PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Climb Challenge!!!

SpikedRocker
2 Dec 2008, 05:08pm
This month our competition is on our Climb server! For the next 3 fridays at 2300 GMT / 6 PM ET we are gonna climb till our fingers fall off! We are gonna have a fresh, new, and challenging map.

Scoring will be done by who completes the map first or who is furthest along after time has expired.

For first place, 25 pts. 2nd - 23pts, 3rd-16th will get 21-9 pts.

The timelimit will be set when we decide which map to use based on difficulty and estimated time to complete.

Prize is still TBD and will be awarded after the first of the year due to the holidays.

For those who are wondering about Gun Game, it will still be going on. We've moved it to Thursdays (prize still TBD) and will be ran at the same times. You will find a post about it here: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=127106#post127106. Till then get practicing on our climb server.

Jaffa
2 Dec 2008, 05:26pm
Will there be event messages for each session from the steam group?

Daze
2 Dec 2008, 05:32pm
Will there be event messages for each session from the steam group?

Sure will be.

Born to Pwn
2 Dec 2008, 05:42pm
Darn, wish it was on reg cs or something! lol. :) I can't crouch jump if my life depended on it! D:

Paul
2 Dec 2008, 06:04pm
<3 climb from time to time, will be good, but I know I will try and rush the map and end up falling :laugh:.

Also you should disable the !cp script when the event's are taking place, otherwise it would be pointless as you could just go back where you fell.

Modgers1
2 Dec 2008, 07:07pm
I'll totally partake in this if I have some spare time during the week! Great idea Spiked!

-Modgers

Metal
2 Dec 2008, 07:11pm
Do you have to be SG?
if not im in

Daze
2 Dec 2008, 07:40pm
Do you have to be SG?
if not im in

Anyone can play, bring your friends.

Chobber
2 Dec 2008, 11:47pm
Im so in if I can make it at!!

Now heres something I know how to do! Jumping ftw - shooting ftl!!! xD

And I agree on disabling the !cp script..!

Caution
3 Dec 2008, 12:00am
this idea is fucking great, thanks spiked. will it just be one map per friday?

Tcp-Kill
3 Dec 2008, 12:49am
pfft. XC, easy.

Look forward to it!

XeNo
3 Dec 2008, 01:05am
If it's a new challenge climb map...Probably should have !cp or at least have !cp limited to only 20 uses or something.

New maps no one has played on, if there's a jump where you have to go around a corner...Generally everyone is going to miss it and fall. Then we have to start all over.

Some maps are glitchy and require boosts for the jumps as well, or is the maximum distance away to jump, which almost no one gets first try.

If there's no !cp of any kind I probably won't be joining. It would be a falling fest.

Daze
3 Dec 2008, 01:14am
New maps are going to be tested until we have a suitable one due to the fact that presaved teleports can be used from the last time you played the particular map, removing !cp would be ridiculous, imagine 95% completing an hour long challenge then falling? Equals rage quit.

Mystique
3 Dec 2008, 01:41am
Nooo don't disable it! I will fail if u will disable it!

Great idea tho :)

Jaffa
3 Dec 2008, 01:59am
what maps will we be doing? if we do do it without !cp, please don't pick maps like slicery, which are made with !cp in mind!

Marquis Posa
3 Dec 2008, 02:43am
cool, just dont forget to disable !unghost, because people could abuse it.

Metal
3 Dec 2008, 05:35am
I'm sorry to be posting again, but will there be a list due to the fact of the 16 slots

Maxwelldon
3 Dec 2008, 05:54am
I'd probably participate otherwise but I'm no good under pressure.. Have notice that a bit too often when racing with my friends or so on..

SpikedRocker
3 Dec 2008, 06:02am
cool, just dont forget to disable !unghost, because people could abuse it.

I am not sure I can do this, I will take a gander at the cfg to see what we can and cannot do. At this point, I plan to use the !cp commands cause if its a long ass map we'd never finish.

I'm sorry to be posting again, but will there be a list due to the fact of the 16 slots

A list for? I do not know how many people to expect, if we have a full server for most of the time I will consider adding a session or hold another session on Saturday, but for now lets see how this first one goes.

this idea is fucking great, thanks spiked. will it just be one map per friday?

Yes. 1 map for each week. The plan is an hour before I will announce the map selection so people can download it, I will upload it right before the competition is selected to start so everyone can get on the same even playing field as we can.

