PDA

View Full Version : CoH Tournament

PotshotPolka
29 Nov 2008, 11:17am
Well I got bored over the holiday, so I figured we could start drafting a tournament for all the active players.

Input any ideas, but I believe the best setup should be 2v2 teams, with random maps, best 2 out of 3 wins.

A good time for this will be in about 3 weeks when Winter break starts up so that schedules will be more flexible for most players.

---And if you wish to participate: FIX YOUR NAT ERRORS DAMMIT.

Farmer Mick
29 Nov 2008, 11:55am
im in

Tcp-Kill
29 Nov 2008, 11:56am
IM IN.

Chêvouÿx
29 Nov 2008, 12:27pm
I'm in

StrykerSwat
29 Nov 2008, 02:50pm
I'm In

but one suggestion,that people shouldn't be allowed to use the Panzer or British(if british can spam)
because its too much spam of soldiers and get annoying,would be much cleaner if Panzer was off the soldier choice

LegalSmash
29 Nov 2008, 02:54pm
Well I got bored over the holiday, so I figured we could start drafting a tournament for all the active players.

Input any ideas, but I believe the best setup should be 2v2 teams, with random maps, best 2 out of 3 wins.

A good time for this will be in about 3 weeks when Winter break starts up so that schedules will be more flexible for most players.

---And if you wish to participate: FIX YOUR NAT ERRORS DAMMIT.

Im there like a bear in pink underwear.

LegalSmash
29 Nov 2008, 02:57pm
I'm In

but one suggestion,that people shouldn't be allowed to use the Panzer or British(if british can spam)
because its too much spam of soldiers and get annoying,would be much cleaner if Panzer was off the soldier choice

No.

I use both of those armies to good effect.

Full lists, standard resources.

PotshotPolka
29 Nov 2008, 03:22pm
I'm In

No rules. If you can't stand being zerged by Luftwaffe failtroops and British arty raids don't come to the table. This will get ugly.

Another thing. Think about who you would want to partner up with. And there will be no complaining about teams. 2v2 is probably the best choice since the game is always more interesting with teammates, and it cuts back on any technical problems found in 3v3 and 4v4 games.

Also, to prevent a dragged out arty stand off I propose using the 1000 point controls, as it will prevent the games from taking more than an hour hopefully.

Justice...
29 Nov 2008, 05:37pm
so... CoH Huh?
Ever thougth of telling noobs what CoH is ? =P Maybe i would purchase it... :O

PotshotPolka
29 Nov 2008, 05:40pm
so... CoH Huh?
Ever thougth of telling noobs what CoH is ? =P Maybe i would purchase it... :O

Company of Heroes, love it or hate it, but not here. This is if you're in or you're not.

LegalSmash
29 Nov 2008, 07:58pm
No rules. If you can't stand being zerged by Luftwaffe failtroops and British arty raids don't come to the table. This will get ugly.

Another thing. Think about who you would want to partner up with. And there will be no complaining about teams. 2v2 is probably the best choice since the game is always more interesting with teammates, and it cuts back on any technical problems found in 3v3 and 4v4 games.

Also, to prevent a dragged out arty stand off I propose using the 1000 point controls, as it will prevent the games from taking more than an hour hopefully.

I call either Red or Polka as partner.

Farmer Mick
30 Nov 2008, 12:02am
i want tcp

Dracula
30 Nov 2008, 12:02pm
IM IN

Mammal
30 Nov 2008, 01:02pm
I dont have the technical expertise or the willpower to fix NAT Errors =p

tinkerbell
30 Nov 2008, 02:06pm
in

PotshotPolka
30 Nov 2008, 02:39pm
I dont have the technical expertise or the willpower to fix NAT Errors =p

Take your ethernet cable and shove it up your ass. Or preferably directly into your modem if you want to bypass setting your router to DMZ. Should fix most connection errors.

Astrum
30 Nov 2008, 02:44pm
I'm out. I hate tournaments.

I'm In

There are plenty of counters to both the Panzer Elite and British. British defenses can fall in seconds if you know what you're doing, and Panzer Elite rushes can be mowed down with ease. You just have to play dynamically and change your tactics as the situation requires.

PotshotPolka
30 Nov 2008, 02:55pm
I'm out. I hate tournaments.

I was hoping there would be a strong competitor out there :/

That brings us to 9 in total, and I have 20 people on my CoH friends list so keep it coming.

PotshotPolka
1 Dec 2008, 05:46am
How much is it currently through Steam?

I've been nagged about this and Red Orchestra so much my stubbornness for BF1942 is failing.

If it's cheap I'll get it and you can count me in.

$20 for the basic, $30 I believe for +expansion pack.

LegalSmash
1 Dec 2008, 08:51am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2D8BnAoUHw&feature=related

Dracula
2 Dec 2008, 01:50pm
Who wants me on there team?

LegalSmash
2 Dec 2008, 02:46pm
New rule regarding tourney:

No playing in the tournament if you have continually bad performance in game. If your computer is the equivalent of an old school game boy attached to a brick and a car battery, you are DQed.

No more drops please.

