PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

Determined2Win
14 Dec 2008, 08:41pm
Simply Amazing, I have yet to see any faults to the new Google Chrome download, The options and new app's to it make everything a lot easier than FireFox. If you have yet to download it, I consider you do so ASAP. If you have it, give a response, if not, well, It's your loss.

-D2W

Determined2Win
14 Dec 2008, 08:43pm
Shit, go ahead and d/lete this post, didn't see the other thread on it.

-D2W

Loganator456
15 Dec 2008, 07:29pm
Eh... It's ok, but I like Firefox better. Chrome is pretty cool, though.

Red
15 Dec 2008, 08:14pm
I love chrome, have been using it since it was released.

Just a few bugs here and there but overall it's my favorite.

SpEeD
15 Dec 2008, 08:27pm
im downloading now but then i have to get my stumble toolbar and megaupload toolbar on it so im going to cry.

SpEeD
15 Dec 2008, 08:34pm
oooooo im liking this, screw the extra toolbars it looks so clean right now :bigsmile:

Justice...
15 Dec 2008, 09:51pm
yea i used to have it, but i download much, and i find FireFox much better for download than google chrome. If they update the download imma go ahead and use that instead.
Also i got google chrome from day #1 from when it was released, so i win =D

BOOWY
15 Dec 2008, 09:52pm
It's not the worst browser I've used, but it doesn't fix what I find wrong with Firefox and it has nothing of it's own that I like. The middle mouse button click to scroll through web pages is something Chrome doesn't have which is a travesty. Chrome doesn't have a home page button unless I'm blind and that's a huge turn-off as well. I wrote my own web page that contains links to all major websites I visit, the current weather, the time, and my school schedule, and that's real handy to have as a home page. Unless I'm not seeing it, Chrome doesn't even have a way to copy an image from a web page, that's asinine .

I had to actually minimize CSS today to shut off Chrome because it was a bigger FPS hog than Firefox is. Firefox would be the perfect browser if it didn't use an astronomical amount of memory and if it wasn't horrendously slow.

EDIT: I happened to try and test image copying on the SteamGamers thing at the top and it wouldn't go. I remembered using Chrome on my laptop and deciding to go back to Firefox and I thought maybe that was the reason why. My mistake.

tinkerbell
16 Dec 2008, 11:28am
I love it.

IE and Firefox look so bulky and old in comparison.

The only bug I've ever had with it was some random text highlighting on another forum, although it may have been the website.

press F11 makes it FULL screen

Zero001
16 Dec 2008, 08:45pm
I like Opera (http://www.opera.com/) and IE7Pro (http://www.ie7pro.com/), but I think most of you will switch back to Firefox after the 3.1 (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.1b2/) release. All of them are as fast as Chrome and come with must have essentials that aren't included in Chrome yet. If you like the minimalist look of Chrome you can tweak them to look the same.

Wrathek
17 Dec 2008, 07:39am
ive been running 3.1 beta since day 1. I personally have never seen firefox run slow or take up alot of memory since 3.0, but 3.1 runs even FASTER.

that being said, unless someone copy/pastes all the plugins that are for firefox, im NEVER switching, i depend on FAR too many.

but yes, as always im going to agree with good ol' zero here. After 3.1, every browser will be less than a second different in loading pages, so then it really is just up to taste, and i've already stated my taste is in ABP, along with the rest of the 20 addons i use.

Veggie
23 Dec 2008, 01:17am
Chrome will be really nice once the have Extensions support like Firefox, doubt I will change from Firefox as my main browser tho since 3.1 Beta 2 is as fast as the latest Chrome build.

Sandstorm
23 Dec 2008, 07:07am
i still love mozilla and only use chrome for its incognito window that doesnt store history, searh box imput, or cookies :D

Desum
23 Dec 2008, 12:08pm
I liked Chrome, but it wasn't supported by Comcast and it was always going way slower then Firefox, so i switched back o.o' It also didn't let me play a few browser games like on pogo and popcap.