PDA

View Full Version : ze_ATIX_rush b1

Jaffa
3 Dec 2008, 07:41am
Ok, this is gonna be off the top of my head, seeing as i'm bored at work! (i'm just gonna list likes/dislikes/suggestions)

Vehicles: I really like the idea of the vehicules, especially with the drawbridge at the end to drive them to near safety, my main gripe is that often people glitch out of them and die, hopefully this is something which will be solved in future versions.

Lighting: Many players complain about how dark the map is, it would be good to make it a bit brighter, maybe with street lights/flood lights (especially near the end, where flood light swould really suit a defensive point)

Drawbridge/progression to end:

Currently, the drawbridge is raised and lowered by pressing switches either side, issue here is that with player control, it goes up and down a lot, and also everyone expects to cross the bridge, rather than using the sides (with the one side only openable doors). I would much prefer to see a tmer, or something similar to the bridge rising/lowering, and maybe making the side routes more obvious to players (especially as most don;t relise they can use them until they reach the bridge).

Boats: I haven't seen driveable boats before on a map, and these seem to drive well (same issue though with glitching players). It would be good if there was a console message letting defenders know when the wall preventing the boats form leaving is fully lowered, so they know when to fall back and don't get screwed by teammates leaving early.

Nuke:

Currently the nuke launches when a human enters the bunker (as soon as he enters) this means that if one boat is slower, most of them die, and also gives zombies little time to try and get in. If there was a button and maybe a time delay before the nuke, it would make the end on some rounds more competitive. Also, zombies cannot open the bunker, which means that they reach there and are stuck (as there is no ladder from the water back up to the end defense point). This means they have to ztele to go back and get the humans.

Routes:

Lastly, the humans seem to be quite limited in routes to take to the end by foot, these being the ground route and the walkway. One problem is that the walkway only lasts for a short while, meanign the crowds do merge, and a zombie spawn at front can screw everyone over. So i'd like to see 1-2 more routes to spread every out a bit more.

I hope this is all useful to your map ATIX (if you even read this :P), i would post some suggestions on fpsbanana, but i can't seem to find the map on there (is it posted anywhere else where feedback can be given?)

ATIX
4 Dec 2008, 01:01am
Thanks Jaffa for your massive feedback, fortunately I do come around these forums once in a while, and no most of my beta maps aren't available on fpsbanana, initially the main city of this map was created for the hl2 mod zombie master so this is just a test map as most of my maps are. Natalya will be creating a different version with vehicles escape style, but I will still come back on this map and improve it as it isn't priority. Right now I'm still working on atix_heli 2 (the name will change) and my mall escape map as well a ultimate last version of extinction which is pretty much it. Servers admins can feel free to remove it from the server if they want, and thanks for taking the time to post about my map (:

Jaffa
4 Dec 2008, 02:00am
I'm looking forward to these two new escape maps, especially if they will be as good as helicopter and panic :)

Paul
5 Dec 2008, 07:32am
Want to tell us how to get to the choppa atix? :001_smile:

Maybe in a PM? =D

Jaffa
5 Dec 2008, 04:12pm
None oof the secret vehicules are accessible (at least i've been told)

MoreThanAPumpkinEater
8 Dec 2008, 03:40am
Cool. It will be fun being a noob again on two new maps.

Trond
8 Dec 2008, 03:43am
More maps from Atix please. I love zm_ATIX_panic_b3.

Zargotelc
9 Dec 2008, 07:22pm
Great map. Only thing is I had to lower my graphics to low to run it , and even then there's some lag. That's what I get for having an integrated video card though. Shader 2.0. :/

Paul
9 Dec 2008, 07:26pm
I want to get into those hidden vehicles :dance:

Couldnt find any teleport sports with using the "showtriggers" command :angry: