PDA

View Full Version : map error

LEMON 27
21 Dec 2008, 01:50pm
hey guys,
hust wondering what my problem is here, ive been getting this error when making breakfloor maps: "The system cannot find the file specified."

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS?
(here is compile log)

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\b in\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\CSS Maps\breakfloor_testing"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\CSS Maps\breakfloor_testing.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\CSS Maps\breakfloor_testing.prt...done (0)
MAX_MAP_MODELS

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\b in\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\CSS Maps\breakfloor_testing"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
2 threads
reading c:\documents and settings\michael\desktop\css maps\breakfloor_testing.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\michael\desktop\css maps\breakfloor_testing.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\b in\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov 8 2007)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\documents and settings\michael\desktop\css maps\breakfloor_testing.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\michael\desktop\css maps\breakfloor_testing.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\CSS Maps\breakfloor_testing.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\lemon_27\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\breakfloor_testing.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

Svendy
21 Dec 2008, 02:01pm
hmm i've had the same problem, i think i just renamed the map and it worked. though its some time ago so i'm not totaly sure

ATIX
23 Dec 2008, 05:09pm
This problem is rare but try:
A older version of your map.vmf
your .bsp (map file) might not be in your cstrike/maps folder
or google the problem with MAX_MAP_MODELS which I never had that problem before =\

Svendy
23 Dec 2008, 06:18pm
lol i didnt even notice that MAX_MAP_MODLES
i'm 100% you've used to many func_breakable, i remember this when i made my own breakfloor map, i used too many. delete some of the enteties to go below the max amound and try again.