PDA

View Full Version : Napalm temporary hiatus

raven maniac
16 Dec 2008, 03:24pm
I'm making this announcement to let the community know that we have decided to shut down the Napalm until the end of January due to server maintenance.

We've heard all the complaints about the server being laggy and just completely not the same for the longest time and have decided to act upon those complaints to better the server as well as the gameplay. While the server is down we will be completely rebuilding it and getting rid of some maps to reduce the lag.

When we announce the Napalm's grand re-opening, we will reveal it's new and improved map list along with the settings that we've chosen to try and liven up the server.

While the server is down, If you see ANY maps that you would like to see on the Napalm server don't hesitate to post them as suggestions and we will test them and consider putting them on the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience to those of you who were steady regulars on the server, but we're doing this for you guys. Hope to see you on the re-launch day!

Crimson
16 Dec 2008, 03:39pm
Sounds good! Can't wait to see how it ends up!

Frostbyte
16 Dec 2008, 03:46pm
Hey wtfux. Do I get to keep my rank?
(Seriously tho)

raven maniac
16 Dec 2008, 04:42pm
Hey wtfux. Do I get to keep my rank?
(Seriously tho)

No, ranks will be reset. It will be a brand new server rebuilt from the bottom up. Everything with be completely new. :bigsmile:

Frostbyte
16 Dec 2008, 04:54pm
Nice. I need a better k/d ratio anyways.

andre1028
16 Dec 2008, 05:50pm
sad face

Jaffa
16 Dec 2008, 05:52pm
Could the recent server lag issues be caused by them being running for so long (just a build up ofwhatever slowing them down?)

Daze
16 Dec 2008, 06:16pm
Could the recent server lag issues be caused by them being running for so long (just a build up ofwhatever slowing them down?)

I doubt it, it seemed like it came from nowhere overnight. Possibly a recent change.

tank40175
16 Dec 2008, 07:54pm
Can't wait till it comes back, and fixed. I plan on making a good napalm map once I get better with Hammer. May be a long time as I'm still researching all the things that can be done with it.

raven maniac
16 Dec 2008, 08:03pm
Can't wait till it comes back, and fixed. I plan on making a good napalm map once I get better with Hammer. May be a long time as I'm still researching all the things that can be done with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your map! ^.^ You have plenty of time to get some practice in with hammer now that it's down temporarily :D.

Modgers1
16 Dec 2008, 09:20pm
Can't wait to get playing again, and hopefully Scraps will too!

Also, we're going to keep killermidget's playground of FAIL right?

-Modgers

Henrik
17 Dec 2008, 04:05am
nice i hope you guys can fix the lag

Noobster
17 Dec 2008, 05:59am
Can't wait till its back up again;D

TheBanzai
17 Dec 2008, 06:00am
What new settings, if I may ask?

Mammal
17 Dec 2008, 09:00am

I'm going to hazard a guess that the new settings have not been decided yet?

Tcp-Kill
17 Dec 2008, 09:02am
Hmm, sad to see napalm being shut down for the moment, but i'm sure it will come back to life as vibrant as ever.

raven maniac
17 Dec 2008, 01:16pm

The settings will practically be the same exact thing, only a few small changes here and there. It's not going to be respawn or anything like that because I'm tired of hearing you guys QQ.

Paul
17 Dec 2008, 01:17pm
Old school napalm will never be beaten.

Old school zombie skins :usa2:

imkrazie
17 Dec 2008, 01:56pm
When you say napalm do you mean the napalm's actual server or the dedicated server that does zombie mod?

Axel
17 Dec 2008, 02:19pm
A LOT of servers have been pulled down
Are they coming back in Jan too?
Deathrun has gone
Zombie Escape I + II
My favourite list is looking empty now
=|

Henrik
17 Dec 2008, 02:30pm
Deathrun has gone
Zombie Escape I + II
=|

mine too my fav is only sg servers:sad:

Jimbo
17 Dec 2008, 03:59pm
woot finally sometihg i agree with my rank got reset since i left now i happy =D
|

jigglebelljr
17 Dec 2008, 05:30pm
ha frost you don't get to keep your record lol sory man

TopCat
17 Dec 2008, 06:39pm
Great! Then make sure it doesn't happen again! I hate the lag.

Suri
17 Dec 2008, 08:24pm
Deathrun has gone
Zombie Escape I + II
=|

Escape and Deathrun are not going any where. I am sure they were down for some other reason.

Caution
17 Dec 2008, 10:29pm
just wondering, but how are we going to get regs now that napalm is down? are we going back to the plinks system?

TheBanzai
17 Dec 2008, 11:26pm
The settings will practically be the same exact thing, only a few small changes here and there. It's not going to be respawn or anything like that because I'm tired of hearing you guys QQ.

I'm so glad that you're here.

raven maniac
18 Dec 2008, 12:02am

The feeling is obviously mutual.

If you really must know and are that impatient. The server is going to be rebuilt, meaning completely wiped. The map list will be altered and maybe some skins depending on if we all agree on it. There will be a side test server for the napalm so we can test settings for cades to make it as even as possible for the players, CT & Zombie. The tic-rate will be bumped back up to 66-tic so the reg is better. The slots will probably be decreased to prevent lag with the server being at 66-tic. There's other settings I'm sure and maybe an event script added somewhere in the mix if I can find one. New maps may be added, I'm currently working on a map list from previous maps from the napalm and old/new maps I find on fpsbanana.

