PDA

View Full Version : Omg PS3 Fanbois Win ROFL!!!!11!!!

Trogdor
25 Nov 2008, 02:15pm
You will never read me.

LVG
25 Nov 2008, 02:21pm
I don't really yeah this Home update will probably be cool but 1. No one has a mic 2. PS3 Hardly gets any updates for games

PS3 will be cool but no online interaction like PC or xbox

Red
25 Nov 2008, 04:09pm
Don't feel sorry for us, we have hundreds of extra dollars we can spend on PC games or whatever the hell else we want.

andre1028
25 Nov 2008, 05:09pm
No matter how good you make your consoles (I have one myself so don't think I hate them) you will never be up the the PC's level.

Axel
25 Nov 2008, 05:59pm
No matter how good you make your consoles (I have one myself so don't think I hate them) you will never be up the the PC's level.

AGREED!!!
PC's ftw
They have everything over consoles!

LitKey
25 Nov 2008, 08:02pm
I don't have a PS3, and you feel sorry for me? I don't need your sorrow. Interacting with others online? Wow! I've been doing that for years on the PC.

I should be feeling sorry for you for buying an overpriced leg rest, but guess what? I don't. Though I do apologize for how bitter this reply sounds... believe me, I bear you no ill will.

Jaffa
26 Nov 2008, 01:50am
no css on ps3 :)

Chêvouÿx
26 Nov 2008, 08:34am

I don't have a PS3, and you feel sorry for me? I don't need your sorrow. Interacting with others online? Wow! I've been doing that for years on the PC. I should be feeling sorry for you for buying an overpriced leg rest, but guess what? I don't.

What they said.

Trogdor
26 Nov 2008, 09:34am
I wasn't really comparing it to the PC, because I know the PC is better unless you have a laggy piece of junk like my computer. I was, I guess, comparing it to the XBOX. Anyways all of the flames against the "overpriced leg rest", jealousy happens. Im kidding, but seriously, it is a GREAT console if you enjoy console's/console games. Topic back to PS3 Home maybe? Looks cool as far as interacting with others (NOT COMPARING WITH A PC) goes.

Dont take the title so seriously. I was just saying that it looks cool.

PotshotPolka
26 Nov 2008, 12:06pm
Don't feel sorry for us, we have hundreds of extra dollars we can spend on PC games or whatever the hell else we want.

Word.

Omar
26 Nov 2008, 02:16pm
I wasn't really comparing it to the PC, because I know the PC is better unless you have a laggy piece of junk like my computer. I was, I guess, comparing it to the XBOX. .

No matter how hard you try, the 360 will pwn the PS3 like... I can only explain it through youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgR166AHmhQ
PS3 is the little kid, xbox360 is the dancer and the crowd is xbox360 fans.

andre1028
26 Nov 2008, 02:38pm
The 360 and the PS3 are both great.

The 360 has better exclusives and multiplayer.

While...

The PS3 runs better technically and is slightly more powerful. Allowing possible great games to take advantage of that.

If you're rich you can buy both since their prices are getting lower and lower every season and you'll be another neutral bastard (Futurama Reference).

Trogdor
26 Nov 2008, 03:27pm
Okay I said that the PC is better than the PS3 but I will never say the 360 is better. 1 example. FREE ONLINE! While you XBOX 360 people are buying your online. 2nd example. Okay look at the console. PS3 quiet, soundless fan/cooling. XBOX 360 WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. 3 rings of death or whatever. Oh darn. BUT STILL. READ MY POST. I AM NOT COMPARING IT TO ANYTHING IN THE ACTUAL POST. I'm stating that Playstation HOME will be really cool. Stop flaming the PS3 when thats not what I'm talking about. I know I said "I guess I'm comparing it to the XBOS". That was wrong. Im not comparing it to anything.

Paladin
26 Nov 2008, 03:29pm
Who likes the new thread title?

Dracula
26 Nov 2008, 03:31pm

Me

Trogdor
26 Nov 2008, 03:31pm
More like PS3 vs. the world. Thread was about Home. I guess not.

