PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch

Lux
7 Dec 2008, 06:48am
I'm thinking of getting one of these for Xmas...

I'll settle for the 8gb version, because the others are far too expensive, and I'm happy to have all my songs, and delete games when I'm bored of them so I have space for others.

I wanted to know what people thought of the general package of an Iphone. I would compare it to a PSP, but does anyone think it is better?

Chêvouÿx
7 Dec 2008, 06:59am
I've shared the 8GB iPod Touch with my dad since May.

It's amazing; just like the iPhone but minus the phone and monthly fees. Once you get used to the touch aspect of it all, it is truly nifty compared to its counterparts.

Although, I will say this: If you're more of a song kind of guy, go 8GB. But, if you're more of a video kind of person (like watching the local UK t.v. shows :dance: ) save up for the 32GB.

Avro:usa2:

Modgers1
7 Dec 2008, 07:09am
I'm thinking of getting one of these for Xmas...

I'll settle for the 8gb version, because the others are far too expensive, and I'm happy to have all my songs, and delete games when I'm bored of them so I have space for others.

I wanted to know what people thought of the general package of an Iphone. I would compare it to a PSP, but does anyone think it is better?

Well if you're talking about an iPHONE, don't bother and just get the t-Mobile G1.

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

-Modgers

Daze
7 Dec 2008, 07:54am
But, if you're more of a video kind of person (like watching the local UK t.v. shows :dance: ) save up for the 32GB.

Avro:usa2:

or 16GB...

Dependant on how much your going to use it, if you have a long journey to college. Other than that when are you going to use it when the novelty wears off?.

Zero001
7 Dec 2008, 08:17am
I have the 32GB version, and it's an awesome piece of hardware to carry around. The apps available come in handy from time to time, and it's hard to beat as portable entertainment.

StrykerSwat
7 Dec 2008, 08:42am
idk i think the iTouch is dumb because later on it might scratch break kinda easily and if u want it for the internet don't even bother since the internet is going to be like the Mobile websites not the real ones

I got a iPod Classic and boy it has about 80GB and its good since i just use it for songs, maybe i will get games for it later on but for now i think iPod Classic has more memory if u have a bunch of selections/CDs in ur room or online that u bought

iTouch look ok but it cost too much, plus i rather get a PS3 for Blu-Ray since there gonna stop making DVDs and Blu-Ray will be the new thing for this generation of technology, maybe later on i will get a iTouch but now since i might be getting a PS3,and later on gonna ask my brother to buy me this sweet graphics card :D
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4209965&Sku=P450-9830

Lux
7 Dec 2008, 09:19am
Well if you're talking about an iPHONE, don't bother and just get the t-Mobile G1.

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

-Modgers

Oh I meant the Itouch. I have a really old phone and I haven't used £10 of credit in 2 years, so I really don't need any monthly fee or expensive phone, just something that rings.

I really am not going to watch videos on my touch, because I can not think of many times when I will need to. But I will put a few games on it....Wouldn't mind knowing how to jailbreak it from someone I can trust.

GOD
8 Dec 2008, 06:57pm
too little storage imo, i have around 80gb of music and i definately feel the limits of 8gb. its annoying to have to remove and add new music. though if you only have 8gb of music then go for it. overall the one thing i find annoying is that i cant delete apps on the go (perhaps i just dont know how?). overall i dont use it for anything other than music and internet. there is no flash video on the internet though fyi so you cant do everything you want but its still nice to have internet.

SpEeD
9 Dec 2008, 07:37pm
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92404

that will help you jailbreak it, thank god i have a brother that can do it, that looks hard to me... or im just dumb... or both...

hellfury
21 Dec 2008, 09:03pm
the ipod touch is a great device with the the newest and updated firmware however I would recommend going up to 16GB. 8GB goes faster than you can realize even if you dont think so now.

Lux
25 Dec 2008, 04:07am
Well I got the 8gb Itouch, and apparently it only holds 7gb :angry:

Put about 1gb of music on it, so I have about 6gb to burn on other "stuff"...

I've been trying to connect to the internet for quite a while now. I go into settings, turn wi-fi on, select my modem....put correct password in yet it still doesn't work???

Everything seems right, but it doesn't let me go on the internetz:confused1:

SpEeD
27 Dec 2008, 03:28pm
have you selected yes, then selected your modem when it loads undernneath press it then wait for the 3 signal bars to appear on the top left bar

Zero001
27 Dec 2008, 07:03pm
Typing this from the touch while at my sisters house. Connecting to the net should be easy. Just find the proper connection under the settings menu.

hellfury
28 Dec 2008, 04:45pm
I told you you should have got the 16GB

Lux
28 Dec 2008, 05:30pm
You told me that, but I don't need it.

All my songs added up to under 1gb, and after about 40 downloaded apps, I only took up another 400mb??? I really don't need that amount :dance:

Dannen
29 Dec 2008, 03:42pm
I purchased an iPod Touch a few months ago to try some things out. I learned that you needed to pay $10 to actually get the upgrade to buy apps so in my anger I jailbroke my iPod. This was very cool as I was able to change the way my apps looked and the charging icon. After exploring iTunes I noticed there were much better apps being sold for free, I then unjailbroke my iPod Touch then hacked it to version 2.0. After a month of getting bored of it I returned it then bought and Xbox 360 xD

I know. Fail