PDA

View Full Version : Microphone issues in CSS only.

PotshotPolka
24 Dec 2008, 07:39pm
Seems odd, but only while playing CSS my mic is incredibly low on highest levels. It's a USB port mic, so I've tried multiple ports, highest output, but its still barely audible.

Suggestions that don't include "Did you plug it in?" are welcome.

Dracula
24 Dec 2008, 07:49pm
Just scream like your ragin all the time then people will be able to hear.

Chêvouÿx
24 Dec 2008, 07:56pm
That happened to me a long time ago.

For me, the wires inside the microphone were tangles and basically wasted. Unrepairable.

I got a new mic and it worked fine.

So, my suggestion is that your mic's dead and you need to buy a new one :usa2:

PotshotPolka
24 Dec 2008, 08:02pm
That happened to me a long time ago.

For me, the wires inside the microphone were tangles and basically wasted. Unrepairable.

I got a new mic and it worked fine.

So, my suggestion is that your mic's dead and you need to buy a new one :usa2:

Too bad you didn't read what I wrote. WORKS FINE OUTSIDE OF CSS.

TwistedKiller
24 Dec 2008, 09:28pm
WORKS FINE OUTSIDE OF CSS.

Thats what she said... :3

Any way... Try deleting your config, that did it for me. :)

Chêvouÿx
24 Dec 2008, 09:30pm
Too bad you didn't read what I wrote. WORKS FINE OUTSIDE OF CSS.

CS:S numbs the sensitivity; your computer picks it up as lot better than the Source Engine.

If not, that, then try TK's idea :ohwell:

Dracula
24 Dec 2008, 09:46pm
DO MINE ITS FOOLPROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PotshotPolka
25 Dec 2008, 08:39am
DO MINE ITS FOOLPROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking mute, I'll try the configs or a complete reinstall, but both would probably have the same effect.

Dracula
25 Dec 2008, 03:37pm
Fucking mute, I'll try the configs or a complete reinstall, but both would probably have the same effect.

:angry:

Lux
25 Dec 2008, 04:08pm
I'm not even sure if I get this, but I think I just get this on CSS and Vent.........or maybe always. (Fixed on vent though by putting 10+ input lol)

But I talk normally into the mic, probably enough to wake my family in other rooms, and people say "speak up we can't hear you" and I just think wow........highest input levels on css aren't high enough :ohwell:

I had this on my old mic, but now it is slightly better, so maybe it is something to do with settings....

SpikedRocker
26 Dec 2008, 07:21am
How'd the config delete work for you potshot? I think that might be the best course of action, that stuff really makes no sense to me how it can be different levels on different programs.