PDA

View Full Version : Expanded MOTD for Prison Break

Caution
24 Dec 2008, 07:17pm
Here is an ever-growing list of some of the rules in Prison Break that can not actually be mentioned in the MOTD. This thread should answer some of the many questions asked by the players and / or admins.

* Death games such as Simon Says or death races are only allowed if the Terrorists agree to it.

* If you are the last Counter Terrorist alive, you are NOT allowed to free kill anyone you see. Just be aware that if you are the last one alive, they very well could be armed, depending on the situation.

* DO NOT LEAVE AND REJOIN TO AVOID MUTES. Just wait until the round is over if you want to call someone a free killer :cheesy:

* CT's are required to give warning shots for petty rule breaking. However, if a T is blatantly rebelling (going into an area to escape, being somewhere they shouldn't be, running away, etc) then they can be killed.

* CT's can repeat the same orders only for two rounds in a row.

* CT's can not plant guns under any circumstances, unless an LR is being honored.

* Last requests are NOT required.

* CT's can not state "Same rules as last time," the people who just joined won't know what the hell you're talking about.

* CT's can not force the Terrorists to do something that can kill them, such as drowning them or making them go into a death chamber.

* While playing as a T, always remember that if you're next to a teammate who has a gun, you very well could be caught in the crossfire.

* Killing AFKs is no longer at admins discretion. If a CT gives orders and someone is AFK, they are considered to not be following directions and can be killed.

* There is no specific time CT's must open the cells, but please try and get them opened by 4, if not sooner.

* CT's do not have to have a mic to give orders, although it does help!

* Vents, armory, and CT catwalks can be automatic death if you are caught by a CT, depends if they are nice enough to let you go.

* Camping is allowed as a CT. They can camp every round if they see fit.

* Do not intentionally throw a flash / smoke grenade at a T, they do lose health from it!

* No martyring! This means as a CT you are NOT allowed to run with a grenade in hand into a group of T's! Some jerk will knife you and then it will damage the entire group.

* Under no circumstances may any admin alter these rules in-game, unless they have been changed by the higher ups. If you see any admin doing so then ask them to stop, and if they continue then record a demo and report them.

* Respect other players / admins, and know that an admin can not slay / kick / ban somebody if they do not witness it.

Higher-ups feel free to edit / delete anything you deem necessary.

Determined2Win
24 Dec 2008, 07:44pm
I like it, looks like you put a lot of time into it and every rule on their seemed to be causes of players having to ask admins to come in and take care of. Well done and this looks sticky worthy imo.

-D2W

Bubbles
24 Dec 2008, 08:29pm
http://l4d-fr.com/ach.php?a=SALVATION&b=Successfully lay down the law for your fellow ct's bringing harmony to one part of a chaotic game&c=u&e=4&f=2 (http://l4d-fr.com/achievements.php)

Eversmen
24 Dec 2008, 11:01pm
I like it, this should be displayed on our Prisionbreak MOTDs, a thanks an +rep for you!. The only con is that, somepeople probably won't read all of that...

Caution
24 Dec 2008, 11:06pm
I like it, this should be displayed on our Prisionbreak MOTDs, a thanks an +rep for you!. The only con is that, somepeople probably won't read all of that...

and yea, i don't at all expect people to read this before they play, but if there is ever an argument about some of these rules, this can be a link to that certain rule.

Justice...
25 Dec 2008, 07:02am
good, but also add "Do not abuse voteban"
and also this must be in HTML format, it is so long that u have to scroll down to read it all, and that cant be done unless its HTML.

and also, as a regular PB player i highly recommend that these rules, or something very similiar, will be added. As it is now, many people are pushing the rules, and saying "its not in MOTD"

so i support these rules and this thread <=P

Chef
25 Dec 2008, 04:54pm
all well and good but until this is applied to the motd, no one will follow...

if it aint in game, it doesnt pertain.
A few admins enforce, others dont.

trakaill
26 Dec 2008, 07:06am
I think afks should be moved to spec almost right away..Im sure if someone can live through a round after being free killed and can live trough being moved to spec for a round...
Dont be afk if you dont want that to happen..
This is to long to be in MOTD I think they are ways to make it shorter other than that:clap: great work..

Caution
26 Dec 2008, 01:14pm
I think afks should be moved to spec almost right away..Im sure if someone can live through a round after being free killed and can live trough being moved to spec for a round...
Dont be afk if you dont want that to happen..
This is to long to be in MOTD I think they are ways to make it shorter other than that:clap: great work..

After talking with a BD, they said that for right now, the AFK situation is upon the admins' discretion. I don't expect this to go in the MOTD in-game, but possibly stickied like Garfield's :bigsmile:

tank40175
26 Dec 2008, 02:57pm
This needs stickied! Good job Caution!! +rep and thx

Henrik
26 Dec 2008, 03:45pm
good job that is good rules

but when i type motd i can't scroll down to see the rules

Ganzta
26 Dec 2008, 08:08pm
caution FTW!!!!
finally a new motd

Maxwelldon
29 Dec 2008, 01:33am
I've noticed a problem with long MOTD's in CSS recently and that is when you try scroll down, tends not to work..
Just if we need to extend MOTD's - would prefer one sentence guide to stop by forum in certain section to read the extended rules and such.

Justice...
29 Dec 2008, 01:46am
I've noticed a problem with long MOTD's in CSS recently and that is when you try scroll down, tends not to work..
Just if we need to extend MOTD's - would prefer one sentence guide to stop by forum in certain section to read the extended rules and such.

thats why it need to be in HTML, if it is in HTML you can scroll :P

Caution
29 Dec 2008, 03:15am
Well we could leave the current MOTD up and maybe just post this link on there as well. :P

Maxwelldon
29 Dec 2008, 01:20pm
thats why it need to be in HTML, if it is in HTML you can scroll :P Don't know.. Tried one time on my own test CS:S server about 200 lines of text in simply HTML and somehow it still didn't work.. Might be something wrong with the files or server then.

Modgers1
30 Dec 2008, 01:46am
Stickied.

-Modgers

Chef
31 Dec 2008, 10:11am
stickys are all well, but its not gonna sticky in game so majority wont read it.

If it isnt in the MOTD, no one in game follows it.

hellfury
3 Jan 2009, 05:20pm
Death games such as Simon Says or death races are only allowed if the Terrorists agree to it.

Do all, most, or only the ones who want to participate of the t's have to agree

Caution
3 Jan 2009, 07:05pm
Do all, most, or only the ones who want to participate of the t's have to agree

The ones who agree can play. So if 14 T's want to play and one T doesn't, do NOT kill him for death games.

CandleJack
3 Jan 2009, 07:28pm
Here is an ever-growing list of some of the rules in Prison Break that can not actually be mentioned in the MOTD. This thread should answer some of the many questions asked by the players and / or admins.

* Death games such as Simon Says or death races are only allowed if the Terrorists agree to it.

* If you are the last Counter Terrorist alive, you are NOT allowed to free kill anyone you see. (Just be aware that if you are the last one alive, they very well could be armed, depending on the situation.)

* DO NOT LEAVE AND REJOIN TO AVOID MUTES. Just wait until the round is over if you want to call someone a free killer :cheesy:

* Don't abuse vote ban! Just realize that it is highly possible that the reason you were killed was an accident or because you were caught in the crossfire. No need to vote ban them, just wait a few minutes until the round restarts.

* CT's can not state "Same rules as last time," the people who just joined won't know what the hell you're talking about.

* CT's can not force the Terrorists to do something that can kill them, such as drowning them or making them go into a death chamber.

* While playing as a T, always remember that if you're next to a teammate who has a gun, you very well could be caught in the crossfire.

* Don't mic / text spam.

* Don't advertise.

* An admin can deem any spray they see as inappropriate and request you to stop using it.

* As of right now, killing AFK's is upon the admins discretion that is on at the time.

* There is no specific time CT's must open the cells, but please try and get them opened by 4, if not sooner.

* NO TEAM KILLING

* CT's do not have to have a mic to give orders, although it does help!

* Vents and armory can be automatic death if you are caught by a CT, depends if they are nice enough to let you go.

* Camping is allowed as a CT. They can camp every round if they see fit.

* Do not intentionally throw a flash / smoke grenade at a T, they do lose health from it!

* Do not free shoot / free kill.

* No martyring! This means as a CT you are NOT allowed to run with a grenade in hand into a group of T's! Some jerk will knife you and then it will damage the entire group.

* Under no circumstances may any admin alter these rules in-game, unless they have been changed by the higher ups. If you see any admin doing so then ask them to stop, and if they continue then record a demo and report them.

* No racism, period. Take that somewhere else.

* Respect other players / admins, and know that an admin can not slay / kick / ban somebody if they do not witness it.