If you'd like I could just leave the server as is and give it to you as a laggy piece of shit? I'd suggest growing up, but I'm highly doubting your capable nor willing.

TheBanzai
18 Dec 2008, 01:17am

If you'd like I could just leave the server as is and give it to you as a laggy piece of shit? I'd suggest growing up, but I'm highly doubting your capable nor willing.

My response was directed more toward your highly recycled line of insulting the napalm players and telling us to stop "QQ-ing", but given the insult that you just threw on me there, I think I can stretch the meaning a bit father.

To be honest, Raven, I never had much of a problem with you other than your constant QQ comments that drove me up the wall, but since you decided to make this personal, I'd like to say this.

I find it ironic that you tell me to grow up because I think that you're very badly in need of a case of the grow-ups yourself.

That's all, I'll leave this thread to discussing the new server or whatever it is that you're all doing here.

Axel
18 Dec 2008, 04:28am
Escape and Deathrun are not going any where. I am sure they were down for some other reason.

They have been gone for some time, I'll be going on when I get home and seeing if they are still gone
If they are I'll let you know...
I'll try searching for the IP's again
If that fails then it's coming from your end
Most of them are still there though!

I find it ironic that you tell me to grow up because I think that you're very badly in need of a case of the grow-ups yourself.

Stop moaning, don't like the servers being all laggy then go else where and stop flaming at Raven, he is trying to get the server fixed again and you moan because of it...
Please grow up =|

TheBanzai
18 Dec 2008, 09:16am
Stop moaning, don't like the servers being all laggy then go else where and stop flaming at Raven, he is trying to get the server fixed again and you moan because of it...
Please grow up =|

I'm sorry, I thought I was the one being attacked here. My only action was to ask about the new changes, which I got bitched at for.

raven maniac
18 Dec 2008, 09:42am
My response was directed more toward your highly recycled line of insulting the napalm players and telling us to stop "QQ-ing", but given the insult that you just threw on me there, I think I can stretch the meaning a bit father.

To be honest, Raven, I never had much of a problem with you other than your constant QQ comments that drove me up the wall, but since you decided to make this personal, I'd like to say this.

That's all, I'll leave this thread to discussing the new server or whatever it is that you're all doing here.

No, not ALL napalm players. Just the ones that instead of making a suggestion thread you make a thread and moan and groan like Aaron did or while I was in the server heard you constantly whine about how bad the server is. So, I think I'm right on the money when I said stop QQ-ing because every time I went into the napalm all I heard was whining. Don't think I'm telling the truth? Ask gotswap.

I agree that I do need to grow up at times, but right now isn't one of them. By the way, you weren't being attacked and I wasn't bitching xD.

Axel
18 Dec 2008, 09:51am

You were the one starting to moan as my quote shows
Raven was simply stating you guys kept crying about the servers and frankly I agree with him!
No Raven, you don't need to grow up...
Being a fool makes you fun to play with XD
Seriously though
Stop moaning and wait

Suri
My favourites went missing but I tracked them down using their IP
how they got deleted I'll never know =|

krazykarl
22 Dec 2008, 09:20am
I'm looking forward to reclaiming my top spot when the Grand Re-Opening happens. I believe this will be the 4th time... :)

Krazy Karl

zero
22 Dec 2008, 11:15am
I'm looking forward to reclaiming my top spot when the Grand Re-Opening happens. I believe this will be the 4th time... :)

Krazy Karl

Ditto. I'm looking forward to reclaiming my #20th (or thereabout) spot on the rank ladder once the server goes live.

krazykarl
4 Jan 2009, 12:20am
I'm starting to have Napalm withdrawl... :(

Krazy Karl

krazykarl
4 Jan 2009, 12:25am

If you really must know and are that impatient. The server is going to be rebuilt, meaning completely wiped. The map list will be altered and maybe some skins depending on if we all agree on it. There will be a side test server for the napalm so we can test settings for cades to make it as even as possible for the players, CT & Zombie. The tic-rate will be bumped back up to 66-tic so the reg is better. The slots will probably be decreased to prevent lag with the server being at 66-tic. There's other settings I'm sure and maybe an event script added somewhere in the mix if I can find one. New maps may be added, I'm currently working on a map list from previous maps from the napalm and old/new maps I find on fpsbanana.

Would you happen to have a working list of the maps you are planning on putting into the rotation? The classics I'm sure are there with Highschool, and Killer Field, but I can think of a few off the top of my head that probably should not be put back on the server. I mean zm_hide, and zm_end as I think we can all agree are pretty dismal when it comes to game play.

Krazy Karl

broncoty
4 Jan 2009, 01:38am
Would you happen to have a working list of the maps you are planning on putting into the rotation? The classics I'm sure are there with Highschool, and Killer Field, but I can think of a few off the top of my head that probably should not be put back on the server. I mean zm_hide, and zm_end as I think we can all agree are pretty dismal when it comes to game play.

Krazy Karl

ZOMBIE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resistance
4 Jan 2009, 02:33am
Wait are who else is working on the servers?

Is it the AO's and BD's? Or everyone in the higher-up rankings?

And where the fuck have I been in the last 1-2 months! Man I have to get on the servers and forums more often. I have to balance out scripting and game time. :lol:

Greetz,

-Mod-