Paladin
26 Nov 2008, 03:33pm
You're thread started off as a condescending PoS towards everyone else since "Sorry guys with no PS3" is like throwing fucking pity out for "Omgz, you haz no PS3"

Think carefully about your titles next time, because you just shot down 50 points with me.

You're at -50 now.

Dracula
26 Nov 2008, 03:34pm
You're thread started off as a condescending PoS towards everyone else since "Sorry guys with no PS3" is like throwing fucking pity out for "Omgz, you haz no PS3"

Think carefully about your titles next time, because you just shot down 50 points with me.

You're at -50 now.

Omg you have a point system how many points do i have:w00t:

Paladin
26 Nov 2008, 03:35pm
Omg you have a point system how many points do i have:w00t:

Dracula
26 Nov 2008, 03:35pm

Yay

Trogdor
26 Nov 2008, 03:40pm
It was just a title. Wasn't trying to be serious like "You have no ps3 you suck". Im sorry if I offended anybody by the title. I was trying to say "Home will be really cool".

LegalSmash
26 Nov 2008, 06:30pm
Don't feel sorry for us, we have hundreds of extra dollars we can spend on *really buggy, SECUROM laced, broken at release in sore need of patching PC games or whatever the hell else *EA tells us to*.

Fixed.

tinkerbell
26 Nov 2008, 07:11pm
when the ps3 and 360 first came out, the spec of the 360 and ps3 were better than the pc of the equivelent price, so if you just wanted something to game on consoles the way forward.

with a console you can always garentee that you will get a playable framerate, and half decent graphics. with the pc, you will have to upgrade it every 6-12 months to play the latest games.

but i dont think a sane person buys a pc purly to game on, they buy a pc for email, downloads, word process, blah blaah blaaaaaah

i have no idea where im going with this now so i will stop typing

Sandstorm
26 Nov 2008, 09:34pm
dont listen to them, the politics section just leaked out here for a min w/ the flaming...

Omar
27 Nov 2008, 08:54am
Who made the new thread title? It's simply awesome and i luv it.

Trogdor
27 Nov 2008, 08:58am

Did not read through the fail thread did you Omar?

Trogdor
27 Nov 2008, 03:11pm
Yes, let's make a point system, for the sole purpose of proving to yourself that you are right, OVER A TITLE. Even when the thread is about something we have not acknowledged yet, let's make this point system. GG Noobs.

GrayFox
27 Nov 2008, 03:48pm
Wait... PC users already have their own "Home" program... www.habbohotel.com

Trogdor
27 Nov 2008, 04:17pm
Okay can somebody lock this? I think Home is cool NOT COMPARING IT TO ANYTHING ELSE AND FORGET THE TITLE. That was supposed to be the topic. Turned into a flame fest.

SOLANUM
27 Nov 2008, 04:18pm
I nominate this for most entertaining video game thread of 08.

andre1028
27 Nov 2008, 05:49pm
I nominate this for most entertaining video game thread of 08.

I second that.

PotshotPolka
27 Nov 2008, 06:58pm
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Pity I found it again.

You have a point system? That's actually a really good idea. I'm going to start one with Omar and see how close to minus infinite he can get.
The proper notation would be (-∞,0)

Lux
28 Nov 2008, 05:43pm
Home is a great add on for FREE to the PS3. Even without Home, it is worth it. But this gives you alot more fun, and alot more interaction with the other owners of PS3's and lots of cool stuff on the PS3.

I don't know much about something similiar XBOX has......But this is no MSN or Facebook, it is going to be a huge amount more.

You can play games on it, watch movies, and tons of other things I do not know about, but I know that this has been in production for a massive amount of time, and is going to be something else.

This pushes the limits of why the PS3 is such a great console. No point slagging it when you don't even know what it is XBOX fanboys :001_smile: I know the PC is obviously a much better environment for this kind of thing, but consoles rule over PCs in many genres of gaming, and other things. Grayfox compares HOME to Habbo Hotel.........FACEPALM WORTHY MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

No point talking about how you save money, because with online costing MONEY when ours is FREE you don't end up with much money leftover.......Before you bite my head off. Prove to me how XBOX online is worth the money compared to the PS3's free online??? There are TONS of game updates on the PS3, so that is no excuse, and I cannot see how there are any things extra on the XBOX.

