PDA

View Full Version : Major Prison Break Changes

Toxin
29 Nov 2008, 05:54pm
So, we had the prison break server for quite a time now, and I think I should share my opion about it.
The first few times you play prison break, you are really amused and exited about the thought of roleplaying in a FPS. This feeling, however, goes by very quick as you can see. I used to be a frequent player of our Prison Breaks server. However, they were many many issues that , in the end, lead to the fact that I stopped playing PB.

One of the many issues of course, is admin abuse.
Admins' powers were remove at one time on this server, and I think that during that time, most player actually enjoyed playing and did not have to watch out for admins.
Admins still were able to do something against rule breakers by complaining against them with a reasonable cause and proof. As admins power were added back to the server, many issues began to arise, and I don't want to name them all because they were already discussed here (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11892).

Another issue is the growth of griefers and unexperienced players on the server.
A very common way of griefing that I experienced is saying that a T doesn't have sound, therefore forcing the CT to type, leaving them vulnerable against attacks. I think you should really enforce microphones on the server or at least move people without microphones to CT, where it is less needed (but still important). Next, unexperienced players are another issue. I don't mean : "OMGZ its a noob, ban him, kick him, slay him, rape him..", I mean you should do something against it to protect those who do not how to play Prision Break yet or do not really know the rules of our server.

The last major issues I want to mention are many foreign players, thus making English not usuable to give instructions. The only way to avoid this, in my opinion is enforcing "knowledge of basics of English" as a requirement to play as well as many people abusing voteban because they think in their opinion, somebody freekilled them and then they suceed persuading other players to voteban the "freekiller", too. In my opinion, you should disable votebanning and make a harder punishment for multiple freekilling on purpose.

Really, I don't think you should shut down the server eventhough of the major problems it is causing, but IMO, you should really do some changes to minimize the number of issues cause by that amusing, popular server.

Justice...
29 Nov 2008, 05:59pm
Tbh, this is wrong.

Yes ive seen players "you cant kill him he is admin" but thats bullshit. If he does something wrong you can kill him even if he is admin or not, so thats the players fault.
The "no sound" thing is pissing me off tho, i mean it should be a requirement that people had sound.
And the foreign players; CSS IS ENGLISH! IF THEY DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT WE SAY, TO BAD FOR THEM. Put a bullet in their head if they do not obey orders. Thats the rules.
If they want to cry about it, kill them again so they get muted >=D

(BTW im not angry if it sounds like that in the CAPS LOCK part ;)

Bubbles
29 Nov 2008, 09:18pm
when i see admin abuse, ill post about it, but when admins slay people for freekilling them, imagine if they didnt have admin powers, next round it would be the same spammed fuck you's

"XXXXXX YOU FREEKILLED ME WTF"

admins being able to slay freekillers, 1 stops and warns them about what theyre doing and 2 makes an example to the other ct's who know then not to freekill because they will more than likely be caught and punished

Axel
30 Nov 2008, 04:45am
COUNTER TERRORISTS DO NOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MICROPHONES
Why should they have to pay JUST to give you an order
typing is perfectly fine
Microphones may help
BUT
They are not needed
Stop trying to insist on this becoming a rule
This is a fail point...

+

Only English speaking people?
Nice discrimination pal
You should watch how you say things
It can easily offend people!

Toxin
30 Nov 2008, 06:10am
COUNTER TERRORISTS DO NOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MICROPHONES
Why should they have to pay JUST to give you an order
typing is perfectly fine
Microphones may help
BUT
They are not needed
Stop trying to insist on this becoming a rule
This is a fail point...

+

Only English speaking people?
Nice discrimination pal
You should watch how you say things
It can easily offend people!

If they can buy a $20 game, why shouldnt they be able to buy a $5 - $10 - Made in China - Microphone? Of course, they can type to give orders, but it ruins the game.
Okay, let me put it in this way for you Axel:
If we are playing regular CS:S , why is having a mouse not mandatory?
You know why? Because everyone knows that this is necessary to have a good gameplay. Of course you can use your cheap notepad on your laptop or whatever, so actually mouses are not mandatory either.
Let's go to prison break now, where u roleplay and communicate the whole time.
People automatically know they will need some kind of communication and most of them have microphones, the ones that don't feel leftout and well very likely leave after a few rounds.

