PDA

View Full Version : Spectators

TopCat
20 Dec 2008, 05:07am
Can we make a rule that says that no one may spectate? It hogs up the servers.

LVG
20 Dec 2008, 06:01am
Well from what i've seen No there can't be a rule like that and if the servers full and there is a spectator they are usuually kicked....

Jaffa
20 Dec 2008, 06:11am
if they don't have a slot reservation and the server is full, they usually get kicked after a while

XeNo
20 Dec 2008, 06:58am
I only kick spectators if the server is full. And only one or two if it is full.

Mainly because they make the server seem more full than it is, allowing more playing people to want to join.

Sometimes there will be 5 specs on a server that is low on players, I'll leave them there so they gather active players then kick them off slowly.

Suri
20 Dec 2008, 07:45am
There is no rule for this. This has never really been a issue. We have a system in place that they will get kicked.

And I am sure this is about the PB server, and there is always a admin in there, so they can just kick the person if needed.

Caution
20 Dec 2008, 11:22am
basically what everyone else said. and in PB there is usually always an admin on (probable me lol). i only start kicking specs when its about 90% full, however many times i will go into spec and watch players im getting complaints about.

so no, there is no set rule about specs, and there probably never will be. just do a vote kick if no admin happens to be on.

barackobama
20 Dec 2008, 11:34am
Can we make a rule, where people don't make silly suggestions.

TopCat
20 Dec 2008, 12:01pm
Are you guys serious?!! It's a pain in the ass to get in some servers!

Mammal
20 Dec 2008, 12:05pm
How do you know that it is spectators if you are not in the server? :clap:

Bubbles
20 Dec 2008, 12:51pm
then the servers are full. wait it out, we've all done it

GrayFox
20 Dec 2008, 03:34pm
Are you guys serious?!! It's a pain in the ass to get in some servers!

Buy a reserved slot then cheapskate.

BOOWY
20 Dec 2008, 04:17pm
I go spectator when I have to go AFK for a minute or two just so that I'm not disrupting the game. I think it's unreasonable to be kicked if you're there just for a minute or two, but I've seen some people hang out in spectator for entire map durations.

Caution
20 Dec 2008, 05:49pm
How do you know that it is spectators if you are not in the server? :clap:

QFT