PDA

View Full Version : Endwar

Forester155
29 Nov 2008, 10:46am
Has anyone heard of endwar? it hasnt come out yet, but it should verry soon! its about like a WWIII and its an RTS! its coming out for X-BOX and its by Tom Clancy! personally, im excited!

Eversmen
29 Nov 2008, 11:00am
I saw the commercials for it on TV. From the commercial, there wasn't much gameplay being shown. It looks allright, this will be the first time for a Tom Clancy game to be an RTS right?

PotshotPolka
29 Nov 2008, 11:11am
It looks like World in Conflict, which was a flop by all standards.

Astrum
30 Nov 2008, 01:56am
A lot of the RTS has been taken out of this game. No base building, limited voice control to make up for the lack of mouse and keyboard. The graphics aren't even what I'd consider good. Overall the game looks pretty terrible.

I played the demo and quit after 5 minutes. Demos are supposed to cherry pick the best parts of the game to entice you to buy it, well if that was the best they had to offer then no thanks.

PotshotPolka
30 Nov 2008, 09:22am
I've played the demo, it's nothing special. It's like they've taken World in Conflict, broken the camera angles, realised at the last minute they needed objectives for missions so put in annoying building capturing and then finished it off with a microphone system that is completely alien to the 360.

Most Xbox users will have realised that with the exception of a few games like Halo 3, the microphone loudness is almost the same level all round.

With Endwar, it has to be louder than the normal speaking volume for the Xbox mic, but quieter than shouting. So it's really aimed at those that find sitting in a room exclaiming "UNIT 2 MOVE TO BRAVO" at various volumes for half an hour to get used to it fun.

The scale you have to be in is inbetween the two asterisks.

|---------TOO QUIET---------*FINE*----TOO LOUD----|

That's pretty much what it feels like you have to get. It's sort of a mumble mixed with a half-arsed cry of pain, if you can picture that sort of loudness.

That's what I figured too. Atleast World in Conflict had decent graphics, even if everything else was horrible.

Wait a few months for SCII or DoWII, you'll get your money's worth with atleast one of them.

Robfal
1 Dec 2008, 10:34am
Meh Clancy disappointed me on this one. Im just waiting for the next Splinter Cell installment which has been delayed yet again. Damn... I need my clancy fix soon or ill pass out.

PotshotPolka
1 Dec 2008, 12:44pm
I just wish they made World in Conflict more to do with strategy. When I played it I just found it tediously boring.

The only really fun mission was the one where you had to reclaim the stealth bomber.

I wish strategy game devs would be able to successfully implement good action and graphics, a decent storyline (which I'll admit, World in Conflict tried very hard at achieving) and THE ABILITY TO AT LEAST CONSTRUCT A FEW BUILDINGS. Even if it was like those weird self-constructing points on WiC where you could build a few walls or barbed wires, or a couple of pillboxes.

Maybe it's just me. I grew up with the Red Alert series.

Then my friend, you would love Company of Heroes.

SOLANUM
1 Dec 2008, 03:11pm
It's way to simple, its like watching rock paper scissors with tanks and gunships. (Sounds fun at first but I assure you, its not.)

But it gets at least a 5/10 from me because it has a voice command system that actually works.

andre1028
1 Dec 2008, 03:24pm
I played the beta and I found the controls really confusing and the amount of verbal use required in the game (which was ridiculous and impossible to remember fast).

Meh, I'd recommend it as a rent.

Dannen
1 Dec 2008, 04:13pm
I rented it a while ago, and I thought it was terrible. My opinion is obviously because I prefer FPS games though I found the voice commands really cool. Stick to Rainbow Six Tom Clancy :P

Astrum
1 Dec 2008, 07:13pm
Meh Clancy disappointed me on this one. Im just waiting for the next Splinter Cell installment which has been delayed yet again. Damn... I need my clancy fix soon or ill pass out.

There hasn't been a good Tom Clancy game in almost a decade. Rogue Spear was the last one I enjoyed. It went completely downhill from there.

PotshotPolka
1 Dec 2008, 08:54pm
There hasn't been a good Tom Clancy game in almost a decade. Rogue Spear was the last one I enjoyed. It went completely downhill from there.

The first Vegas wasn't bad.

Спецназ
11 Dec 2008, 11:52am
I don't see why everyone is bashing WiC. I really enjoyed it. It was a good break from dirt farming and tank rushing. I only had a few gripes, mainly the small number of maps and really limiting infantry.