PDA

View Full Version : [Removed] CC_Trampoline

TopCat
30 Nov 2008, 05:32am
Can we remove this map? It's just bouncing on a trampoline and it's really boring.

Trogdor
30 Nov 2008, 07:53am
I agree with you but I would have been more descriptive. We have, I believe, 2 of these maps (mg_superfan or something like that). I know that's a fan the others a trampoline but they work the same way. Out of the 2, Trampoline is the worst.

1.) We already have superfan which is better imo.

2.) It is glitchy. Sometimes you hit a weird spot on the trampoline and you glitch, and die, on the spot where you were supposed to land. Causes LOTS of complaining.

3.) It can have really long rounds making the dead people whine. It can be long due to the difference in the apex of the jump. You can, occasionaly, get stuck on the bottom, bouncing very low while everybody else is high in the air. THUS, making long rounds of "Can you please die?"

Thanks for reading, hope you consider getting rid of this map.

SpikedRocker
30 Nov 2008, 04:11pm
I really enjoy this map tbh. Everytime I've played it, it was ok. If more people say get rid of it then we shall consider it more.

TopCat
9 Dec 2008, 05:46am
You're in no position to make demands. A decision will be made, don't get antsy.
~Thanatos

We keep having to wait forever to come back in and we can never get guns!

Paul
9 Dec 2008, 06:02am
Next week when I get more time I will be going through all the maps and taking a look at some to remove/ add.

This was one which was on my list; we have 3 maps on the server atm which are exactly the same. The ones where you bounce up and down:

cc_trampoline
mg_windtunnel
mg_gianttunnel (something like this) - just a bigger version of windtunnel.

Most likely it will be windtunnel which will stay on as it is much easier to get more games in that one and you allready get your weapons when you spawn. Where as the other two maps you have to keep buying them.

Also the large giant tunnel map you can get spawn killed through the glass.

I will come to a decision after I get these stupid essays done. :toung:

Metal
9 Dec 2008, 10:40am
I Enjoy this map but it should have Rooms and just a bigger map filled with them.
plus i quit the server when they pick it because 26min of jumping

Caution
9 Dec 2008, 11:01am
this map in particular should be removed, but i really like the idea. we should find another map similar to it to put on, but something not as glitchy and with more guns. even having teleporters high up so you advance a level every time you bounce high up would be really cool too.

Paul
9 Dec 2008, 11:06am
this map in particular should be removed, but i really like the idea. we should find another map similar to it to put on, but something not as glitchy and with more guns. even having teleporters high up so you advance a level every time you bounce high up would be really cool too.

Im guessing you have not played mg_windtunnel? which is allready on the server.
Its a much better map for game play, less waiting, less glitchy and theres no way to spawn kill on it.

Caution
9 Dec 2008, 01:32pm
Im guessing you have not played mg_windtunnel? which is allready on the server.
Its a much better map for game play, less waiting, less glitchy and theres no way to spawn kill on it.

nah i havent, is it similar to trampoline?

Paul
9 Dec 2008, 03:05pm
This has now been removed from the server.

TopCat
10 Dec 2008, 06:43am
Thank you! I hated that map!