Maxwelldon
3 Dec 2008, 06:09am
Spiked, just make a copy of current !CP script and change the "!ghost" and "!unghost" commands and remove them from the "!CP" list.
That should do it

SpikedRocker
3 Dec 2008, 06:10am
I figured it would be as much, but I just haven't dove into it yet.

Paul
3 Dec 2008, 09:59am
I figured it would be as much, but I just haven't dove into it yet.

If you are going to use the !cp menu, make sure you use brand new maps that have never been on the server before. Because if you used maps that are allready on the server, then people may allready have checkpoints saved at the end. :laugh:

Cranks
3 Dec 2008, 11:14am
Im in.

SpEeD
3 Dec 2008, 11:34am
Ill win i guess.....

Lux
3 Dec 2008, 04:25pm
I'll compete, and I'm sure I will do ok............. :001_smile:

Trogdor
3 Dec 2008, 05:31pm
I wish I could. I got wrestling practice =/. Seems like a good idea, hope it goes well.

XeNo
3 Dec 2008, 09:51pm
If you are going to use the !cp menu, make sure you use brand new maps that have never been on the server before. Because if you used maps that are allready on the server, then people may allready have checkpoints saved at the end. :laugh:

Already been discussed here dude, read the thread man. Lol.

Lux
4 Dec 2008, 11:28am
Er does this start tommorow???

If so thats a shame....because I'll be at a wedding :angry:

Daze
4 Dec 2008, 11:33am
Er does this start tommorow???

If so thats a shame....because I'll be at a wedding :angry:

Yup, bummer

SpikedRocker
4 Dec 2008, 12:38pm
Well I have found a solution for our !CP issue. I can remove that maps db file that saves everyones spot, I'll save it on my computer, so when we are done i'll replace it so it will go back to normal.

SpikedRocker
5 Dec 2008, 07:31pm
NOTICE:

We are canceling this competition. We've found it too easy to cheat and no quick way to prevent it.

We appologize for this and are currently forumulating a big competition for January. If you have an idea for us please send a PM to myself, daZe, Beth or LVG. We are taking all ideas.

Jaffa
6 Dec 2008, 01:00am
people using the spectate exploit?

JoniX
6 Dec 2008, 05:18am
But you can see who goes spec and then back to ct. Then just Ban him/her from competition.

Paul
6 Dec 2008, 06:16am
people using the spectate exploit?

No, they were using the save in mid air point. Then you run a jump and press forward to get you accross long jumps. It gives you a forward boost.

SpEeD
6 Dec 2008, 01:55pm
i luv doing that, but cant 2-3 judges in spec watch them and kick them for doing it or make them take a 1 minute timeout

MoreThanAPumpkinEater
9 Dec 2008, 03:34am
LOL disable the !cp script on xc_flow. See how many people get frustrated. But hey it would be a fun map to do.

Ya im in disabling the !cp script. But i will try to make it.

Mystique
9 Dec 2008, 03:49am
LOL disable the !cp script on xc_flow. See how many people get frustrated. But hey it would be a fun map to do.

Ya im in disabling the !cp script. But i will try to make it.

Disabling the !cp script idea was already blown off the table and if you have read closely, the tournament got cancelled...

MasterkennyG
9 Dec 2008, 07:22am
chienne Je me souviens quand je tirés de la crème de la crème des grimpeurs ... jen

elle m'a tendu la façon de staif et de l'amour de la montée serveur .. im va vas te faire encule mecs sur cette merde

putain de mettre sur .. o et traikle également parler en français dans votre forum juste pour les postes anoy les autres personnes dans le forum .. Je veux dire simplement im allons continuer à parler français jusqu'à là comme mon dieu o putain arrêter!

ooo attendre la putain de tournoi a annulé ... putain de dieu .. dammit visage triste !@!!!!!!!!!!

Mystique
9 Dec 2008, 07:31am
chienne Je me souviens quand je tirés de la crème de la crème des grimpeurs ... jen

elle m'a tendu la façon de staif et de l'amour de la montée serveur .. im va vas te faire encule mecs sur cette merde

putain de mettre sur .. o et traikle également parler en français dans votre forum juste pour les postes anoy les autres personnes dans le forum .. Je veux dire simplement im allons continuer à parler français jusqu'à là comme mon dieu o putain arrêter!

Why can't u just post in english like everyone else??? Hate to use my dictionary!

Suri
9 Dec 2008, 09:37am

ooo attendre la putain de tournoi a annulé ... putain de dieu .. dammit visage triste !@!!!!!!!!!!

Stop trying to be THAT GUY!
http://www.vandenberg.af.mil/shared/media/ggallery/hires/AFG-070725-003.jpg