Axel
22 Dec 2008, 08:31am
And only 1 active
WTF
Any help here =\
I assume that Core 1 = Processor 1 and Core 2 = Processor 2
It is on my windows sidebar, shows my RAM too
This is causing major lag spikes for me ingame
If one of you helpful nerds out there could lend me a hand to fix this pile of shit
I'd be more than happy to give you rep!

Daze
22 Dec 2008, 08:35am
that mini application was built in mind thinking that you had 2 Processors, which nowadays most people have, especially if running Vista.

correct me if I'm wrong but you have a Pentium 4 Processor right? That's 1 core.

Axel
22 Dec 2008, 08:37am
that mini application was built in mind thinking that you had 2 Processors, which nowadays most people have, especially if running Vista.

correct me if I'm wrong but you have a Pentium 4 Processor right? That's 1 core.

LIES
How would I go about gettin' another
That level out the lag :D

Daze
22 Dec 2008, 08:39am
LIES
How would I go about gettin' another
That level out the lag :D

by buying one?

From the graphics card thread to this one it's not hard to devise that your PC is way past it's prime, would probably be cheaper to just buy a new computer from fresh then to regularly upgrade your parts.

Axel
22 Dec 2008, 08:43am
by buying one?

From the graphics card thread to this one it's not hard to devise that your PC is way past it's prime, would probably be cheaper to just buy a new computer from fresh then to regularly upgrade your parts.

In all fairness my PC was working at full power around a month ago
The only problem that started showing was when NVidia updated
THAT started all of it
so really it ISN'T my PC ;D
It would be the updates that the company "insisted" I got
Don't insult my PC dude

Zero001
22 Dec 2008, 09:01am
He's not trying to be insulting. Seriously though, you could do with an update.

If you think it has to do with your video card drivers then re-install with the latest drivers from nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us)

BOOWY
22 Dec 2008, 02:17pm
If official drivers aren't working as they should then you might want to try third party drivers as an alternative. I've used Omega Drivers on both an ATI 9800XT and an ATI X1300 and I haven't had any problems with them.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/