The PS3 is worth more money aswell, its price won't depreciate by much because they were selling them for a loss, Blu-ray is the future DVD, and the XBOX does not have it. They are planning on having it in the next edition of XBOX I hear........but I doubt that will be anywhere near as cheap as the 360, then you can't use that card anymore (which you can't anyway....because of online fees).

In the end, XBOX is on the backfoot. People jump on the price bandwagon but in the end, it won't benefit you, and PS3 are leading the way in next gen race (No the gimmick Wii shit does not count).

LitKey
28 Nov 2008, 06:18pm
In the end, XBOX is on the backfoot. People jump on the price bandwagon but in the end, it won't benefit you, and PS3 are leading the way in next gen race (No the gimmick Wii shit does not count).

Typical fanboy elitist.

Sorry, but that "gimmick Wii shit" DOES in fact count, and is outselling your console by a 2-to-1 margin. That's just the facts.

QQ.

Lux
28 Nov 2008, 06:36pm
Typical fanboy elitist.

Sorry, but that "gimmick Wii shit" DOES in fact count, and is outselling your console by a 2-to-1 margin. That's just the facts.

QQ.

No. Im not QQ'ing.

I don't care about sales figures........Ferrari sell less cars than Ford, but which is the better car???? Its EXACTLY THE SAME. Thats just the facts.

I'm no fanboy, you and everything else are just ill informed about what HOME is.

PotshotPolka
28 Nov 2008, 09:20pm
The Great Console Wars is still nothing more than a fight over who gets to be runner up to a fully decked out PC.

I believe the Wii is doing well because of the niche it fills. There is a market for low end simple games that appeals to adults, children, and party environments. Hard-core gaming still belongs on the PC, seeing what games like Supreme Commander can do to a console is simply ugly.

Then again, consoles keep kids like this from playing UT3 on the PC.
kBVmfIUR1DA

Kennith
28 Nov 2008, 09:27pm
No. Im not QQ'ing.

I don't care about sales figures........Ferrari sell less cars than Ford, but which is the better car???? Its EXACTLY THE SAME. Thats just the facts.

I'm no fanboy, you and everything else are just ill informed about what HOME is.

That's a poor analogy, but if you want to play that way, lets pretend the games for the console are car parts. Enough said. lol Yes, the PS3 has Blu-Ray, but I buy a console to play games, and I have a lot more fun doing it online with others.

I used to be for Playstation, but ever since the release of 3, its gone downhill. The only thing that was keeping it above the XBOX was the exclusive games, now they've even lost that. I like all three systems, but at this moment, PS3 is now at my bottom list TO GET. And from the looks of it, calling the Wii a gimmick, makes you seem like a PS3 elitist, just like MAC users.

LegalSmash
29 Nov 2008, 12:34am
As someone who has owned or been in close proximity to just about every console in the past 20 years, let me say this:

Each console has its strengths and weaknesses. I had the sega and the snes in their heydays, as well as the 64 and the PS, I lived with people that owned xboxes while I owned a ps2, and now I own a ps3, and many of my close friends have had xbox360s for years... I don't care for fanboy jingoism, bc in the end its all about what you want... and heres what I wanted:

A way to play new media discs, I did not buy a console until AFTER I saw who had won the format wars, HDDVD lost. Now, we KNOW who has the market share, and those of us, such as myself, who have more than one person using the machine, and don't really feel like paying out the ass for a machine to play discs that I haven't bought yet makes the onboard BR a steal, and technically a "bonus" to the gaming abilities.

Xbox, despite its very admirable graphics, sounds, and game capability, just does not cater to my specific needs which extend past gaming.

This doesn't mean that I feel that PS3 is SOOO BETTER GAIZ, in fact, I think its completely even in the game capability, in my opinion. At this point, until the Ps3 people start either using the 6 other cores, or comes up with new, exclusive game brand, name, or series, I feel they are about even. X has halo and gears, they share most rockstar games, Sony has MGS and Resistance series, to me, the series are just that: games on the machine, and having played many of them, to me, they are pretty much neck and neck.

