PDA

View Full Version : Votebanning Opinion/sug.

osama
27 Nov 2008, 05:33pm
Hello, Im a new player to this game, and acctualy i find prison break the funnest part of the game. (my opinion, i dont play this game comp. i do cod) but the days iv been playing, which were mostly your servers, there has been a "hell" amount of ban voting because of rage or just for no reason.

I witnessed my self in 5 min there was about 3-5 votebans, and there constantly going on. And the thing is when people vote those the people in the server mostly dont even care and they think it would be funny just to forward the ban to piss that player off. I find that wrong, and thats happend to me today.

So Maybe 2 suggestions, 1. Increase the Yes vote up or, 2. Only allow admins to voteban, or get aproval from admin, because just randomly voting like that is ridicules, and if you want the community to not constantly fight over everything, they shouldnt abuse resources like that in the server. see, if you increase yes voting to maybe wat 80% of the players in there? For exp. Also, the increase in yes, would help in the server when no admin is around and if admin is, i dont think vote ban should be necassary because what ever they "might" be doing wrong could be handled by a admin.

P.S just suggestions or maybe ideas, not up to me.

Mr. Osama-

Caution
27 Nov 2008, 07:38pm
Hello, Im a new player to this game, and acctualy i find prison break the funnest part of the game. (my opinion, i dont play this game comp. i do cod) but the days iv been playing, which were mostly your servers, there has been a "hell" amount of ban voting because of rage or just for no reason.

I witnessed my self in 5 min there was about 3-5 votebans, and there constantly going on. And the thing is when people vote those the people in the server mostly dont even care and they think it would be funny just to forward the ban to piss that player off. I find that wrong, and thats happend to me today.

So Maybe 2 suggestions, 1. Increase the Yes vote up or, 2. Only allow admins to voteban, or get aproval from admin, because just randomly voting like that is ridicules, and if you want the community to not constantly fight over everything, they shouldnt abuse resources like that in the server. see, if you increase yes voting to maybe wat 80% of the players in there? For exp. Also, the increase in yes, would help in the server when no admin is around and if admin is, i dont think vote ban should be necassary because what ever they "might" be doing wrong could be handled by a admin.

P.S just suggestions or maybe ideas, not up to me.

Mr. Osama-

i can see why you're getting pissed off, and yea it is bullshit when people voteban for no reason other than humor, but what you're suggesting is crazy, no offense at all. admins can't voteban, their votes do not count. if you made admins the only people who could voteban then what will people do when theres no admins on at that time and they need to get rid of a mic spammer or a free killer ASAP?

and the 80% thing is unfair if you're playing PB. for example, if you have a ct planting guns when other ct's aren't looking...generally a ct isn't going to voteban something he's not seeing. for that 80% to happen you're gonna need all the t's votes and most of the ct's.

just take a demo of them votebanning you or someone else next time bro, and then type "status" in console and take a screen shot of their steam id's.

osama
27 Nov 2008, 07:59pm
you miss understood the point, i never said people couldnt vote, i said when admins arent around, there would be still a increase in votes thats needed, like 9 yeses out of 14 people for example dude not saying admins voteban, u ask them for permision to voteban WHEN THEY ARE AROUND

Caution
27 Nov 2008, 09:37pm
you miss understood the point, i never said people couldnt vote

yes you did, you said only allowing admins to vote, or by getting approval, both are ridiculous. what if an admin is being a dick and doesnt care and denies your requests? it should be up to the people entirely, theres no need for an admin to voteban, because he can just ban them if they're doing something wrong.

Bullet Wound
27 Nov 2008, 09:39pm
Dude the amount of votebans required is quite a bit, you need to get at least like half of the server already to ban them. As for the admin part, the entire reason (or my belief) that voteban is in place is so players can actually do something of a ct is being an ass, as admins are not always around to settle it (nor can they do anything about it unless they see it, or the just might not care as caution said).

As for you getting some votebans against yourself don't take it so seriously, there are jackasses out there who will voteban for fun, but the votebans don't mean ANYTHING unless you are actually banned. Simply put, don't panic unless they got you to like 1 or 2 votes required, then just switch to the other server and hopefully it has fewer asses.

Forester155
27 Nov 2008, 11:29pm
well there is a good compromise to this it looks like. remove vote banning from jailbreak. when i played under my friends account, i would see people vote banned in jailbreak left and right, just because. in other severs, that wouldn't happen. you could do that, or set up a special vote banning system where say there were:

5 CT
10 T

than you need 2 CT and 5 T to get a vote ban, instead of if a CT caught a T escaping, and the T got pissed and got all the Ts to vote ban one CT that isnt very fair, or they did the same thing for comedy. if there was a way to set that up, than it would be impossible for that to happen, but a mic spammer or any other rule breaker can still be banned. but I'm not sure how it could be coded so thats pretty much unlikely.. but its a good idea! right?

LVG
28 Nov 2008, 02:07am
Admins votebans don't count... votebanning players usually has around 10+ votes which means what ever there doing in PB is affecting everyone and if you see anyone abusing it please post proof, you can't increase the number it counts on the amount of players who are on the server.

tank40175
28 Nov 2008, 06:49am
Voteban, as I have said before, is a good tool for players. Gives them a way of cleaning up server when admin is not there. As with anything players are able to do in game, some abuse. And even when admins are on, we (most of us) try to give multiple warnings before ban. If you see players abusing voteban record a demo and post. But it is hard to just voteban someone, when it requires half the server to vote the same person out. Usually it is someone who has been giving problems for a few rounds, in order to get enough votes. Really the only other option, I believe, would to be remove voteban altogether. And this would be bad for players when they can't get hold of a admin to come straighten the mess.

Mammal
28 Nov 2008, 11:32am
what if an admin is being a dick and doesnt care

Then everybody is fucked no matter what ^^ :rlol:

Caution
28 Nov 2008, 11:38am
Then everybody is fucked no matter what ^^ :rlol:

rofl true that

airassault
1 Dec 2008, 07:22pm
This actually seems reasonable suggestion i am all up for the change