PDA

View Full Version : predator mode?

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
13 Dec 2008, 06:16pm
anyone else here play farcry back on the xbox? anyone rember predator mode? well that gametype was the shit, and i was thinking mybe just mybe we could make that work for css.
if you never played heres what makes up predator mode:

a big human team( 8 players and up)

2 "predators" the player mdl doesnt matter but they need to be able to jump real high , be very fast, and have alot of health(1000-2000?), as well as have access to weapons, and unlimited respawns

a long map kinda like an escape map, with a sonic generator at the end that the humans have to reach and hold for about 2 min untill it kicks on and kills the predators.

so the whole thing is kinda like a giant zombie hunt level, except the zombies get guns:shocked:, humans really need to stick togather in order to reach the end and camp the gen. in order to kill the predator team for good.
I know i can make maps that would work like this. and zombie mod would, i belive be perfect for this, with a lil tweaking. so just an odd idea to think about. this game type is still one of my all time favs, and i was very sad to see it left out of the new farcry. (btw preds are not invisable)

Frostbyte
13 Dec 2008, 09:09pm
Sounds cool, I am gonna try to find some videos of the gameplay.

EDIT: I think I found one.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tWLd7Uxf88&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tWLd7Uxf88&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LVG
15 Dec 2008, 01:29am
I don't imagine that being to hard to make but it's really more of just "Predator" since in farcry it wasn't predator and are you saying use escape maps? i think the 2 preds would need more hp aswell

Sandstorm
15 Dec 2008, 06:19pm
i didnt see any actual gameplay in that video?

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
16 Dec 2008, 01:25am
i was more saying if a server would go up i would make my own maps. however in order to get a bunch of maps ready quickly, im sure many escape maps could be modifed for this game type with little trouble, as predator mode was similar to escape in many ways.

edit : lol plz dont let that video reflect on the actual gameplay =)