PDA

View Full Version : Fall out 3 Short Review* PC

Metal
8 Dec 2008, 11:02am
* I'll edit my review when i get more time.

So if you haven't played fall out 3 your not missing that much.
The game takes place on a Wasteland in DC, and your a boy or girl from vault 101.
So you dad gets out and you follow him.

So the good point of this game is the free roam and free will.
you can do what ever you like, but after a while you get tried, of just walking.
The speed movement is crap, and the Combat needs work.

The gun battles are good, but what needs to be fixed is the head shooting.
If you get a sniper and shoot a guy in the head he wont die.

Moving on the to storyline
Its a great story don't get me wrong, but with over 200 endings, its so hard to get the true ending.

This game is ok and ill give is a 4/5 due to the fact of free roam and do what ever you want.

If you have a 360 or PS3 you should rent this, but if you don't, try to find someone with the game and try it for pc.

Robfal
8 Dec 2008, 11:25am
Yeah it's really a re-skinned Oblivion, but at the same time it's not. It's much less than Oblivion.

Frostbyte
8 Dec 2008, 01:17pm
* I'll edit my review when i get more time.

So if you haven't played fall out 3 your not missing that much.
The game takes place on a Wasteland in DC, and your a boy or girl from vault 101.
So you dad gets out and you follow him.

So the good point of this game is the free roam and free will.
you can do what ever you like, but after a while you get tried, of just walking.
The speed movement is crap, and the Combat needs work.

The gun battles are good, but what needs to be fixed is the head shooting.
If you get a sniper and shoot a guy in the head he wont die.

Moving on the to storyline
Its a great story don't get me wrong, but with over 200 endings, its so hard to get the true ending.

This game is ok and ill give is a 4/5 due to the fact of free roam and do what ever you want.

If you have a 360 or PS3 you should rent this, but if you don't, try to find someone with the game and try it for pc.

Just....no.
You might have played the first ten minutes of the game and made this conclusion.
*waits on havok*

Prozak
8 Dec 2008, 02:08pm
My friends said it was a good game but i have yet to play it

Astrum
12 Dec 2008, 08:05pm
My review would be much more harsh ;).

Hiphopopotomus
13 Dec 2008, 12:10pm
Fallout 3 is one of the best games thats come out in while...I dont know what your talking about 200 endings last time i checked there were like 4 or 5 and have you ever heard of addons...fixes all the problems you mentioned.

Robfal
13 Dec 2008, 12:14pm
I still didnt appreciate F3 as much as TES IV... That's why I can barely wait for the next Elder Scrolls installment.

Hiphopopotomus
13 Dec 2008, 12:19pm
Which one was IV...was the Oblivion or Morrowind. I need to play morrowind ugh.

Gumpy
13 Dec 2008, 03:25pm
It would be cool if you could become a werewolf in Oblivion, like in Morrowind....

I really like Fallout, but for some reason every time I fire a railway rifle in vats it crashes my game. :weird:

Hiphopopotomus
13 Dec 2008, 04:11pm
I never got the railway but i did the flamebouge or whatever....the flame sword

Wrathek
13 Dec 2008, 05:15pm
i got both, the flame sword is my personal favorite for mowing down BoS members for their weapons and armor

i think the railway rifle is on of my favorite weapons, second only to the Experimental M.I.R.V.

Metal
13 Dec 2008, 09:31pm
i beat the game and im going to say it was a good game it was just to slow for me

Robfal
13 Dec 2008, 09:50pm
I havent really used any other weapon other than the hunting rifle. It feels like a good weapon to me.

Frostbyte
13 Dec 2008, 11:07pm
I have the 2 best hunting rifles, Lincolns repeater (fires magnum rounds) and Ol'Faithful, which I got from the republic of Dave, the most epic place ever.

Robfal
13 Dec 2008, 11:22pm
I have the 2 best hunting rifles, Lincolns repeater (fires magnum rounds) and Ol'Faithful, which I got from the republic of Dave, the most epic place ever.

I CAN HAS PLZ?!?!

where did you find the repeater?

Mercy
14 Dec 2008, 07:07am
How did you people get all this cool stuff =(, i just beat the game yesterday and all i had is a pencil and some cokes...

Hiphopopotomus
14 Dec 2008, 07:28am
Dude you find good stuff all over the place...kill one enclave soldier and your set for life...and by the way you should realllllllly try the addons, they come with lots of good stuff and allow you to continue after the Purifier thingy.

Robfal
14 Dec 2008, 10:00am
rofl.
I CAN HAS ADDONS PLZ?

where do i find em?

Mercy
14 Dec 2008, 10:02am
You google the addons, just type fallout 3 addons i guess. I got a bunch of addons for oblivion before like that =).
oooo, http://www.fileplanet.com/194521/190000/fileinfo/Fallout-3---Fileplanet-Addon-Pack-v1.5 that addon lets you play even if you do the last quest.

Robfal
14 Dec 2008, 10:03am
You google the addons, just type fallout 3 addons i guess. I got a bunch of addons for oblivion before like that =).

like the nekkid wimmenz addons????:dance:

Hiphopopotomus
14 Dec 2008, 01:54pm
Hah i had that one for Oblivion and i just played Morrowind and i wanted to puke...couldnt even hit anything so i died from a worm...yeah just about all kinds of stuff is good in those addons...if you have ever seen my spray of the hello kitty power armor, thats where i got it.

