PDA

View Full Version : Left4Dead Achievements in better detail

XeNo
25 Nov 2008, 01:26pm
Alright, so, basically this thread is for any achievements you've gotten that were a bit hard to understand.

Also, this thread can be used to tell other players easier ways to get the achievements. (Aside from the obvious, play easy mode suggestions.)

Alright, since I'll be leaving soon for a few days I'll just jot down a few:

Akimbo Assassin -
It says use only pistols, but you can use pistols, pain pills, and health packs. You CANNOT use the machine guns that are mounted throughout the levels, and you can also use that shove move and still get the achievement.

Jump Shot -
Headshot a hunter while he's in the air, easiest way to do this is have a shotgun. I find it rather hard to 1 hit him in the head otherwise.

Outbreak -
I have no idea how you get this, but apparently everyone has it.

Field Medic -
Easiest way is to heal your partners with the extra health packs, and if you're doing single player, the bots will heal you later anyways before healing themselves.

Drag And Drop -
Kill a smoker before it deals damage to another player. This is fairly easy, I believe you just have to kill a smoker before it drags them all the way to him.

101 Cremations -
If you want an easy way to do this, abuse the use of the gas canisters, as well as throwing a pipe bomb then a moltov right after.

Dead Giveaway -
Heal another when your own health is below 10, this also works if your healthbar is flashing (With separate bars instead of all one solid bar)

Do Not Disturb -
This is hard, quite hard if you get unlucky. Sometimes witchs will be in bum-fuck-nowhere rooms that are closed so its easy, other times they're RIGHT where you have to go. I suggest getting this on normal or advanced with human players, as bots always stare at it and aggravate it.

Safety First -
Easiest way, play a difficulty map on Single Player, the bots will NEVER shoot teammates, so basically you're the only one that has to watch his fire, when in doubt, just don't even help them, they can help themselves over half the time.

Red Mist -
If you want to cheat but have a bad overall score at the end, go to hospital and get to the last safe room. Then do the finale, use the machine gun and when you have to get to the heli, die. And do it all over again and you can get about 100 kills per, and I don't think they go away even if you die.

A few I'd like to know if any of you know:

CROWNED -
Single headshot a witch, I tried this and failed miserably every time, do you simply have to wait for your teammates to get it low hp THEN headshot it? Will that work? Anyone can find out that wouldd be nice.

Unbreakable -
Does this work if you have other people healing you? Or what?

That's all I can think of for now, I'm off, have fun.

tinkerbell
25 Nov 2008, 01:32pm
unbreakable- no med packs at all, not even if someone else heals you

goin to the pub now so will post back later with all i have done and understand

Wraith
25 Nov 2008, 10:23pm
Outbreak:
is when you get puked on by a boomer who has the achievement, its a viral achievement that was passed on from the developers

Akimbo Assassin:
You can only use the pistols, molotovs, pipe bombs, and the gas can, oxygen tank and propane tank. no mini gun.

CrOwned:
get an autoshotty or just get a shotty, then walk up to her where you are litterally huggin her then wait till she stands up and unload in her face.

Red Mist:
The runway on Dead is a great place. I averaged 150 to 200 kills a try. And dieing and restarting doesn't take away your hard earned kills

Man Vs. Tank:
do a single player on the 4th blood harvest map turn it to expert then kill ur bots. then change it to easy, and you almost always find a tank there. and its a an open map just kill basic infected in the area before you fight it. and you can pretty much always out run it.

Tankbusters:
Just keep on playin thru coop witha good group and have the tier 2 weapons and you can take it down fast. sometimes its easier in versus if you get a nub tank that doesn't throw rocks.

Barf Bagged:
Just find the right time as a boomer in versus. I've done it like 20 times already it just takes patients and a good spawn.

All 4 Dead:
Requires a good spawn and all you have to do is incapasitate 4 survivors as the tank. you don't have to kill them but you have to be the one to incapasitate. not a fellow zombie normal or boss.

Lamb 2 Slaughter:
Its a bugged achievement says I have it in my game but not on my stats page. But its just purely situational. I think that using a smoker to grab someone out of the safe house works . thats how I got mine.

Zombie Genocidest:
The only achievement I do not have. Just play and have fun, it will come your way eventually. Got 17k kills as of now.

Got anymore questions just ask me.