Secondly, this server is based in the U.S.
Sure, freedom of speach and everything, but have u ever imagined to play PB on a Spanish or French server? You would have exactly the same issue: Language barrier. It is not supposed to be discrimination, we have ten different servers where anyone can play. But for a server, where communication is that important, you should at least have little understanding of English. It is about the good of the whole community, and foreign people are part of the community, and we don't want them to be discriminated or something, but the server is English and there is no way we can change it.

tank40175
30 Nov 2008, 06:15am
I have played the PB servers ever since they were put up here. And for on I disagree with you about them being better run before admins got their powers. Now rule breakers can be dealt with immediately. The servers have been better because of it. Now the last point, and it has been said a million times, and people don't listen, or don't post a demo:

IF A ADMIN IS ABUSING POWERS, GET A DEMO AND POST IT IN FORUMS!! IF YOU DON'T GET PROOF, NOTHING CAN BE DONE!!

Jaffa
30 Nov 2008, 06:37am
on the microphone issue, for some people including me, microphones don't work ingame for no apparent reason. It isn't alwyas about going out and buying one.

heidy_james
13 May 2010, 05:20am
This is a revealing thread, which have the most up-to-date discussion. The perks are endless of this handy site. Thanks for giving out this info; it’s really precious for me.

Mad Dogg
13 May 2010, 05:24am
Look at the Date......

Dirty Sanchez
13 May 2010, 05:54am
This is a revealing thread, which have the most up-to-date discussion. The perks are endless of this handy site. Thanks for giving out this info; it’s really precious for me.

LOL

SgtJoo
13 May 2010, 06:02am
*Cough* From 2008 *Cough*

Jaffa
13 May 2010, 06:05am
This is revealing thread, which havd the most up-to-date discussions. The perks is endless of this handily site. Thanks for giving out then info; it’s really preciouse for me.

mapper
13 May 2010, 06:11am
This is revealing thread, which havd the most up-to-date discussions. The perks is endless of this handily site. Thanks for giving out then info; it’s really preciouse for me.

Please lock it =/

Gumpy
14 May 2010, 01:48pm
I like how most people in this thread are banned.

Bubbles
14 May 2010, 01:51pm
god I miss 08 pb.

Bethy
14 May 2010, 02:32pm
god I miss 08 pb.

QFT.

Zealot
17 May 2010, 11:34am
QFT.

QFT (Bubbles and his brother played mindgames on meh, did that even happen?)

/major necro

tacosndew
29 Jun 2010, 06:15am
Another issue is the growth of griefers and unexperienced players on the server.
A very common way of griefing that I experienced is saying that a T doesn't have sound, therefore forcing the CT to type, leaving them vulnerable against attacks. I think you should really enforce microphones on the server or at least move people without microphones to CT, where it is less needed (but still important).

why would you move people without mics to CT...they're the ones who actually need to talk, it's more important for a CT to have a mic than a T, wow.

kool
29 Jun 2010, 06:35am
why would you move people without mics to CT...they're the ones who actually need to talk, it's more important for a CT to have a mic than a T, wow.

You have 7 posts, you just corrected a post that was made 2 years ago, your name makes no sense, please please please please please learn to look at the date the post was made. If you're disappointed at one typo, I'm disappointed that you would necro this thread just to bring that to his attention.

starbucks
29 Jun 2010, 06:37am
This thread just got double bumped.

Spartan
29 Jun 2010, 12:54pm
Please pay attention to the dates people post. Toxin posted on 2008, it is now 2010. +1.

XeNo
29 Jun 2010, 05:34pm
Please pay attention to the dates people post. Toxin posted on 2008, it is now 2010. +1.
Now we get to call Toxin a dumbass for thinking PB sucked then compared to now.