PDA

View Full Version : Mute in prison break

Ganzta
20 Dec 2008, 07:40pm
im not sure where i should place this thread but anyway

I really think the thing in the prison break servers where players get muted after they die should be back on for obvious reasons
some of them would be: spamming, ghosting, people crying why they got killed, ts bitching to cts and vice versa, overflowing the server...etc

Justice...
20 Dec 2008, 07:41pm
amen!
Bring the mute script back!
Too much whining, ghosting and there's even been a couple of people giving commands as dead. get it back =D

Repus
20 Dec 2008, 07:59pm
Didn't they take it away bc it was lagging?

Metal
20 Dec 2008, 08:02pm
It did make people lag, so your people better Grow the hell up and when you die shut up

Dracula
20 Dec 2008, 08:03pm
Yep they took it away cause it made lagg. Also the stuff you mentiond Justice arnt to prevelant [besides the whining].

Justice...
20 Dec 2008, 08:07pm
Yep they took it away cause it made lagg. Also the stuff you mentiond Justice arnt to prevelant [besides the whining].

its annoying! Just wondering; if you fix the lag problems, will it be added again? Much better before =)

Crimson
20 Dec 2008, 09:31pm
If they're are people ghosting or whining, just mute them for round, problem dealt with.

Ganzta
20 Dec 2008, 09:58pm
well i just played in the pb servers
taking off the mute script helped nothing with the lag

Caution
20 Dec 2008, 10:19pm
It did make people lag, so your people better Grow the hell up and when you die shut up

you obviously don't play PB that much, it makes absolutely no difference. in fact, there was more lag today then i have ever seen on an SG server (not saying it was because of taking off the mute script).

i really hope it goes back on, i think it will end up going back, and to people saying "just mute them", it gets really annoying trying to do that with 5+ people every round while trying to play.

tank40175
20 Dec 2008, 10:35pm
Yeah, removing script did not help lag issue. And almost Everyone is spamming when dead. then u have to unmute them for next round. Too much of hassle really, because you end up muteing every dead player because of ghosting, and QQ

Justice...
20 Dec 2008, 10:38pm
Yupp, taking it off solved nothing. I suggest u take it back on, rather live with a little little bit more lagg than 23 more QQers and spammers and so on.

Svendy
21 Dec 2008, 05:47am
to me the pb servers has become less laggy, it was (as far as i know) cousing a CPU spike on the dedi. also if ppl QQ, spam, ghost or whatever. tell them to STFU

Jaffa
21 Dec 2008, 05:54am
well its on on mutiny, so i'm guessing the scrpit is back

Axel
21 Dec 2008, 06:08am
I saw no difference
It still lagged
Plus there where a lot of moaners I felt like muting them =|

SpikedRocker
21 Dec 2008, 06:24am
You guys need to be patient with us. We are still trying diffrent things with the servers to pin point what is causing the lag. We are hoping its a script or some file before rebuilding each server from scratch. So in this period, you'll see different servers go down without warning, different scripts be removed or deactivated, some settings be changed. Many of these things have happened already and will continue to happen till you hear that we've finished.

jigglebelljr
21 Dec 2008, 12:32pm
i agrre i want the mute back on because of the bitching and i never new it was off so plz put back on

Axel
21 Dec 2008, 07:59pm
You guys need to be patient with us. We are still trying diffrent things with the servers to pin point what is causing the lag. We are hoping its a script or some file before rebuilding each server from scratch. So in this period, you'll see different servers go down without warning, different scripts be removed or deactivated, some settings be changed. Many of these things have happened already and will continue to happen till you hear that we've finished.

No need to say that Spike XD
We know when a server goes missing
Hmmm
Hope you find the error
Mute script is back
This thread is no longer needed
Please lock it!

Bullet Wound
22 Dec 2008, 08:10am
I thought having no mute was awesome, it meant you wouldn't have to just watch patiently as everyone else played. And i don't know what your talking about with the spammers and such, usually people were not douchbags and ghosted, and if they did we just told them to shut up.

I think maybe the admins are just jealous there are no longer the only ones who can talk after dying.:toung:

But really bring back having no mute, it was wayyyyyyyy more fun.

Justice...
22 Dec 2008, 11:52am
I thought having no mute was awesome, it meant you wouldn't have to just watch patiently as everyone else played. And i don't know what your talking about with the spammers and such, usually people were not douchbags and ghosted, and if they did we just told them to shut up.

I think maybe the admins are just jealous there are no longer the only ones who can talk after dying.:toung:

But really bring back having no mute, it was wayyyyyyyy more fun.

shut up, canadian! mute is coming back and there is nuthin you can do with it >=D

Harpr33t
22 Dec 2008, 03:16pm
I think we should keep the mute script off. Because every other pb server doesn't have it and there are admins on there's that enforce it. When it was off i never heard any1 spamming their mic, ghosting, or whining. In fact all that stuff only happened when the mute script was on and the ppl just bottled up their anger for the next round.

Justice...
23 Dec 2008, 02:06am
. Because every other pb server doesn't have it

Thats a valid reason to not have it back?
Sorry to you all, but i think when all the servers are rebuild and fixed, mute script is coming back =>

Caution
23 Dec 2008, 02:32am
Sorry to you all, but i think when all the servers are rebuild and fixed, mute script is coming back =>

already is back for good

Harpr33t
25 Dec 2008, 09:01am

Your only looking at 1 of my reasons and this was an issue that Spike and I talked about. Since we are the only server that has that. When ever I go on a non SG PB I don't see any mic spammers or ghosters. Admins don't realize how annoying or frustrating the mute script is b/c it doesn't effect them.