Note: This is by NO means something everyone must read in order to play prison break, this is simply something that can be reflected upon if it is discussed about in-game or on forums. All suggestions are open. Please do not flame this thread.

Higher-ups feel free to edit / delete anything you deem necessary.

Thank you Caution, for telling us this, however whenever i try and read the motd it never lets me read it only maybe 1-8 then nothing i cant read anything under that! we may need to also attempt to fix this?:confused1:

Caution
4 Jan 2009, 01:33am
Thank you Caution, for telling us this, however whenever i try and read the motd it never lets me read it only maybe 1-8 then nothing i cant read anything under that! we may need to also attempt to fix this?:confused1:

Yeah, something is messed up with it in-game. Honestly, I have no idea how to fix this. I'm not sure why it won't let people scroll down.

Ganzta
9 Jan 2009, 11:47pm
i know everyone's busy with the remodeling of the servers but just hope that you guys would put this on the motd for the PB servers soon

Harpr33t
16 Jan 2009, 03:18pm
anything on guns in a holster or not?

Caution
16 Jan 2009, 03:23pm
If it's a holstered secondary weapon, warn them. Or just simply say "Nobody have any guns on them period. Now is your chance to drop it." Be careful with this though, a lot of times teammates will plant their guns on other T's to try and get them killed.

With a primary, shoot to kill, holstered or not.

DoubleSb
16 Jan 2009, 10:51pm
If it's a holstered secondary weapon, warn them. Or just simply say "Nobody have any guns on them period. Now is your chance to drop it." Be careful with this though, a lot of times teammates will plant their guns on other T's to try and get them killed.

With a primary, shoot to kill, holstered or not.

Lol, I almost got for banned for killing 5 people with prims saying that I should have told them to drop it. Effing noobs lol

Caution
17 Jan 2009, 12:18am
Lol, I almost got for banned for killing 5 people with prims saying that I should have told them to drop it. Effing noobs lol

Fuuuuuuuuuck that.

Harpr33t
17 Jan 2009, 06:03am
Yea lately Axel's been killing ppl with holstered pistol and not even warning them.

Zealot
4 Feb 2009, 11:47am
Question, you said ct's can camp every round. But if they camp no one will open the cells right? Meaning if all ct's camp, all t's are stuck in cells.

Caution
4 Feb 2009, 06:57pm
;147589']Question, you said ct's can camp every round. But if they camp no one will open the cells right? Meaning if all ct's camp, all t's are stuck in cells.

Well, if an admin is on they will have the cells open (usually) by around 4. By "camping," that means they are allowed to open the cells and go wherever they please and sit there and just wait.

uncle pep-pep
24 Feb 2009, 05:58pm
i remember a rule about cts jumping on ts heads and ts being able to knife them for it, what happened to that?

MtrxMn
19 Apr 2009, 01:15pm
I was wondering... is there really a rule that a ct has to actually see you kill someone in order to kill you for doing it?

(von dutch) delta force 8
5 May 2009, 04:38pm
i remember a rule about cts jumping on ts heads and ts being able to knife them for it, what happened to that?

made up by some 9 year old kid that hought he owned the server, killing a CT guarantees a "kill on sight" for you, no matter what the circumstances are

Dracula
5 May 2009, 04:42pm
Nice bump.

Caution
5 May 2009, 05:13pm
This thread is pointless now. A higher up can delete it whenever they get a chance.

Bethy
5 May 2009, 09:30pm
Nice bump.

Not a bump when it's a stickied thread.

This thread is pointless now. A higher up can delete it whenever they get a chance.

We still need to go over some rules, so I'm going to leave this up as a guideline.

Caution
5 May 2009, 10:26pm
We still need to go over some rules, so I'm going to leave this up as a guideline.
Ok :D

Suri
6 May 2009, 07:44am
This thread does not need to be deleted, but updated. It still is a good idea to have.

FightingRooster
25 May 2009, 06:26pm
Another thing that needs mentioning is forcing Terrorists to freeze infront of their cells. The CTs will kill the Terrorists at the slightest movement of the mouse. This has been happening more often and I believe we need a rule against it.

DoubleSb
25 May 2009, 08:02pm
Bump.

Dante
25 May 2009, 08:44pm
I kinda feel the same rooster and Doublesb read the previous posts, Its still an open discussion.

Caution
25 May 2009, 11:55pm
I'll update this accordingly, I just want to have the ACTUAL rules down and figured out.

