PDA

View Full Version : Change Regular CS Server into a Minigames Server No.2?

Paul
30 Nov 2008, 04:06pm
Over the last few months the regular conter strike server that we have has been completely dead. It used to be the way to attain the «SG.Reg» Tag, but no one has been able to get this, as the server is allways empty.

However the way to attain the «SG.Reg» tag has changed (New way to become «SG.Reg» tag (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11886)), so this server is sitting here with 30 slots being wasted. The average player count over the last month on this server was:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6779/22cp5.jpg

The average player count this week:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7745/noofplayersxo7.th.jpg
The highest amount of players this week on at one time was 8.

As the minigames server is allways full the majority of the times and especially on popular maps. I think we should put all the so called 'popular' maps onto a new 20 slot mini games server. This would allow other players to join the 2nd server when the first one is full and becuase the more popular maps will be on this server, then there shouldnt be much of a problem keeping it full.

This also leaves a spare 10 slots to use on a different server too.

Please choose 'yes' if you would like to see this be changed to minigames #2 or 'no' if you would like to keep the normal CS Server.

LVG
30 Nov 2008, 04:30pm
I dunno im stumped on this one i like Minigames but i also like Normal CS:s in a while

Born to Pwn
30 Nov 2008, 05:39pm
I say no. Minigames is fun and all, but every community has to have atleast 1 regular server! If anything, I say make it 24/7 d2 or office.

Just my 2 cents.

Jaffa
30 Nov 2008, 05:43pm
I think one minigame server is more than enough, i'd rather see something differnet for a new server. If the reg css server has been empty, we should take it upon ourselves to get it popular again.

Gungame, zombie hell, breakfloor and Napalm are often empty, so we could replace one of those with another minigame server.

Justice...
30 Nov 2008, 05:57pm
i personally hate normal, but no i dont want the normal server to be removed or changed. As said; every community has 1, and also; 1 minigame server is enough. If its full all the time, too bad for you. Get supporter or wait in line

matt 187
30 Nov 2008, 06:30pm
mini!!!! :laugh:

Eversmen
30 Nov 2008, 09:09pm
I think we should change it to minigames #2. I do agree, every community should have atleast 1 regular CS:S server, but if we don't use it, what's the point of keeping it?

Tcp-Kill
1 Dec 2008, 06:08am
I probably would like to see it changed, but the thing is, i don't think we could have 2 FULL MG servers, i think 1 is fine. I know haggard will 100% keep reg cs.

Jaffa
1 Dec 2008, 06:11am
we've had 15 votes, yet only 8 posts including pauls...

Guys we need contribution to the discussion if we are going to make an informed decision about this!

Axel
1 Dec 2008, 06:38am
This shouldn't be changed...
People who want sg reg tags NEED that server
Otherwise they'd go elsewhere to get the plinks
keep it as it is...
Voted : NO!
Just my view though

Paul
1 Dec 2008, 07:06am
keep it as it is...
Just my view though

If you would have read through my first post you would of read that there is a NEW WAY to get the SG.Reg tag. You need 100 Napalm kills; hence the regular CS server allways being empty/ wasting slots.

Wrathek
1 Dec 2008, 12:16pm
i voted no but after thought just count one of those nos as a yes.

do whatever brings the most people in. personally i love that server, but i personally have noticed how empty its been, it makes me sad, it used to be full nearly 24/7, not sure what happend, but either fix it to get full again, or just change to something that fills up.

Suri
1 Dec 2008, 03:24pm
I think one minigame server is more than enough, i'd rather see something differnet for a new server. If the reg css server has been empty, we should take it upon ourselves to get it popular again.

Gungame, zombie hell, breakfloor and Napalm are often empty, so we could replace one of those with another minigame server.

Gun Game wont be replaced. We can always get that server full if 3 or 4 regs join it. And we are using it for a comp each month anyway. ZombieHell has been shutdown for weeks now. Maybe even a month. It is now the Trikz server. Napalm will never go anywhere. It was a great server and still can be one. We just need to get the setting back on it like they were. And breakfloor. We people still play on it even though it's fail.

I don't see why we could not do another Mini game server. Or maybe a 2nd Deathrun server. We have two PB servers why not another one of these two. Or maybe just create a server with a fun script on it like lazertag. But let's use the server for something.

andre1028
1 Dec 2008, 03:32pm
Or maybe just create a server with a fun script on it like lazertag. But let's use the server for something.

Hide and Seek.

Suri
1 Dec 2008, 03:35pm
Hide and Seek.

We already did that and it lasted maybe 3 days and then no one wanted to play on it.

Jaffa
1 Dec 2008, 04:25pm
I just think everyone seems to want to make an effort to keep most of our servers active, except for our reg server, which rarely seems to get any kinda of active effort to fill it anymore. We used to be able to fill it simply by getting a few regs/admins in and putting an event on the steamgroup. I would like to see this return, as its great to have a server full of people we know playing, ratehr than have to go elesewhere to play reg css.

Eversmen
1 Dec 2008, 04:58pm
keep it as it is...
Just my view though

Haggard changed the regular requirements. Instead of regular CS:S, it's in order to get the tag, you have to get 100 kills on napalm.

EDIT: Nevermind..lol..didn't realise Paul had already posted this.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11886

Daze
1 Dec 2008, 05:11pm
What about giving Escape 1 10 extra slots if it's on the same dedicated? it's the most popular ZE server around, pretty much always full, never empty. Then make a 20 slot second DR/MG.

Jaffa
1 Dec 2008, 07:23pm
I think if you added more lsots to escape you'd get performance issues for many players, plus many maps would seem even more overcrowded.

Paul
1 Dec 2008, 08:03pm
What about giving Escape 1 10 extra slots if it's on the same dedicated? it's the most popular ZE server around, pretty much always full, never empty. Then make a 20 slot second DR/MG.

Escape is allready laggy at 40 slots.

JoniX
5 Dec 2008, 06:32pm
http://warcraft-source.com/board/

Paul
5 Dec 2008, 06:52pm
In-conclusive.

We will have to try and get people back onto the regular cs server.

Maybe having events that pop up in steam community like we used to do.

Jaffa
6 Dec 2008, 01:01am
now that the climb challenge is cancelled, we could do a reg css competition, or something like that?

Repus
6 Dec 2008, 02:27am
V.I.P escape i still stand for it!

Mammal
6 Dec 2008, 06:11am
I love regular css but I JUST CAN'T PLAY IT!
This is because the SG server is american, why be at a disadvantage and lag when playing when I can just go to an EU based server and play without lag?
As for minigames two, don't, the minigames is more of less full, but if their is two it would spread out the playerbase for minigames and mabye result in less players on each server.

Axel
6 Dec 2008, 06:55am
Haggard changed the regular requirements. Instead of regular CS:S, it's in order to get the tag, you have to get 100 kills on napalm.

EDIT: Nevermind..lol..didn't realise Paul had already posted this.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11886

Didn't know that rofl
Well
I say we either get a new minigame server with the maps MOST players like...
You get some moaning noobs on the minigame server always asking to rtv right away...
In anycase
Changing the regular might be a good move...