PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike - Condition Zero, The Deleted Scenes

Axel
21 Nov 2008, 03:35pm
This is a pretty old game and not many people play it...
Which is REALLY weird because I recently got it free when I bought the counter strike bundle thing...
It included

Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike Condition Zero
Counter Strike Condition Zero The Deleted Scenes (I'm reviewing)
Deathmatch Classic
Day of Defeat

This game is different than all the other counter strikes, it runs single player mode. This is kind of similar to Call Of Duty but with all the CS weapons!
In this review I have some screen shots of the game and I'll try to get a video, will be difficult though since it isn't source powered...

Graphics 4 / 5

Graphics are exactly the same as in the original counter strike. Personally I prefer the graphics like that! The detail of all the surroundings amazed me because for an old game, it is REALLY good.

There are of course some things that make the graphics lowered, you cannot adjust the lighting, this is a recurring problem for me. I change the lighting and it restarts the game... no changes are ever made, to lighten it simple modify the lighting on your monitor.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/its-a-me-MARIO/blood.jpg

General Gameplay 4.5 / 5

I wasn't sure if I should put a 5 for this... though the levels are good they are REALLY difficult if you forget what someone has said.
This is my own fault though because of my sound troubles, still the first level is the best.
Screenshots to be added once I can find them, I will make an edit.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/its-a-me-MARIO/level2.jpg

Controls 5 / 5

You can configure them just like any other cs game, they are already set to the best configuration so I did not alter them.

Overall Performance 4.8 / 5

This is a game well worth buying in my opinion!
The story isn't constant throughout
But you will always have a good time
Work with allies and help your team stop the threats!
Carry more than 1 primary weapon...
This is a great feature, carrying an Magnum Sniper alongside a Para!
Despite some levels being confusing this game is epic and I think everyone should experience it's unique gameplay!

EDIT
************************************************** ********************************************
My screenshots don't appear to be working i'll try print screening and putting them on paint

Mammal
22 Nov 2008, 09:59am
Whoa, didn't know this exsisted, wil have to look into it (:

andre1028
22 Nov 2008, 11:01am
Whoa, didn't know this exsisted, wil have to look into it (:

It comes with the Counter Strike Anthology pack I believe.

Justice...
22 Nov 2008, 07:26pm
It comes with the Counter Strike Anthology pack I believe.

yepp it does. I bought it for a good while ago, but never tried the deleted scenes :P thought it was some kind of movie or some shit, not a game :O

btw nice review ;)

Axel
22 Nov 2008, 09:40pm
yepp it does. I bought it for a good while ago, but never tried the deleted scenes :P thought it was some kind of movie or some shit, not a game :O

btw nice review ;)

I had it only because I have LOADS of free memory lol
But when I played it I thought
FUCKING HELL
This is actually a good game!
So I kept it :D
And now I'm addicted!

BOOWY
23 Nov 2008, 01:18am
The deleted scenes are quite good. The one thing that really bothers me about it is that the AI is archaic, like Half-Life one archaic. It's like being shot by those camo'd guys in Half-Life, or the guys in black suits.