PDA

View Full Version : No Handlebars

Eversmen
23 Nov 2008, 08:01am
Has anyone listened to Handle Bars? If you havn't you should check it out here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuK2A1ZqoWs , pretty cool song. Anyway, I thought I would post this to ask anyone, what excatly this song means? I kinda think it's about, how you can go from riding a bike with no handle bars, to takeing apart remotes, then making a comic book, and just keeps striving for power untill you get to a leader, being able to just about anything at all when your a leader and such without any consquences, such as starting a Holocaust, as Hitler did.

Wrathek
23 Nov 2008, 08:52am
it's a story of two boys growing up together. It starts with the simplicity of of childhood and advances into the hardships of adulthood, including but not limited to being betrayed by your childhood friend that you hadn't seen in years.

GrayFox
23 Nov 2008, 08:58am
It was good until the people in my school learned of it about 3 months after it came out, and they all rode it to death. I like the song again now that they've forgotten it.

Frostbyte
23 Nov 2008, 09:14am
Its a good song, but its a 1-hit wonder.
Anyway, it's about 2 kids who grow up together, and once they reach adulthood, they change paths, one of them becomes a dictator, the other one becomes a rebel leader, and by the part of the song ''I can end the planet in a holocaust'' is the rebel leader saying F-off to the dictator, by killing his own people.

Trogdor
23 Nov 2008, 09:33am
but its a 1-hit wonder.

I disagree. Rise, Stand Up, Anne Braden, and Theres a War Going on For Your Mind, or something like that, are all great, popular songs. To be honest, handlebars is one of my least favorites, only in front of Fight With Tools. Still, a great band, and a good song.

Matt.
23 Nov 2008, 10:15am
Heh anyone from arizona probably heard the parody. I found it :D The lyrics are funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JARA8Clufo

Born to Pwn
25 Nov 2008, 08:47pm
I might actually listen to this song if there was a Metal/Hard Rock cover! :D

Who's with me?

Cranks
27 Nov 2008, 07:30am
Ima going to see flobots next year with rise against should be good

Chobber
27 Nov 2008, 02:00pm
Ima going to see flobots next year with rise against should be good

OOoooh! With Rise Against?? *faints*

Best ever..!

Born to Pwn
28 Nov 2008, 02:24pm
Rise Against is ok, especially there cover of Anyway You Want It, but Flobots are just...bad.

Lux
28 Nov 2008, 05:01pm
Cranks I'm going to Rise Against too next year. Its at RoundHouse....but I doubt you are going there considering you are in Carlisle lol ;)

Anyway this song isn't....bad, but not really anything special.

Also Born To Pwn you shouldn't be so close minded.

A song doesn't have to be metal/hard rock to be good! I don't mind some metal......not much of a screamo guy but I'm...."experimenting". 5 years ago you would find me at a 50 Cent concert over Rise Against......but hey if you stick to genres over the quality of a song you end up thinking "Why do I hate this out of principle!?!?!?". I can think of a song I like from practically every genre, probably a load. Dunno about hard rock though......e.g Slayer......I can't imagine myself ever liking it :001_tongue:

Born to Pwn
28 Nov 2008, 05:51pm
Cranks I'm going to Rise Against too next year. Its at RoundHouse....but I doubt you are going there considering you are in Carlisle lol ;)

Anyway this song isn't....bad, but not really anything special.

Also Born To Pwn you shouldn't be so close minded.

A song doesn't have to be metal/hard rock to be good! I don't mind some metal......not much of a screamo guy but I'm...."experimenting". 5 years ago you would find me at a 50 Cent concert over Rise Against......but hey if you stick to genres over the quality of a song you end up thinking "Why do I hate this out of principle!?!?!?". I can think of a song I like from practically every genre, probably a load. Dunno about hard rock though......e.g Slayer......I can't imagine myself ever liking it :001_tongue:

I'm not close minded, I like some of everything! For instance, I love Lil Wayne, and Justice (techno group). Flobots are just terrible, imo, of course.

Lux
28 Nov 2008, 06:53pm
I'm not close minded, I like some of everything! For instance, I love Lil Wayne, and Justice (techno group). Flobots are just terrible, imo, of course.

hey no offence then ;) Just seemed you were but if you aren't thats good :laugh:

I agree Flobots aren't amazing