MtrxMn
3 Aug 2009, 08:19am
Are teleporters considered insta kills? Because when people use the one on razor to go to soccer the cts just open fire on you right away. And also the walkways on minijail and razor, because i've seen cts insta kill people for being on those too and no one ever seems to argue.

tehsqueez
16 Apr 2010, 07:50am
If someone says "No teleporters", or "Don't leave your cells", then they can kill you if you teleport. Same goes for when they say "No past first cell", if you teleport to a place past first cell then you die. And other times they say go to showers and stay in showers, knowing that if you tele somewhere else, they can kill you.

mapper
29 Apr 2010, 11:02am
I'm having a question about zombie freeday.
Can T's left knife CT's ? It should be added to the expanded rules here.

Zaraki
29 Apr 2010, 11:57am
I'm having a question about zombie freeday.
Can T's left knife CT's ? It should be added to the expanded rules here.

It is in the "motd" actually bro ^^

Ct's can shoot T's if they knife them on zombie freeday.
To punish you, you have to learn the motd and you will be tested tomorrow u naughty SA boi! :thumb:

mapper
29 Apr 2010, 12:04pm
It is in the "motd" actually bro ^^

Ct's can shoot T's if they knife them on zombie freeday.
To punish you, you have to learn the motd and you will be tested tomorrow u naughty SA boi! :thumb:

But still yea I know it's a given as example. But i'm still confused as its in general a dick move and many people don't know this rule.

Mad Dogg
29 Apr 2010, 12:45pm
<3 that

Tweezy
29 Apr 2010, 04:20pm
Simple, get !rules up and running.

Zaraki
29 Apr 2010, 04:50pm
Simple, get !rules up and running.

We can't have it to be the longest rules list ever, that will make them not even paying attention to it :sad:

Re-make the list fcourse is the best idea, so tweezy, YOU HAVE A JOB! :blink1:

Sander Cohen
30 Apr 2010, 09:20pm
The PB motd needs serious updates. Loopholes are being found and exploited and recent events have made it clear that more rules need to be added or changed.

starbucks
1 May 2010, 02:02pm
i think, people that are afk for more than 10 minutes should be kicked.

Paul
2 May 2010, 03:54pm
Updated:

Killing AFKs is no longer at admins discretion. If a CT gives you an order and your AFK but do not follow then the CT is abliged to kill you.

Zaraki
2 May 2010, 04:03pm
Updated:

Killing AFKs is no longer at admins discretion. If a CT gives you an order and your AFK but do not follow then the CT is abliged to kill you.

That's the only thing that has been updated? O.O
I think Caution had more points that had to change than that...

Paul
2 May 2010, 04:04pm

These suggestions are from the CA proposals.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30155

Caution
2 May 2010, 04:18pm

Patience...

I made this thread like two years ago and haven't edited it yet lol, so I'll go through it and change anything that needs to be changed.

Alright, added some more and got rid of the obvious server rules.

Zaraki
3 May 2010, 10:27am
These suggestions are from the CA proposals.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30155

Yeah i'm sorry, i tought you only added those that Caution said, so i tought "Caution told about many things that had to change" ^^

Patience...

I made this thread like two years ago and haven't edited it yet lol, so I'll go through it and change anything that needs to be changed.

Alright, added some more and got rid of the obvious server rules.

Thnx :blink1: wich rules were the "obvious" ones?

Caution
3 May 2010, 05:27pm
Thnx :blink1: wich rules were the "obvious" ones?

No racism, advertising, etc. Obvious as in the already stated server rules.

Ganzta
8 May 2010, 12:12am
pb's gay

R.I.P.

BoM
3 Feb 2014, 01:50pm
I'm so used to the rules played in CS 1.6 haha, but I can get used to these.

Opening 4 year old post. GG

Sent from my carrier pigeon

Wolfy
4 Aug 2014, 06:29pm
* Vents, armory, and CT catwalks can be automatic death if you are caught by a CT, depends if they are nice enough to let you go.

Teleporters, too, right? Or am I missing out on something?

Elemental
4 Aug 2014, 06:38pm

Yes. Teleports are Auto-KOS

ExRev
5 Aug 2014, 07:20pm
Opening 4 year old post. GG

Sent from my carrier pigeon

Notice BoM's post is from February...

FEBRUARY.

Caution
7 Aug 2014, 10:26am

Yeah...IIRC there weren't teleporters in almost any map when PB first started, and if there were, they went straight to the armory, which was KOS anyways.