PotshotPolka
14 Dec 2008, 04:34pm
This game was funner imo than Oblivion, even if the missions were about the same. Only thing is that the replay value after beating it drops unless you box it for a year so that you can rediscover things. But half the fun of it was stumbling into places like the canibal suburb and going WTF.

Also DO NOT USE CONSOLE CHEATS, GOD MODE RUINS THE GAME. And using the Liberty Laser is just pointless, the result is like watching 200 McRibs getting blown up by C4.

Mercy
14 Dec 2008, 04:43pm
Can someone please tell me where i can find cool weapons and maybe armor in fallout =)

Hiphopopotomus
14 Dec 2008, 05:01pm
Um wow where to start like all over the place...under bridges in sewers, there really isnt a place without a special something in it

h3adsh0t
14 Dec 2008, 07:41pm
I think it was a kewl game by the looks i dont know for sure

Eversmen
14 Dec 2008, 10:11pm
I loved the game, the graphics and gameplay were amazing. But, I was pretty disappointed at the end. It just seemed...rushed, especially how fast you found your father. Also, ***!SPOILER!***: I don't understand why you have to die at the end.. Why would Bethesda want an RPG, to just END, after the main storyline?***!END SPOILER!*** I mean most RPGs, I stick to the main storyline untill I get frustrated cause I'm not powerful enough to go any farther, so I start doing Side Missions. But, in this case you were fine, it wasn't really like Oblivion, which was insanely long. I know, you can get addons and such to keep playing, but most don't. I don't know, it just seemed weird to not be able to freelance after an RPG is done I guess.

Modgers1
15 Dec 2008, 06:15pm
I've had my fun with it, but I'm just glad I didn't have to buy it.

-Modgers

Omar
16 Dec 2008, 05:43am
OMFG I CANT FIND THE DAMN PLACE WHERE YOU TRAIN FOR POWER SUIT, GOD DAMMIT, I've looked everywhere and can you please make a vid that starts from GNR that goes to that place for training, i'm in the escape tunnel when you escape after enclave guys kill your daddy.

daddyy....
:dance::dance:

Eversmen
16 Dec 2008, 08:09am
OMFG I CANT FIND THE DAMN PLACE WHERE YOU TRAIN FOR POWER SUIT, GOD DAMMIT, I've looked everywhere and can you please make a vid that starts from GNR that goes to that place for training, i'm in the escape tunnel when you escape after enclave guys kill your daddy.

daddyy....
:dance::dance:

Well the only way I know is to make it to the part in the storyline missions. Where you take reffuge in the Brotherhood of Steel fortress and ask around in there. Thats how I got it anyhow. make it to the part in the main storyline

Omar
16 Dec 2008, 09:39am
nvm, finished the whole thing, it sucked balls. I didn't even reach to half of the fucking perks.... god dammit........ the game is so lame, there should be no fame in this lame ass game (RIming here...)

Robfal
16 Dec 2008, 03:36pm
You gotta go to the Pentagon for that shit and talk to one of the gunnery sergeants.

Hiphopopotomus
17 Dec 2008, 06:14pm
The game story was kinda gay but thankfully i heard good news....They are going to release maps that go with fallout 3 but they take place in the different areas...such as Alaska and various other areas...HAPPY FACE

SpEeD
18 Dec 2008, 03:12pm
The game story was kinda gay but thankfully i heard good news....They are going to release maps that go with fallout 3 but they take place in the different areas...such as Alaska and various other areas...HAPPY FACE

holy shit i heard about that and JIZZED IN MY PANTS

Hiphopopotomus
18 Dec 2008, 04:35pm
Yeah i had made a load large enough to fertilize a couple thousand eggs....If any others want to see some proof here http://fidgit.com/archives/2008/11/fallout-3-to-be-continued-in-n.php

Gumpy
20 Dec 2008, 11:50am
I got all radiated... being good sucks.

Frostbyte
20 Dec 2008, 07:06pm
Being evil is definitely better. Financially and just for laughs.

What's funnier than watching a starving wastelander try to run away from a mini nuclear missile being catapulted at them?

Sneaking up to a random wastland merchant from behind and punching his brahmin in the asshole with a power fist. And then robbing him.

Hiphopopotomus
20 Dec 2008, 07:34pm
No whats is more fun is the second you get out of the vault and going into megaton and killing every adult and child there.

Mercy
21 Dec 2008, 05:42am
I beat the game as bad, and just restarted as good. There are way more things to do if you go good, more quests and the game extends so you can play it for longer. I beat the whole game in a day as bad and now as good im like 20% into it and played it for 2 days already.

Hiphopopotomus
21 Dec 2008, 05:49am
Actually Havok you can kill children with an addon....

Mercy
21 Dec 2008, 09:16am
I don't get why they don't let us kill the children with out the addon though :/

Dracula
21 Dec 2008, 10:05am
And the mods come flooding out.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/categories.php

Mercy
21 Dec 2008, 12:42pm
Hey Dracula thanks for that website =)