That being said, games, generally are not the best guide of whether the console is any good.

Online services:

I am partial to psn because its free, and a little less full of mouthbreathing dickbags than the Xlive, which is sad, because that means people are PAYING to be assholes on live. I find the Xbox system to be passable, and its fairly intuitive as ar as online services go. The big thing that keeps me away from saying its better is the cost. Plainly, I do not see the point of paying for a service that should be free given the cost of the consoles.

The PSN is honestly somewhat confusing at first, but in the end, I survive on it... I will always prefer a friend database like steam's, xfire, or aim convo prior to a game in order to get together with my friends. The format of the services, because I've seen better, feels somewhat inferior to me.

Anyhow... these are some of my ideas regarding the issue at 3 am.

BTW: Wii is the smartest thing Nintendo ever did. They are killing the market, they've done so throughout nintendo's existence because nintendo has damn good planning and marketing.. they dont need tech much more advanced than the gamecube in the rig, and after some motion sensor tech, they have a machine they can charge the hell out of you on, charge the hell out of you on the controllers, and then hit you up for games that children, elderly, and women can like.

Basically, nintendo has taken what was essentially a "boys, men age 7-30" market and expanded it tremendously with a machine that is "fun".

Thats not "gimmick" thats called beating the pants off the competition before you curb check'em.

NikoPDR
30 Nov 2008, 04:26am
I have seen today, the future of the PS3 Online, Home. I wont go into detail (if you want more info http://www.psxextreme.com/feature/160.html). I have to say that, for what I have seen, this will be really cool. It is basically a place to interact with others online.

So what i read and understood, basically it's just like other PC chatting rooms, like Habbo Hotel, Second Life, etc... Which is pretty much an used idea. Doesn't convince me to buy PS3 yet. Besides after a while that will be full of 8-year olds who think they're cool and then some acting "gangster y0" and speaking all racist and trying to be tough.

It also has "The Hall Of Fame", where you compare you're gaming scores/trophies with others online.E-Penis measurement tool, anyone?

Customization is also a big part of home. You make your own avatar, home, etc. Also, It's a FREE download from the PLAYSTATION store :w00t:Yeah, sounds even more crap imo. I'd rather go play Second Life if i would play something like this.

Lux
30 Nov 2008, 07:00am
That's a poor analogy, but if you want to play that way, lets pretend the games for the console are car parts. Enough said. lol Yes, the PS3 has Blu-Ray, but I buy a console to play games, and I have a lot more fun doing it online with others.

I used to be for Playstation, but ever since the release of 3, its gone downhill. The only thing that was keeping it above the XBOX was the exclusive games, now they've even lost that. I like all three systems, but at this moment, PS3 is now at my bottom list TO GET. And from the looks of it, calling the Wii a gimmick, makes you seem like a PS3 elitist, just like MAC users.

No, because now you are comparing Blu-Ray to what XBOX has in replacement, which is far worse.

Its like comparing Blu Ray to the red ring of death, what would you rather want???

The PS3 does actually have GAMES, which you do have fun on doing it online with others.

PS3 has a huge amount of exclusive games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

You might not buy all of them, but would I buy all of the XBOX exclusives??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_exclusives

No I wouldn't. Most exclusives on the 360 can be matched by something on the PS3. In cases one console has something better, but don't use that one little thing as your entire excuse for buying either one.

I'm not a MAC user, and one of the things people use against PS3 is its price tag. Well lets look at how much a gaming computer costs.....5 times more? Not that it is worth it, but a PS3 is also worth the higher price tag, and in the end XBOX live costs almost even it out, and you don't have such a high resell value with an XBOX.

Now onto the Wii. Like all of these consoles, in the end it mainly comes down to opinion, or if your friends have one etc.

I agree Wii are trying to beat the market. But please tell me how many older adults (40+) play it??? I see their adverts and think (I do not see this happening in real life). Possibly if they were playing with their kids, but there are many games like this on both the PS3 and XBOX anyway. The Wii is just a console completely for them, which is why I do not like it.

