last few days I have seen CTs enforcing ridicolus rules such as no talking over mic, no moving at all, no getting out of cells etc. This rules are very annoying and pretty much ruin the gameplay, it's exactly the same as "crouching only"-rules which is also stupid. Are CTs allowed to enforce that rules? And if they are, can they kill anybody who is talking, moving etc?

Caution
26 Dec 2008, 01:12pm
Well as far as the "no talking" rule, check this link out.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11479

It IS against the rules, demo them next time. And yes, they do have to let you out of your cell, but they can also say "everybody crouch" and if you don't then yes, they can kill you for it (I know, it's pretty gay).

Feel free to add me on steam if you like, that way you can contact me if this BS happens again. My steam name is caution209.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
27 Dec 2008, 05:19pm
if you guys would just BIND A WALK BUTTON!!! I would not have to give such orders!

Maxwelldon
29 Dec 2008, 01:30am
Use common sence when giving orders. I figure that being ridiculous and as far as I'm aware, we've disallowed ridiculous requests like "stay in cells whole round", "no talking" or "drop the knife!"
Just record them and submit player complaint with "Ridiculous requests on PB" for example.. Most likely something will be done in that case.

TopCat
30 Dec 2008, 11:42am
How can one actually drop a knife in CS:S?!! There's no way they can do that! They're going to be free killed when they say that.

LVG
30 Dec 2008, 12:40pm
How can one actually drop a knife in CS:S?!! There's no way they can do that! They're going to be free killed when they say that.

He was using it as an example we know you can't drop knifes and anyone with a brain playing knows you can't in a standard game of PB. This is why there are no cases of this so Max knows this so your reply wasn't really necessary.

Mammal
30 Dec 2008, 01:04pm

Thats what he means, I remember when people would say this and kill you, thats why your not allowed to do it, you can't drop knives.

Maxwelldon
30 Dec 2008, 11:31pm
He was using it as an example we know you can't drop knifes and anyone with a brain playing knows you can't in a standard game of PB. This is why there are no cases of this so Max knows this so your reply wasn't really necessary.

In fact, you can get an mod which allows you drop nades and knives for server-side but we haven't done that in SG, probably wont be getting it either.
Little less things to load our servers and think it's glitchy to drop your knife in some maps anyway as they start bounce up and down between floor and roof, like guns..

LVG
31 Dec 2008, 07:22am
In fact, you can get an mod which allows you drop nades and knives for server-side but we haven't done that in SG, probably wont be getting it either.
Little less things to load our servers and think it's glitchy to drop your knife in some maps anyway as they start bounce up and down between floor and roof, like guns..

Quote the "Standard" in some maps you can't spawn with knives it's what the creator wants so maps like electric have been designed for ts to have knives if the maker wanted to he could make it so you spawned with nothing.

Chef
31 Dec 2008, 10:16am
okay, stand still and crouch are great orders in certain scenarios.

I only use it when some one is rebeling, and people are in cross fire.

I say dont move or crouch to avoid freekill, as soon as the person dies, resume activity.

So thier not all bad

trakaill
1 Jan 2009, 12:11pm
ONLY BE IN HALF THE CAGE NO BOXES ON ELECTRIC IS DUMB AS SHIT!!!!

Dracula
1 Jan 2009, 12:31pm
Then rebel.

trakaill
1 Jan 2009, 02:52pm
WHY DONT YOU USE THAT EXCUSE FOR ALL THE OTHER DUMB ODERS NOT ALLOWED...
JUST REBEL WHEN THEY MAKE YOU PLAY RED LIGHT..
JUST REBEL WHEN THEY MAKE YOU PLAY SIMON SAYS...
JUST REBEL WHEN THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO TALK OVER THE MIC...
JUST REBEL WHEN THEY DONT LET YOU OUT THE CAGES.....

JUST REBEL
JUST REBEL!!!!!

WOOTTTTT

Dracula
1 Jan 2009, 04:38pm
My god he might have the idea grasped :shocked:

Bubbles
1 Jan 2009, 06:20pm
i give the order to crouch all the time, it helps a lot, if i tell all T's to crouch to a certain area, its easier to control the ones trying to run off into vents or other hidden places, or even prevent a zerg rush, the no talking is against the rules as far as i know, and the ct's CAN tell you to stay in your cell, but its the same idea as camping the armory, it just sucks.

DoubleSb
1 Jan 2009, 08:12pm
There is some rules that are retarded and will never be followed
and there are some ruels that are retarded that will forever be followed

DoubleSb
1 Jan 2009, 08:47pm
ONLY BE IN HALF THE CAGE NO BOXES ON ELECTRIC IS DUMB AS SHIT!!!!

Maybe, however its easier to be contained, what if a T had a gun behind those boxes and no ct was there to watch? He or she can easly pick us off. (well almost)

Harpr33t
9 Jan 2009, 08:02pm
okay, stand still and crouch are great orders in certain scenarios.

I only use it when some one is rebeling, and people are in cross fire.

I say dont move or crouch to avoid freekill, as soon as the person dies, resume activity.

So thier not all bad

since we are on the topic of unfair orders, i remember a time when chef said to me harpreet if you say one more word you die and he killed me, also another time where i wasn't allowed out of my cell and only me. FAIR?

Dracula
9 Jan 2009, 08:08pm
since we are on the topic of unfair orders, i remember a time when chef said to me harpreet if you say one more word you die and he killed me, also another time where i wasn't allowed out of my cell and only me. FAIR?

your just too much of a damn liability.