PDA

View Full Version : Admin votebans

airassault
9 Dec 2008, 04:10pm
Ok i have a problem and every admin i talk to says that u cant voteban and admin or you get banned i find it very unfair because admins sometimes freekill and they should get punished just like regular players do and they shouldnt get special privelages.They should have the same rights as regular players because its not fair that they could freekill u voteban then ur banned that is complete BullShi* and i want 2 no if it is a rule or what and if it is then that is really stupid cuz not many people voteban admins because their responsible and Thank you for reading this plz respond.

Daze
9 Dec 2008, 04:37pm
Voteban doesn't work for admins, Players cant ban "us" and we cant use the voteban feature to ban you.

Justice...
9 Dec 2008, 04:40pm
i think we can get votebanned. On some admins it says for example "cant find target '87'", but on some it actually says ""player" voted to ban justice. 5 votes remaining."
Also i dont think its bullshit that admins should not be votebanned. If an admin freekills/abuses, demo it. Admins are here to clean the server, and when people voteban them they cant do their job. Easier to demo it tbh

Axel
9 Dec 2008, 04:55pm
the votebans don't count against admins
thats why we voteban each other xD
we cannot voteban players either...
just the way it is
Admins know the rules so they shouldn't need to be votebanned...

SpikedRocker
9 Dec 2008, 05:20pm
If an admin is freekilling, take a demo and treat it like an admin complaint. Admins for no reason what should ever be breaking server rules. Admins are immune to votebans but they aren't immune from complaints featuring them breaking server rules.

Jaffa
9 Dec 2008, 05:42pm
I have evidence of Garfeidl being votebanned on prison break a few months ago

Justice...
9 Dec 2008, 05:44pm

w00t probably deserved it =) Wouldnt mind if you posted it (POST IT NOW!!)

Toxin
9 Dec 2008, 07:33pm

Well he wasn't an admin a few months ago. haha.

Jaffa
9 Dec 2008, 07:43pm
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7738/baalamotabeta0001xb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bubbles
9 Dec 2008, 09:53pm
If an admin is freekilling, take a demo and treat it like an admin complaint. Admins for no reason what should ever be breaking server rules. Admins are immune to votebans but they aren't immune from complaints featuring them breaking server rules.

then how did obez get votebanned?

Bubbles
9 Dec 2008, 10:01pm
know what this post is about? last night i was on pb with several admins, when airassault joined the server, rounds passed and he decided to voteban silent, i warn him not to voteban admins, because YES admins can be votebanned by the players, its happened to obez, the very next round he votebans beth for nothing, so i tell him again, do not voteban admins, and if he kept it up i would ban him, a few rounds pass, and he fucking votebans mNote. mNote said not to worry about it, because he didnt care, but me and 3 other admins on the server were ready and willing to do it.

Maxwelldon
10 Dec 2008, 12:00am
know what this post is about? last night i was on pb with several admins, when airassault joined the server, rounds passed and he decided to voteban silent, i warn him not to voteban admins, because YES admins can be votebanned by the players, its happened to obez, the very next round he votebans beth for nothing, so i tell him again, do not voteban admins, and if he kept it up i would ban him, a few rounds pass, and he fucking votebans mNote. mNote said not to worry about it, because he didnt care, but me and 3 other admins on the server were ready and willing to do it. Admins can ban people who abuse the voteban as far as I have been informed by higher ups couple weeks back.
I usually just get the SteamID's up and kick people who does that.

Tho, just as mentioned before in this thread.
If admins are breaking rules, please record demos, take screenshots and such for evidence and submit an admin complaint. Most likely the matter is going to be dealt with this way.

Repus
10 Dec 2008, 02:09am
admins couldn't get votebanned before, why now they can?

Bubbles
10 Dec 2008, 12:55pm
admin votebans dont count, so admins can voteban admins and it wouldnt mean anything, but players CAN voteban admins

Eldest
10 Dec 2008, 01:54pm
but players CAN voteban admins
Yeah I've noticed that, lmao

SpikedRocker
10 Dec 2008, 04:20pm
I was under the impression this was fixed but I guess it hasn't been. I guess I'll put that on my to-do list.

As far as this most recent incident. If any one can provide proof of this going down or any future incidence where regs are trying to voteban admins for no reason we will deal with them.

XeNo
11 Dec 2008, 01:34am
Whenever I'm in the server, and people see a rule breaker and all call him out to me saying 'omg ban him' I tell them I didn't see it. And if they decide to voteban him I let them.

Mainly because they're only banned for 2 hours, because it's only from that server.

I usually only let people voteban players when they see something I don't.

And if I ever get votebanned, I don't care that much, it hardly ever gets all the way to 0 votes left anyways.

SneakySnake
11 Dec 2008, 02:19pm
I was under the impression this was fixed but I guess it hasn't been. I guess I'll put that on my to-do list.

As far as this most recent incident. If any one can provide proof of this going down or any future incidence where regs are trying to voteban admins for no reason we will deal with them.