I don't see the hand controller as a plus. Yeah you get to exercise but in many instances its not reliable, and makes a basic game awful. Fun for maybe a day, but I don't pay £30 for a game which lasts that long.

I'm not going to go and look at sales figures, but I think the Wii appeals more to those of a younger age. How many people on this community own a Wii???? Its all good saying bla bla bla but how many of US own it? If you own it with other consoles, that doesn't count because between PC and PS3 games I find it hard enough to buy games, yet alone if you also own a XBOX and Wii. I usually buy games and stick with them for a long time because I choose those sorts of games. My brother buys all the rubbish games and fails to learn a lesson, but with a few games with great onlineplay I am more than happy. I don't have to buy every game on the console, so if there are only 10 good games on the PS3 every year, that is fine by me.

Back onto the Wii.....I'm not going to talk about which is OFFICIALLY the best, because officially means alot of things. I am a teenager and amongst us which would we pick the least? The Wii I think. There is no point talking about what 8 year olds and 80 year olds find fun.

Trogdor
30 Nov 2008, 09:42am
This thread fails, let is just die.

I wonder why it died? Flamers ftl.

Anyways, I agree, it is failing. It's a rage between Luxz0rz (I quit) and the PS3 haters.

Lux
30 Nov 2008, 02:25pm
Its not really a rage.

When people disagree (half the point of these forums, different opinions) you get flaming. I don't tend to flame myself, but I'm not going to hold back once it gets going.

PotshotPolka
30 Nov 2008, 02:59pm
Its not really a rage.

When people disagree (half the point of these forums, different opinions) you get flaming. I don't tend to flame myself, but I'm not going to hold back once it gets going.

No one gets the last word on the interwebs. They only get banned, then IP banned when they come back to bitch more with a new account.

Trogdor
30 Nov 2008, 03:19pm
You have a point system? That's actually a really good idea. I'm going to start one with Omar and see how close to minus infinite he can get.

That sounds like flame. It's not even a constructive argument. It's just arguing to argue.

Omar
30 Nov 2008, 04:40pm
That sounds like flame. It's not even a constructive argument. It's just arguing to argue.

No dude, i haven't even said ANYTHING TO HIM on this thread.. still he has to fucking flame... Havok, don't talk to me, don't touch me and don't talk about me where i can see it.. go trashtalk me if it make your E-penis hard or grow or somethin like that... Or if it will make you look cool, go trashtalk me, but i don't want your bad flame in the threads... thanks.

PotshotPolka
30 Nov 2008, 05:29pm
http://essentialkeystrokes.com/images/999561_locked_door.jpg

SOLANUM
30 Nov 2008, 06:54pm
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3383/ibtldoorzy9.jpg

In before the lock.

Robfal
1 Dec 2008, 10:44am
HAVOK:

TEH PEE ESS TREE IS STILL BETTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually thinking of buying one. Idk. I think I'd rather use the money to dispose of used chewing gum.

Lux
1 Dec 2008, 12:36pm
Like all of these consoles, in the end it mainly comes down to opinion, or if your friends have one etc.

NO YOU!!!!!! THIS IS A FORUM WHERE WE DISCUSS THINGS, IF IT BECOMES A DEBATE, SO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! GO AND CRY IN A FIRE. IS ANYONE FORCING YOU TO COMMENT IN THIS THREAD? NO, BUT STILL THERE ARE PAGES AND PAGES OF RESPONSES. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO TO A AN HERO FORUM, THANK YOU :001_smile:

Possibly the thread name is asking for it, but even if it said "PS3 HOME" , would this thread be any different???? The answer is most likely....NO

Is Home not a technical thing, and is acceptable as a discussion in the tech talk forums? YES

Thank you :001_smile:

Lux
1 Dec 2008, 01:46pm
Here's me thinking you actually had sense. Obviously not.

If you really wanted to discuss the PS3 then you wouldn't have posted that, so it's plain that all you want is an argument. You knew full well this thread was descending into an argument. Only an idiot wouldn't.

In fact, if you wanted a discussion at all then you'd put aside your childish "I'm right, you're wrong so I'm better than you" attitude and start a proper thread.

