PDA

View Full Version : Votemute

TopCat
30 Nov 2008, 05:35am
Can we have a votemute command on the mini game server? I remember it was on the Titties and Beer servers, but I'd like a votemute command on your servers cause I don't feel like banning or kicking noobs who chat so much.

barackobama
30 Nov 2008, 05:44am
You can't mute,ban,kick someone because they talk to much, that would be abusing the system....

Toxin
30 Nov 2008, 06:14am
You can't mute,ban,kick someone because they talk to much, that would be abusing the system....

Agreed. Mute them in Playerlist.
You votemute somebody, they reconnect and you have to start all over, so whats the point of it?

Daze
30 Nov 2008, 07:10am
Point is, if the person is disrupting the game that much, voteban would do the trick to stop him reconnecting.

Harpr33t
30 Nov 2008, 07:11am
can we take out the muting scripting, i think ppl are mature enough not to talk when the game is going on.

juku
30 Nov 2008, 07:41am
You know you are just denying yourself of the truth of what happens, if the mute script is gone in the prisonbreak servers.

Repus
30 Nov 2008, 09:23am
Its for stop whining about freekills? Now they whine it when new round starts all at same time! Normally they would whine when they die, not same time.

Axel
30 Nov 2008, 03:19pm
please lock this fail thread
No one can vote mute someone
It'd be a MASSIVE fail
Once vote - muted they could easily leave and rejoin...
Seriously
No point...

Forester155
30 Nov 2008, 07:16pm
A votemute sounds like a good idea, its a good way to make noobs be muted, you can script it so that it Mutes by ID for 24 hours in that server, but you choose by name. it would make an admins job easier, so that instead of someone being banned for their voice (AHEM!!!!) they can be vote muted and then everyone is happy! Me because i can still apply for admin, and admins because it gives them about 2 min of extra playtime :laugh:
P.S. dont put votemute into jailbreak, because it makes a CTs job 10x harder.

Axel
30 Nov 2008, 07:56pm
A votemute sounds like a good idea, its a good way to make noobs be muted, you can script it so that it Mutes by ID for 24 hours in that server, but you choose by name. it would make an admins job easier, so that instead of someone being banned for their voice (AHEM!!!!) they can be vote muted and then everyone is happy! Me because i can still apply for admin, and admins because it gives them about 2 min of extra playtime :laugh:
P.S. dont put votemute into jailbreak, because it makes a CTs job 10x harder.

FAIL
this is serioursly a fail thread
votemute would not work
if you want to mute a player use the player list ingame to mute that person.
END OF

Henrik
1 Dec 2008, 07:53am
FAIL
this is serioursly a fail thread
votemute would not work
if you want to mute a player use the player list ingame to mute that person.
END OF

i agree but the system fail 1/2 times for me =/

Jack Napier
19 Dec 2008, 09:10pm
I'd like to talk about RJ. RJ is a whiny kid on the Escape I server who deems it necessary to add a running narrative of what he is doing on the map. He will add commentary each time he failjumps, and when something normal happens he will put on his superhero suit and become Captain Obvious to comment on it like it's brand new.

If we could make votemute require 1/4 of the server total population with 12 being the mimimum to start a vote, it would make the server a much more enjoyable place. It currently takes 23 people to voteban a mic spammer on the server and that is too much, but if all they are doing is being annoying then I feel it is up to the population to decide if they deserve to use their mic but still be able to play the game.

Or we can fix all this by adding a "balls no drop/you no talk" rule, with exceptions for players like Zambie David. We have TITS on these servers for crying out loud. Won't somebody think of the children?

I rule.

Paul
20 Dec 2008, 03:32am
can we take out the muting scripting, i think ppl are mature enough not to talk when the game is going on.

It's to stop people QQ'ing about being 'freekilled'.

There wont be votemute added on, like other people said use your playerlist to mute them/ ask an admin to come in.

XeNo
20 Dec 2008, 04:37am
I'd like to talk about RJ. RJ is a whiny kid on the Escape I server who deems it necessary to add a running narrative of what he is doing on the map. He will add commentary each time he failjumps, and when something normal happens he will put on his superhero suit and become Captain Obvious to comment on it like it's brand new.

If we could make votemute require 1/4 of the server total population with 12 being the mimimum to start a vote, it would make the server a much more enjoyable place. It currently takes 23 people to voteban a mic spammer on the server and that is too much, but if all they are doing is being annoying then I feel it is up to the population to decide if they deserve to use their mic but still be able to play the game.

Or we can fix all this by adding a "balls no drop/you no talk" rule, with exceptions for players like Zambie David. We have TITS on these servers for crying out loud. Won't somebody think of the children?

I rule.

It's to stop people QQ'ing about being 'freekilled'.

There wont be votemute added on, like other people said use your playerlist to mute them/ ask an admin to come in.
No.

Old thread.