Nooooo plz dont fix it! Then I cant votebn obez anymore >< :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::r ant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Justice...
11 Dec 2008, 07:23pm
Player Carnage voted to ban [SG] Justice., 3 votes required
© ๖ۣۜ Spanky |l© 3 : no love?
(ADMIN) [SG] Justice.: nope
=-(VA)-=Gunnzer : voteban
*DEAD* [DG]SneakySnake : voteban
Player =-(VA)-=Gunnzer voted to ban [SG] Justice., 2 votes required
Player [DG]SneakySnake voted to ban [SG] Justice., 1 vote required
© ๖ۣۜ Spanky |l© 3 : voteban
(ADMIN) [SG] Justice.: NOO
Disconnect: Kicked and banned.

just happened, so yea, admins can get votebanned.
I KNOW I FAIL IF U SAY ANYTHING MEAN TO ME IMMA - REP U! OK :P

Robfal
11 Dec 2008, 07:47pm

errrrrrrr

FAIL

Dracula
11 Dec 2008, 08:00pm

A:Ownd
B:FAIL

Paul
11 Dec 2008, 08:13pm

Should of disconnected before the last person voted. Hope ya know that we cant reverse voteban's.

Justice...
11 Dec 2008, 08:29pm
Should of disconnected before the last person voted. Hope ya know that we cant reverse voteban's.

yea i know, and i know who is guilty :O can i ban them for abusing voteban, if i see them? =P

Loganator456
15 Dec 2008, 07:13pm
Like others have said, you can just post here in the admin complaints forum is you believe an admin deserves to be banned.

Justice...
15 Dec 2008, 08:05pm
Like others have said, you can just post here in the admin complaints forum is you believe an admin deserves to be banned.

if other peoples have said it, why do you reply + bump this? =P :bump::ban:

Bubbles
15 Dec 2008, 08:17pm
i still think it's bannable, or at least kickable, so the vote goes away

SpEeD
16 Dec 2008, 04:55am
Why is it not allowed? They are not above regular players, and you cant get a demo EVERYTIME and for the times you dont have it but the admin still did bad there is voteban, and if you can get the votes to voteban an admin it must be legit...

Mammal
16 Dec 2008, 09:00am

I think I joined it that =]
It wasn't in his admin name though and he was mic spamming =P

SpikedRocker
16 Dec 2008, 09:07am
Why is it not allowed? They are not above regular players, and you cant get a demo EVERYTIME and for the times you dont have it but the admin still did bad there is voteban, and if you can get the votes to voteban an admin it must be legit...

Its more so we know it happened. Most of the time we don't know who gets votebanned till they try to appeal and we can't find any info on the ban. Honestly if an admin does something to deserve a vote ban he/she also deserves a strike and we can only do that through admin complaints.

Bullet Wound
16 Dec 2008, 12:39pm
You can't ban a player for votebanning an admin, seeing as they are able to do it, its a feature. Admins can't voteban cause they have no need for it....they can just ban. And if an admin is succesfully votebanned than:

A- Hes being a douchbag and deserves it (or she)
B- The players are douchbags, in which case, there are many other servers they admin can go to

Justice...
16 Dec 2008, 01:49pm
You can't ban a player for votebanning an admin, seeing as they are able to do it, its a feature. Admins can't voteban cause they have no need for it....they can just ban. And if an admin is succesfully votebanned than:

B- The players are douchbags, in which case, there are many other servers they admin can go to

but we're allowed to kick? And i think admins should be allowed to voteban because for example there are reasons people can voteban, but admins cant ban, as a ban from admin is more serious than a voteban

tank40175
16 Dec 2008, 03:02pm

A- Get a demo, so it can be taken care of. If admins are abusing power/ rules they need to get strike. Not votebanned.
B- It's the admin's job to take care of douchebags, so servers are enjoyable for all players. So if players are being like this and abusing, then they need to taken care of.

Axel
16 Dec 2008, 04:53pm
This thread is old...
Please lock it
I think we all know admin votebans do not affect players
just as players votebans do not affect admins
If you have a complaint about it record it and post in admin complaint
End of discussion

Caution
16 Dec 2008, 08:28pm
just as players votebans do not affect admins

lol yea they do, how do you think obez and justice got votebanned? for some reason theres certain admins that cant be votebanned, like highsky. (already tried)

Bubbles
16 Dec 2008, 09:07pm
please read the thread axel, so many others have even given proof of voteban working on admins

Axel
17 Dec 2008, 06:43am
please read the thread axel, so many others have even given proof of voteban working on admins

I HAVE read the thread
If an admin can votebanned PM an AO about it and don't let all the players know you can be banned
Makes logical sense, yes?

Z3r0 M4ni4c
17 Dec 2008, 07:32am
I HAVE read the thread
If an admin can votebanned PM an AO about it and don't let all the players know you can be banned
Makes logical sense, yes?

you have a point there thats true.
But this topic was started because of the reason that its bannable if a player votebans an admin for no reason.
And it should be fixed a while back that an admin couldnt be votebanned.

But you still have a point :wink:

And killa_robot the reason why an admin also shouldnt be votebanned is more that admins are there to keep the servers clean from douchebags. Also the feature gets too much abused by certain players only to get the admin off the server so they can break rules.

And you know what happens by then the admin cant connect to help and people QQ and all drama because the admin doesnt come :wink:

As last thing, voteban can be disabled but its enabled so that players can also voteban players when there going out of control with mic spamming or spoiling the game.

Cranks
17 Dec 2008, 08:38am
Admins get votebanned we have done it to Obze so many times now (as a joke)

An admin can reset the vote count by kicking him or her's self. If any admin is abuseing it should be demo'd and posted the admin complaints forum.