PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Lag Spikes

Huwajux
14 Dec 2008, 01:46pm
At first I thought that it was just me, but more recently I've been seeing a lot of people getting kicked for their ping breaking the 225ms limit on a lot of SteamGamer's servers. On Prison Break everyone kept complaining about how the server needed to be rebooted because of the lag, so I managed to get an AO to reboot it, but to no avail. The same goes for the deathrun server.

I don't know what has happened recently that could be the key protagonist in causing such a sudden case of lag spikes. Also, I don't think it's because I live in the UK either, because a lot of friends I know from America are suffering too. I hope there is a way to resolve this problem as it is a major hindrance to everyone.

Robfal
14 Dec 2008, 09:51pm
x2

TopCat
16 Dec 2008, 03:42pm
Please.... fix.... the.... lag.... i.... can't.... take.... anymore.... of.... it....

SpEeD
17 Dec 2008, 02:30pm
oh gawd today is worse

TopCat
17 Dec 2008, 06:37pm
Stop making demands, trying to rush people to do your bidding will only make the situation worse.

Patience is a virtue you need to learn.

~Thanatos

Axel
18 Dec 2008, 04:41am
SpikedRocker, I don't ask for much, but please... HURRY UP WITH THE ISSUE!!!!! Sorry about that anger.

Stop moaning for heavens sake
They'll fix it when they have the time not because you keep posting stuff about it
They are fully aware of this issue and are taking action on it!
Now in the mean time I ask you to stop asking about what is happening because I am sick of seeing a thread with your name on it asking about the lag!

Daze
18 Dec 2008, 05:01am
SpikedRocker, I don't ask for much, but please... HURRY UP WITH THE ISSUE!!!!! Sorry about that anger.

It's not solely his issue to fix.

What I think is the problem:

Both dedicated servers are rented from the same company, one in Texas and one in Virginia. They're obviously experiencing some kind of network problem which is creating lag for the consumers.

Be patient, it will be fixed.

Henrik
18 Dec 2008, 08:24am
i hope the lag is killing me

Robfal
18 Dec 2008, 12:44pm
i hope the lag is killing me

lolwut?

Harpr33t
18 Dec 2008, 03:27pm
ahhh, guess ill have to wait the problem out. Hopes its done b4 Christmas.

TopCat
18 Dec 2008, 04:39pm
Stop making demands, trying to rush people to do your bidding will only make the situation worse.

Patience is a virtue you need to learn.

~Thanatos

Sorry about that. I guess I need more patience.

SpikedRocker
18 Dec 2008, 07:03pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12486

Please read this for all the answers.