Or perhaps that's the point? You don't want to because in this thread you can get away with it and not appear a complete dick. Perhaps because you can always somehow arrive late into an opinionated thread and immediately veer it even more towards an argument.

I don't suppose you can help being a fanboy, because you obviously have no control over yourself. You don't hold opinions back and I've never seen a post you've made about the PS3 that doesn't rely on someone being wrong to make a point. Furthermore, I've never even seen you reach a compromise about it without adding something else to try and keep you, where you obviously believe you and your ideas belong, above everyone else.

It's a shame my admin sponsorship went to such an arrogant narrow-minded person, when it could have just gone to someone more deserving.

This section has obviously become News & Politics Mk.II so I'll have to avoid it as well in future.

Still, thanks for proving what I'd begun to suspect. At least it's saved me some time.

I think you need to chill. I didn't start any flaming, and its really annoying of you to post shit about me, and then use my response as something to argue with.

I take it seriously, but I'm not going to go and get ugly about this stuff. I don't think my view higher than anyone elses, but my opinion is my opinion, how many other people change theirs? You almost expect me to bend over and accept that the Xbox is better....is that what this is about? You are judging this all on me being a fanboy because I don't like the other consoles. If I liked the other consoles, I would of gotten them, and its obvious that you think if you buy a PS3, you are a fanboy, which is INCORRECT. I haven't only had Playstations over my life. I've had Nintendo's, and I haven't owned an Xbox but I've played on them many times? I don't think there is much difference gameplay wise, but its those extra things that make a difference.

Why do I have to make a compromise on my opinion??? Despite that, I do compromise , and if you want evidence, look at how I have tried to be fair to other people. I don't have to say "Oh yes Havok my King I surrender to you, you were right ALL ALONG!" To show that I am not a blind narrow minded fool. In the end, you have to come to a decision over which you find is best, and in most cases unless you're are idiot the answer isn't "THEY ARE ALL THE SAME BECAUSE I'M MR NEUTRAL, THE GUY WHO NO ONE LIKES OR HATES".

So Havok...please just grow up. I know you think you are mature and what not but looking at how you bully Omar, and how you seem to skip through threads spamming "Die in a fire" I find it hard not to tell you to shut the fuck up already and have some respect. Theres no point talking about me when you aren't mature enough to distinguish between a debate and a full blown flame war.

Glad I had your support, but if you want to take it back now then fine, take away your virtual "thing"?. Are you finished now?

LegalSmash
1 Dec 2008, 01:50pm
Lock, I smell this thread of.

Lux
1 Dec 2008, 01:59pm
Lock, I smell this thread of.

QFT, and good. I don't mind a debate, but when people lose the plot it gets out of hand. I think what Trogdor wanted was just to say how great Home is going to be, but he went about it in the wrong way because of his inexperience with these forums and the people on it. Not going to moan, because it isn't going to change. But it would be nice if people tried to be nicer, in genera.

I came in because Trogdor got slaughtered for it, and like him I agree, Home is going to be great.

LegalSmash
1 Dec 2008, 02:02pm
QFT, and good. I don't mind a debate, but when people lose the plot it gets out of hand. I think what Trogdor wanted was just to say how great Home is going to be, but he went about it in the wrong way because of his inexperience with these forums and the people on it. Not going to moan, because it isn't going to change. But it would be nice if people tried to be nicer, in genera.

I came in because Trogdor got slaughtered for it, and like him I agree, Home is going to be great.

As a PS3 owner, I really hope it is.

Lux
1 Dec 2008, 02:14pm
As a PS3 owner, I really hope it is.

Well I honestly think its only an add on. I am more than happy without it, but having it is a complete bonus, like getting L4D with CSS would be.

I doubt I will use it hours everyday, but it might be fun to use when I'm bored, and I don't really know the full extent of Home, but maybe for things like movies...etc

Trogdor
1 Dec 2008, 06:08pm
Lol who was Havoc talking to with his cool font size? Im assuming he meant me, idk?..

SOLANUM
1 Dec 2008, 07:19pm
He was talking to Lux.