PotshotPolka
2 Dec 2008, 02:57pm
New rule regarding tourney:

No playing in the tournament if you have continually bad performance in game. If your computer is the equivalent of an old school game boy attached to a brick and a car battery, you are DQed.

No more drops please.

I was thinking about posting the same thing.

If there is more than one connection error per match than the side that caused it should be disqualified.

Dracula
2 Dec 2008, 03:11pm
I find that stupid especially if say i got paired with Bob and Bob's connection was fucked and screwed up the game so I get disqualified because Bob's connection sucks ass.

Falcon04
2 Dec 2008, 03:48pm
I'm... might be in. This all depends on the time this all happens.

LegalSmash
2 Dec 2008, 04:14pm
The thing is, we know which people have particularly bad connections.

PotshotPolka
2 Dec 2008, 07:08pm
Alright guys, final call for having your teams ready is by midnight this Sunday.

Dracula
2 Dec 2008, 07:37pm
me and Dune155 will be a team.

Farmer Mick
3 Dec 2008, 12:36am
me + tcp for the fail cakes

PotshotPolka
3 Dec 2008, 01:36pm
Once everyone is on aboard, we can begin as soon as you like. Once the brackets are made, each set of teams can just PM the other and can decide on when to play according to their schedules, doesn't all need to go down in one day.

Harpr33t
3 Dec 2008, 05:59pm
hmmmmmmmm can i have partner from outside the community?

PotshotPolka
3 Dec 2008, 06:07pm
Whatever floats your boat, Dracula is bringing one in.

Mammal
4 Dec 2008, 01:25pm
Take your ethernet cable and shove it up your ass. Or preferably directly into your modem if you want to bypass setting your router to DMZ. Should fix most connection errors.

We have three computer using the network so if I plug it directly in the others wont be connect?
I don't know ^^
I dried changing the ip thingy a while ago and port forwarding, it seemed to help alittle but not much.

PotshotPolka
4 Dec 2008, 05:00pm
We have three computer using the network so if I plug it directly in the others wont be connect?
I don't know ^^
I dried changing the ip thingy a while ago and port forwarding, it seemed to help alittle but not much.

If you direct connect the modem by bypassing the router, yes it will cut the connection to the others, see if you can find a time when they aren't on for a couple hours.

StrykerSwat
5 Dec 2008, 07:08am
i wanna join in,but i dont know who is gonna join my team :(

PotshotPolka
7 Dec 2008, 07:21pm
Is this it?

PotshotPolka
11 Dec 2008, 01:11pm
RIP.

Dracula
11 Dec 2008, 01:14pm
?

PotshotPolka
11 Dec 2008, 01:21pm
?
Well we only got like 4 teams, not much of a tournament unless we get some more action.

Half the people that said they were in haven't paired up with someone else because they're acting like quadraplegics at a school dance.

StrykerSwat
11 Dec 2008, 03:01pm
y dont u go on the 3v3 insted of 2v2
will be lot more fun,then later after the last 3v3 it should be 1v1 then the last 1v1
or something

Harpr33t
11 Dec 2008, 05:08pm
y dont u go on the 3v3 insted of 2v2
will be lot more fun,then later after the last 3v3 it should be 1v1 then the last 1v1
or something

i agree it would be more fun and balance the teams out a bit.

tinkerbell
13 Dec 2008, 03:41am
Well we only got like 4 teams, not much of a tournament unless we get some more action.

Half the people that said they were in haven't paired up with someone else because they're acting like quadraplegics at a school dance.

insted of pairing up with someone, we should pick teams of of a hat or something??

LegalSmash
15 Dec 2008, 03:58pm
due to out of town scheduling issues and an upcoming event, ill be withdrawing.

Mikey
31 Dec 2008, 10:49pm
am in!

Cranks
1 Jan 2009, 10:02am
ok I can get it re installed tommorow + get the expansion so I'm in.

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Jan 2009, 01:54pm
haha, winter break for us is actually midterm week...

so i will have to go into school some days that week to take midterms...

Dracula
1 Jan 2009, 02:43pm
I think this has been canceld

Mikey
1 Jan 2009, 07:19pm
awwww..
QQ

barackobama
1 Jan 2009, 08:56pm
Me and Haggard will be having a COH competition in about 2 months time, where you can win copy's of games and stuff. It has been in talk for a couple of months.

Also, we'll be having competitions to win copy's of COH (for the people who don't have it) other games for people who do.

Dracula
1 Jan 2009, 08:57pm
Me and Haggard will be having a COH competition in about 2 months time, where you can win copy's of games and stuff. It has been in talk for a couple of months.

Also, we'll be having competitions to win copy's of COH (for the people who don't have it) other games for people who do.

*Starts training to be 133t

PotshotPolka
3 Jan 2009, 11:19am
*Starts training to be 133t

*Kicks back and waits for the prize.

Sandstorm
5 Jan 2009, 01:56pm
now are actually gonna have to face haggard, or is it gonna be teams

PotshotPolka
7 Jan 2009, 04:50pm
Preferably teams, the game is much more interesting that way.