PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Phones!!! Need help!!!

Born to Pwn
6 Dec 2008, 10:13am
Hey everyone that has Verizon Wireless plans and phones, I need suggestions for a new phone! I'll take any suggestions, and price isn't an option, only restrictions are: NO DECOY OR VOYAGER.

Thanks!

Trogdor
6 Dec 2008, 10:22am
I have been monitoring Verizons website because I too, need a new phone. The two that I picked were the env2 and glyde. Glyde- Touchscreen,QWERTY. Downside is if you dont handle your possesions very well, it isn't very sturdy. Env2- More battery power, Qwerty. Really unique design. Big buttons on the front so it minimizes mistakes and the flip up aspect is cool.

My Choice (and hopefully my phone)- Glyde

SpikedRocker
6 Dec 2008, 11:51am
My next phone is gonna be a pda/smartphone. Either blackberry or palm...leaning towards blackberry.

Zero001
6 Dec 2008, 12:17pm
- BlackBerry Curve
- LG enV2
- Samsung Glyde

Nothing really stands out as a gotta have phone for Verizon.

Trogdor
6 Dec 2008, 01:21pm
My next phone is gonna be a pda/smartphone. Either blackberry or palm...leaning towards blackberry.

Which Blackberry? Nobody I know has a Storm yet. The iPhone rave is still going on.

SpikedRocker
6 Dec 2008, 02:26pm
Storm would be nice but I can't afford one of those. I am kinda waiting to see where prices goes in the next few months. I'm in no rush.

matt 187
6 Dec 2008, 03:27pm
blackberry storm touch screen =]

Blank
6 Dec 2008, 04:06pm
I have the XV6800. Windows Mobile 6.0, Wifi, EVDO, Word, Excell, Powerpoint, slide-out full qwerty keyboard. Basically a PDA and a phone smashed together. No built-in GPS, but If I can find a reasonably priced Bluetooth GPS receiver, Google maps (freeware) will give turn by turn directions.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3411&changingCompletedOrder=

Very happy with this phone. The only problem is that it does not have a raised button keypad, its all touchscreen. Unless the person you are wanting to call is in your directory, its very difficult to dial numbers while driving since the touchscreen numbers are small.

Trogdor
6 Dec 2008, 04:46pm
I have the XV6800. Windows Mobile 6.0, Wifi, EVDO, Word, Excell, Powerpoint, slide-out full qwerty keyboard. Basically a PDA and a phone smashed together.

Wow nice phone. I dont know if it suites his purposes though. Seems more like a full-blown business tool. Dont get me wrong, it looks like a GREAT phone.

Born to Pwn
7 Dec 2008, 05:32pm
I have been monitoring Verizons website because I too, need a new phone. The two that I picked were the env2 and glyde. Glyde- Touchscreen,QWERTY. Downside is if you dont handle your possesions very well, it isn't very sturdy. Env2- More battery power, Qwerty. Really unique design. Big buttons on the front so it minimizes mistakes and the flip up aspect is cool.

My Choice (and hopefully my phone)- Glyde

I've been looking at the site, and been liking the Glyde, and LG Dare. Also, get the Glyde over the Env2, Env2's hinge breaks very easily, and have seen people have em at school, that don't like em.

So, I'm leaning towards the Glyde or LG Dare right now. If I can convice my parents to spend the extra $20 bucks for the BlackBerry package that you HAVE to get, I would definitely get the Storm.

Thanks for all the input guys! It's greatly appreciated!

Born to Pwn
13 Dec 2008, 10:16am
Well I ended up getting the Dare, and I must say, it's fucking awesome!